Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Private server disconnection 1st May 2012
(23-03-2012, 02:47 PM)Juline link Wrote: [quote author=Fingus link=topic=2073.msg17555#msg17555 date=1332513679]
I like the drama this mod brings, keeps it interesting. What will Worm do next? Give the Nords wings? Will Hande ever have that cosmetic surgery he has been putting off? Will Hypernoma at some point share his OP hammer? Only time will tell, stay tuned to NordInvasion! ;D

They can't make everyone happy no matter how hard they try. All they can do is keep it fair for the majority of the people that play the game Smile
[/quote]

IMO that's the major problem, NI is not fair anymore, and only reserved to an elite, or to certain players that are close to devs team, since Jez is not really here anymore, things are changing.

Jez was always bringing new things and cool stuff for the players, new abilities, new posibilities, new cap limits, always trying to find more fun for us, now new devs team always try to seek new way to limit us and our fun.
Ofc, we are OP, ofc, there is unbalance, ofc we try to find new way to kill the Nords, that the Mod!!! killing Nords, we are here for that, so we try to find the best way to do it, I don't say we should glitch and exploit, but we try to find the most efficient way to do it, but Devs team take it personnaly, as if we touch to their personnal stuff, as if we can reach them in their OPness... as if they fear that the typical player could achieve the same goal as devs and have the same fun.

C'mon guys, you yell at us like children, you make us a lesson, but you are the first to use and abuse this mod, just take a look at your gear, you all have plenty of legendary weapons, some that only you can have, Hyper's hammer, Hande's full sword service and king lance, and most of all your armor. So you come sometimes on normal server with peons like us to show us your "skills".
No only things you show us is that you have mighty weapons and armors, you show us how it's easy with such gear.
Same thing with resurrection tome, that's a joke sry, this is way more efficient than the barricade bug for which you want to ban ppl, c'mon, with one tome ppl could be able to put barricade on all the map!!
Sorry but you don't show us a good example.

Even on forum there is favoritism, if a normal peon write something off topic in a trade thread, an admin jump on him to erase the post, if it's another admin that post in trade thread then there is no problem.

Dev can write anything :
http://forum.nordinvasion.com/index.php?...72.15.html (take a look at Sphinx humor)
and normal players can't :
http://forum.nordinvasion.com/index.php?...l#msg14489 (take a look a nothing admin erased posts)

Don't do what I do, but do what I say!!

Sorry guys, I play since a long time but never wrote anything on forum because there was no need, now that I feel that this mod is taking the wrong way I had to react.

Anyway, to be on topic (and to not see my post erased) to solve the problem of private servers :
No Password allowed
No poll vote allowed

except when house leader wants to organize an event, then they have to make an official request to devs, with time and duration of event.
You're way out of line...

1st I'm not a dev
2nd Mr.G posted and my thread saying that I was smelly. We re having some fun picking on each other and it s none of your concerns.
Ok time to clear one thing up here that seems to have been misunderstood a lot in this thread.

The problem with private servers aren't some people glitching, that goes on in normal servers as well. The problem here is the more we started checking into the private servers the higher we realized the percentage of people using their own server for personal gain. We we speak of exploiting and glitching on private servers we do not speak of your standard glitches.

We have found several serious exploits with private servers. People editing maps to gain advantages, either make themselves unreachable spots or move herbs around to farm forever. People turning on friendly bots. Turning off Nord spawns with afk macros to farm herbs.

When we add those cases into the number of servers just running for the owner and a friend or two using "regular" glitches like no tomorrow to farm hard mode. We started realizing that the number of servers actually being run legitimate started to be less then the ones being exploited. And this only proves to us that people can't be trusted with their own servers. Of course some of you can, but the ratio of private server abuse to proper use is so high that we can't justify letting people run their own servers anymore.

We understand some of you want to help out and run your own servers for you and your house, but I assure you number of servers will never be a issue from our side, we will always fit everyone in. And we are looking into a proper system to let Houses lend servers for events.
Oh, sorry to hear about this, makes it completely understandable now Smile. Shame this stuff occurs though Sad.
Nothing is impossible, it's just a matter of determination and probability.

2nd Knight forever!

No longer active.
NI 3: the admins strike back
Yay. An idiot. Time to address this rambling nonsense.

1st; reserved for the elite? ummm I actually "know" about 5 or 6 players in this mod, that is all. There is no NI elite and the majority of the top players are completely unknown to me or members of the dev team. Let's take one player as an example who we all know has done rather well at this game, OneEye. I have never spoken to him on TS or IRC and barely in-game, yet he is without a doubt one of the top players of the mod. He has never even donated, so how exactly is he a member of this invisible "elite".

2nd; We take it personally? What do you expect when players abuse our intellectual property that we allow you to play free of charge? You are abusing our "personal stuff". Who do you think this mod belongs to and who do you think owns the rights to this mod?

3rd; The hammer I am currently using will be a player craftable, I took it out to test and discovered it's far too OP and requires a nerf which it will receive in the next patch and then players will be using it. I actually spend most of my time on NI playing as my archer character (heavy longbowman) under a different name so people don't continuously ask questions. That character is completely "normal", has no legendaries and is played as a completely normal character and always will be. I have alts for each class in this game which are completely normal, as do all the other dev's, so don't moan about stuff you don't even know.

4th; as sphinx has pointed out, he is not a dev. We on the dev team spend a huge amount of time reading posts and pms but unfortunately do not spend a great deal of time reading through every post in the trading section of the forum as there are simply too many posts to keep track of them all. If someone had flagged that post then it would have been reviewed. There is no favouritism and we try to cut down on all spam, especially where the topic owner requests it.

5th; see worm's post then go back and read my original post again. We are decided in our course of action and moaning at us will not help. Each of us receive masses of reports of glitching on private servers every day and we are bored of punishing players. We do not want to have to punish players or take a strict line with you, we want to play this mod which we have had fun cgreating and have fun playing alongside players that have fun playing the mod. It is a shame that it has to come to this but as has already been stated, a section of the community are ruining it for everyone.

We appreciate that not every player likes the decisions that are made by the team. You do however have to remember that this is a learning experience for everyone and unfortunately some things do not work, as happens in developing or creating anything in life. Some classes require balanced, some weapons require balanced, hard mode needed changed, spawn numbers needed changed, maps need updated etc etc all as the problem is uncovered by the player base. This mod is run as an open beta which the majority of the community seem to appreciate, but as we have always offered, if you would prefer the mod can be entirely closed beta until the product is entirely finished.
Give a man a fish, and you have fed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will continue fishing even if you give him a fish.
- Fingus
Well said
[align=center][Image: birdtalon.png]
Fire and passion, just what I love to see. I can only hope to watch this mod grow larger and more complex as time moves on. So we cant vote maps thats not that annyoing, howver prehaps the dev team can alter the map rotaion list and change it up occasinly? So it doesnt become the same grind of levels bluring by covred in dead nords Smile.
There is no such thing as innocence only degrees of guilt.
(24-03-2012, 05:48 PM)Hypernoma link Wrote: .. yet he is without a doubt one of the top payers of the mod. He has never even donated, so ..

Please enlighten me how you become a top payer while never donating.  Tongue
Auf Blut gebaut
Go ask OneEye!
Give a man a fish, and you have fed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will continue fishing even if you give him a fish.
- Fingus