Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Got fliff?
House of worthless has recently been discussing the idea that we need more things to spend our fliff on. The reasoning behind this is that money will continue to inflate without more things to deplete our gold reserves. Here are some ideas we came up with:

vanity armor- mirrored amount of armor slots to control the look of your character without affecting the armor stats. This will not only give us something else to spend money on, but will increase diversity among the community. I have seen and enjoyed it in other games but am not sure how hard it is to implement.

very expensive market place items- for example, weapons having similar stats to legendary items(costing 1 million or so). This will give players that don't have the schedule to join events something to work toward.

scaling cost for shrine- exactly how character respec cost scales, this should be determined by player or class level(doesn't sound fun but seems fair to us).

Add your thoughts to our ideas or list your own.

love,
                                              team worthless

worthless_Babycakes  oh lord my swords out
Excuse me but what's fliff?
[align=center][Image: birdtalon.png]
lol. dosh, green, dough, cash, coin, moolah.................monies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp3wTXYoCCg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUhE5KsJ5hk
worthless_Babycakes  oh lord my swords out
i kinda like the shrine idea...although it would kill my income  Sad but it would make it more fair. as to the expensive weapons, i think we already have a bunch that are on par or at least close to some of the legendarys out there such as the sharpshooter bow and swadain halberd...more choices in that department however would be nice, not holding my breath though because i know the time it takes to implement that kind of stuff.

vanity armour. would love to see...again though i think rather time consuming to implement (someone needs to make the models) so...not holding my breath

overall though, it would be nice to see some of these changes in the mod
PEW PEW!!!! PEW PEW PEW!!!!!!!
PK_Wolfsblood: Prince kills 2 , thor kills 1
PK_Wolfsfang: thor kills 1
PK_Wolfsclaw: prince kills 2, Thor kills 1, odin kills 1
PK_Wolfman: prince kills 1
Yeah, vanity armor is probably the most impractical option. Implementation would probably be a pain in the ass, if at all possible. We were just racking our brains trying to think of ways to have the mod take gold away from players, rather than shuffling it around among the players constantly.
We also thought of the possible implementation of very expensive one-time potions(to instantaneously heal oneself) or resurrection charms(to automatically resurrect upon death). I haven't seen one-use times before, though, so thought that might be a troublesome implementation too. Also, you'd be ham-stringing yourself if those items took up a slot, since the medic/surgeon kits would be much better bang for your buck.
I dunno.. Just throwing some stuff out there. The auction hall 5% cut, house fees, and shrine costs are good starts.

EDIT:
Oops, to hit up on some things:
We wouldn't be expecting more armor models. Say you have a banded mail and a coat of plates - you use the coat of plates but have the banded mail as your vanity armor. Still, trouble with implementation, but would be a nice way to drain some extra gold out of players' coffers.
As far as the weapons go, it's still a player driven market. Collect materials -> Craft -> Sell in auction hall or keep or whatever. We're talking about ways to get rid of player gold, which would be to sell maybe slightly worse legendary-esque items through the marketplace at extraordinary prices.
worthless_Walter_Sobchak    You're out of your element
I like the armour idea but yeah - finding someone to model all these armours will be a pain.
[align=center][Image: birdtalon.png]
This is something that has been on my mind a lot lately. It's becoming more and more obvious that we have way to much gold coming into the game and not enough being drained out again. Probably even worse now with more gold entering due to the new loot split system.

The market goods required for crafting was a small step to try and counter it and the prices on the higher end ones will probably be adjust up by quite a bit. But this is and should only be a small part of the drain.

My main concern with adding any gold drains is to not make it harsh on lower level players, getting gold together on lower levels, while it can be a bit hard, seems fine where it is. So we don't want to tax them more then necessary, but high levels really do need some kind of money waster or we are destroying the economy long term.

Your suggestion about the shrine is a good one, while not really fun for anyone, if you paid by level it would help a lot as right now the amount is trivial to anyone at high levels that play hard mode and it should be a bit of a sacrifice to use it.

I have also been thinking in the lines of something overpriced for players to spend money one, vanity items or status symbols, but have so far not really come up with anything good. While vanity armors and armor dyes are a very good idea that works for many other games, and even something I would enjoy very much myself, it's not really doable for us. It would require a lot of work to re-texture every armor for several colors and it would require a separate item entry in the module files and this is the main problem. There is a cap on how many items you can have in Warband, no idea why they put that in place, but it's there. Been a while since I checked up on it, but I believe the cap was somewhere over 900 items. Currently we are sitting at 765 and would much rather save on item usage for future craftable and dropable gear as well as better looking Nords.

I would really love to see any ideas on the subject, be it taxation of players in a way, more fun stuff or actually useful stuff. But keep in mind that we are operating with quite a few limits on what is possible and not with the Warband module system.
You could also remove useless native shit that wont be in the game anyway.

Edit : Maybe a Artifact / Heirloom system - pay 500k at level 50 - 52 to get a item with a modifier from native ?
(resets all exp to 0)
As long as you wont add an upkeep system like C-rpg has its fine for me.
(Radical Idea: Full database reset.  Big Grin I would consider it quite a funny action.)
I've never really tried to mod Warband, so I'm ignorant on the subject. But, are those 8 armor/weapon slots hard coded into the game? Can they be added/removed? Also, I'm not sure if you have the tools available to have the game display 'x' armor model while getting the stats of 'y' armor.
A cRPG-esque upkeep system would work, but I'm sure they want to avoid copy-cat accusations  Wink
worthless_Walter_Sobchak    You're out of your element