Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Weapon/Armour Rebalance
  You know, Nord invasion is better than cRPG for one thing, that it doesn't have that pesky repair system that everyone is so messed up about. You dont have to wear that plate armour of yours without crying over spilled gold bags. But cRPG implemented this annoying feature for good reason, to balance out weapon/armour efficency versus maintenance trade-offs. Even a small club can be useful to some poor sod in need of gold badly since there's no need for repairs.

In the current version of Nord Invasion, you can buy anything and wear anything, which in the long run, will lose out interest in this mod. Lower-end items will literally gather up dust while all the veteran players get those coat of plates armed with glaives and long bows. There has to be an external balance stat to tip the advantage to a player with just a Red Tunic.

For that, I suggest implementing extra stats for certain weapons/armour. Light armour and weapons allow you to run faster with extra athletic stats, making them more useful and viable for players  who prefer speed than protection. Heavy armour and weapons on the other hand, should be balanced with alittle extra weight, so they still can hold interest in Heavy defense.

Ranged weapons should be nerfed when heavy armour is in use, so not to overpower players. Medium armours might incur some weapon proficency penalty while heavy armour is practically useless. That way, you won't see archers running around in plate armour and being able to take down Nord Knights with their battle axes at the same time. Every class should have a balance, pure archery/light infantry in light armour, versatile medium infantry or heavy infantry for pure melee.

There should be a set item bonus for each weapon towards armour. Heavy two-handed weapons can give a slight damage bonus when combined with heavy armour, save for a few special two-handeds for light to no armour(If you want to play a berserker-like viking that is) like an axe. Light weapons like a short sword gives an extra speed  attacktowards infantry wearing medium armour, daggers got better piercing damage with light armour and so on.

That means archers would have the range, but lack protection and must cover the heavy soldier who lack any sort of proper range protection but can mow down any sort of enemy they encounter. Medium soldiers are the balance between the two(although not pure in either) and can switch to melee or ranged on the fly)

Diversity would help to keep this mod alive for a very long time, and if everyone balances out their class to their armour, not everyone will be plate totting champion archers.  :Smile
[Image: 2n6u4ux.png]
For the Honour of the Fallen Swadians.
1. Armor is affecting your speed
2. I stopped playing crpg because everything got nerfed so hard! ( i had 700k gold)
3. But the speed of the sword depends on the sword
4. Nordinvasion forever!
With the classes system you won't see archers running around in plate armours, since it limits what they can buy and use. If they go double-specced you can see snipers wearing heavy mail, but then they'r lvl 50, and deserved it.

So the first plated archer you might see will have plate armour (sargeant/commando) and at best archer class, which only have 50 bow profiency or something, and do puny damage against everything above cloth armour.
(26-11-2011, 12:26 PM)Roran link Wrote: With the classes system you won't see archers running around in plate armours, since it limits what they can buy and use. If they go double-specced you can see snipers wearing heavy mail, but then they'r lvl 50, and deserved it.

So the first plated archer you might see will have plate armour (sargeant/commando) and at best archer class, which only have 50 bow profiency or something, and do puny damage against everything above cloth armour.

Roran is pretty much right! However there will be a level cap, so i doubt we will see full on snipers in plate as that combination probably wont be available Smile
That is not what I'm trying to say " abandon everything for the superb longbow " but rather aiming for balance and realism purposes. Full plates dont mix with War bows as such, nor is Tunicmen with Sword of Wars(well, that could be possible). We could make some armour (like the coat of plates) unable to use ranged weapons efficently while other heavy armours (surcoats) still be able to use bows, aebeit a slight penalty.

Low-end armours arent being used that much when everyone goes Veteran, so there must be some way to let people utilze these equipment as a fair trade-off to other high-end armours.

There is a theory about the weight of armours in the taleworlds forum, although I'm not sure where I have seen it.
0.0 to 10.0 Weight - light armour
10.0 to 20.0 Weight - Medium armour
20.0 and above Weight - Heavy armour

An item set bonus means a slight addition to stats while not literally breaking the balance of combat in the mod. A longbowman donning a green tunic with cape and a felt hat might recieve the "robin hood" bonus with slight stat increases. That way, people might find the chellenges more interesting and try to use the light armours for a change from their surcoats.
[Image: 2n6u4ux.png]
For the Honour of the Fallen Swadians.
Oh yay and lets add slots so archers would be forced to use one-handed swords (I'm serious)!
I was the first Horse-Archer you know?
(27-11-2011, 09:37 AM)Melvarius link Wrote: Oh yay and lets add slots so archers would be forced to use one-handed swords (I'm serious)!

Well, I'm an archer, so I really don't like this suggestion :p But for example the Nord Archer, they use 2h battle axe's :/ So now we may not use that anymore? Smile
Le_Marousi, SCK_Marousi, that's me Big Grin
We are swadians not nords Angry
(27-11-2011, 12:00 PM)Golradir link Wrote: We are swadians not nords Angry

Traitors exist, you know? :p Cuz Swadia and archers are normally a NO GO-operation Big Grin
Le_Marousi, SCK_Marousi, that's me Big Grin
(27-11-2011, 11:35 AM)Marousi link Wrote: [quote author=Melvarius link=topic=154.msg1084#msg1084 date=1322386677]
Oh yay and lets add slots so archers would be forced to use one-handed swords (I'm serious)!

Well, I'm an archer, so I really don't like this suggestion :p But for example the Nord Archer, they use 2h battle axe's :/ So now we may not use that anymore? Smile
[/quote]

How about making the nords have c-rpgish loadouts
I was the first Horse-Archer you know?