Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Legendaries and the average green drop.
Random rant:

I know this is going to cause a lot of rage but i find the nord invasion system slightly defective at best as it honestly does require grind to get anything good. I've spent, what i believe to be, a good amount of time playing the mod and i've earned stuff, no doubt but not only is the challenge gone with hero classes and overpowered equipment, bots must be rediculous to balance for those weapons  and items and that ruins melee which would be hard anyhow.

--------------

I believe that the mod development reached a ceiling that's going to be hard to break trough in terms of new additions as opposed to fixes.
You can keep adding overpowered stuff but as soon as people start getting them, you'll be rebalancing the game again.
(And yes, once people start getting the high craftables the differance will be noticeable.

The gap between weapons is too high.
In my opinion a legendary should perform maxx 20% better than a market item (Including damage, range speed variations - this doesn't mean that you get flat 20% extra damage because that's huge! 5% more damage, 5% more speed and some more lenght for instance than the next best affordable item...) That way players get a significant boost but the balance remains and a skilled player with marketplace gear can perform as well as a guy with a legendary.
NERF all weapons, NERF all bots, Remove targeting reticule and remove shield repair/heals to promote more teamwork (Add shield repair engineer item, medic box stash (only resupplies medic boxes) and an "action key" healing "crate" for medics with several uses)
and i could go on...

Basically totally rebalance the game and when legendaries and high craftables would no longer be so insanely powerful you can touch the balance of drops. I find games where you only play for a cool factor and not insaine equipment much more to my liking, wouldn't you agree?
And considering how hard it is for a new player into the game (get good equipment - normal craftable) ...

if all those legendary and craftable weapons are so damn weak, how would you go about it then?
Balance around making different weapons good for different tasks - weapon variations

Also, mod Vikingr has the ability to use front or back end of an axe - hammer making it a slashing/blunt weapon and the model turns around aswell. I was told it was impossible or  very hard at least (on this forum) and yet they use it for one weapon alone in the whole mod...
This opens up a realm of possibilities like actual halberds, axe-hammers, ability to use blunt or sharp edge of the sword - katana like and spiked/blunt mauls or twohanded axes with blunt/ slashing, half half.

With less of a damage spread the game would be MUCH easier to balance and the progression would still be evident. (Hero classes and character leveling up which would be nerfed a bit too though) This would be the course of action i'd decide for if i were a developer and i wanted to make this game bouth accessible and rewarding.
Atm it's probably neither of those but this community is awesome and the developers are awesome. That's what is keeping this mod alive in my opinion.

Rage, ban, ignore all you want but this is my honest opinion and i took the time to type this because i believe that the current direction of the development should be steered away from the huge differances in power between weapons and particular classes/leveling up.
Significant progression is all good when you have the proper platform to work on but what the developers have to work with is far from perfect and very limited.

edit: and yes, this is relevant because the current metagame is about very significant progression meaning that balancing is insanely difficult. Dont ask developers something they can't do. The moment they make drops a lot higher people with a lot of time will start farming and earn fortunes, item values will drop and weekenders are even worse off.
Change the difficulty and new players hit a brick wall they can't climb or break and leave.
All fun when you want the mod to die and keep it just between yourselves
ON_iBlue - Master Peltast:
1 x Prince
1 x War Marshall
ON_InvisibleBlue - Sniper
Concerning legendary drops, I think devs heard us. :p
3 4 :p  "new" Legendaries dropped in less of one week, not bad.
Regarding NI's birthday, I think this was part of their plans (not sure though ^^)

Moreover, I still enjoy slaying Nords even without drops. I consider (high tier drops) as a plus. Even if I wanted to loot a lot, I think I still won't be happy. These are extras.
On the contrary, when I play Ragnarok or even hard, I sometimes don't feel this pleasure to play because this has to last for hours. So, I'm playing for drops and that I find it a bit boring. On another, I like playing this Ragnarok mod when I'm on ts with some lads. Of course, teams have to be very good coordinated.

I can write a lot but I'm not in a mood to do it. ^^
In conclusion, I still like playing NI just by the main purpose of this game : slaying Nords.
Imperial_Eagle, Legionnaire
Zweiter_Imperial_Eagle, Zweihander
Puma, Chosen Marksman
Fennec_Fox, Master Peltast
Another_Imperial_Eagle, Sentinel

5 legendaries now , if not more
maybe, just maybe... the drop chance for ragnarok legendaries is a bit too high ? Wink
Only people who don't deserve legendaries loot them. - YuriTheRed

I looted 3 legendaries so this is most definitely true.
(27-08-2013, 09:00 AM)Pikeman link Wrote: 5 legendaries now , if not more
maybe, just maybe... the drop chance for ragnarok legendaries is a bit too high ? Wink

No! Don't say it! D:
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."

couldn't disagree more. a week or so prior to the NI birthday the servers were dead, now look at them. for the duration of the NI Birthday the game has felt like it should (everyone playing together, and getting you fair shares worth of loot from time spent grinding). now that this event is over i cant stop thinking about how long it will take before the servers are once again "dead". in my personal opinion the drop rates for legendaries and greens should become what they were when the birthday event was on.
I have to agree to both of you. An increase of drops does indeed help populate the servers a lot, but 5 extremely valuable legendaries in just as many days is a bit too much imo. I'd say decrease the droprate of Odin a bit, but not to the rate it used to be, and keep the green drops as they were last week. Or better, the way I suggested it a few pages back.
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
Ullr's bane dropped legit.
It wasn't a part of the extra loot and xp event because we were slow. (2nd run)
Hyper posted about the end some 30 min before the kill i think  :-\
Unless he extended it for us  Wink
ON_iBlue - Master Peltast:
1 x Prince
1 x War Marshall
ON_InvisibleBlue - Sniper
I think they should be half way between.. not on and off..also.. did you guys forget about the AU Rag server drop rates..?
Legendary Drops:
Eastern Katana - December 2012
Legacy - April 2014
Pike of Kings - June 2014
Stag Bow -June 2014
Rupturers - June 2014
Durandel - August 2014
Ancient Greatsword - August 2014
Valsgarde Helmet - September 2014
Penetrator - April 2015
Mnominor - April 2015
Volundr Greatsword - April 2015
(27-08-2013, 11:04 AM)Slayer link Wrote: I think they should be half way between.. not on and off..also.. did you guys forget about the AU Rag server drop rates..?

Are they like twice as high as EU servers?
Sold my Volundr Great Sword at the 4th of May, 2014.

Steam: Sinister_Soldier
(27-08-2013, 11:05 AM)Sinister_Soldier link Wrote: [quote author=Slayer link=topic=16953.msg135752#msg135752 date=1377601440]
I think they should be half way between.. not on and off..also.. did you guys forget about the AU Rag server drop rates..?

Are they like twice as high as EU servers?
[/quote]

I see what you did there Smile
2 x 0 = 0

And on a serious note I'm pretty sure the drop rates were increased specifically for the bday weekend and will now be back down to normal levels so I have no idea why ppl are whining about high drop rates - its was a weekend event that the devs told everyone about...

Pls go burn in hell.... after giving me ur hurricane bow 
VLKA_Tee - Sharpshooter
VLKA_Tea - Royal Guard
VLKA_TeeHee - Master Peltast
VLKA_Killboy - Warden