Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

[Version 1.8] Website Enhancement Script
Thanks for the great script.  I find it very convenient to be able to store links to various often-used pages in the side bar.

---

I have a small suggestion regarding the way the links are stored.  This change would allow links which contain commas (such as forum threads) to be specified.

Instead of using [tt]join()[/tt] and [tt]split(",")[/tt] to create and display the list of links, use [tt]join("|")[/tt] and [tt]split("|")[/tt].  As it is now, if there is a comma in a link, the script splits the link at the comma causing the list to display incorrectly.  By using the [tt]|[/tt] symbol to separate the links, this can be avoided.

To implement this change, edit the [tt]join[/tt] and [tt]split[/tt] methods on lines 96, 114, 132, 169, 186, 198, 222, 232, and 242.

---

Also, I noticed something about the way the website handles the crafting pages.  It seems that the website uses a "p=" parameter to determine which character receives the crafting experience points.  All the crafting pages for my first character end in [tt]p=1[/tt].  All the crafting pages for my second character end in [tt]p=2[/tt].  If the wrong number is used, the item is crafted but the experience points are not gained.  This means, for example, that if I wanted to store a link for salvaging metal in the side bar, it would only work for one of the characters.

So far, I have not come up with any possible solutions besides saving a separate link for each character.  I don't really consider this a problem with the script - it is just unfortunate that the website requires this parameter.  Just wanted to mention this for those who have multiple characters.

---

Thanks again for the script.
CC_Warden_Kip | CC_Sentinel_Kip | CC_Guard_Kip | CC_Zweihander_Kip | CC_Marksman_Kip | CC_Pavise_Kip | CC_Peltast_Kip | CC_Marauder_Kip | others...
Thank you for your feedback Kip.

With regards to the comma on the split, I will slap Jikuu for that one and change it as soon as my exams are over.

Secondly, before I hit the exams deadline, I was implementing an "auto-character login/switcher" so once that is in, it would be nice and simple to just switch the number with regards to which character you're on.

Otherwise, I would say that the script would be able to dynamically store variables for each character, so that when you switch to an alt, you'll have completely different links than to your main. (With regards to crafting, others will be the same). That shouldn't be too difficult to implement and would really solve the issue and allow for as many characters with links as you want.

To be honest, with only having one character with crafting, I never thought about what would happen in that situation, but I am glad you brought that to light Kip.

Thanks for that one, and as I say, I will start work (and kick Jikuu into shape) once we finish our exams. Mine, as a reference will finish on the 25th this month.
[Image: GuardTennenothSig-2hat-2.png]

Add the straw hat as a usable item. I feel naked without it!
Add back Nordic armour! I have nowhere warm to sleep now!
Avatar courtesy of Tomas of Miles.
Good luck!  Wink
[align=center][Image: birdtalon.png]
Good luck Smile, mine also finish on 25th xD
Nothing is impossible, it's just a matter of determination and probability.

2nd Knight forever!

No longer active.
Mine also finish on the 25th... I smell a conspiracy.
Give a man a fish, and you have fed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will continue fishing even if you give him a fish.
- Fingus
Good luck guys, mine finish on the 21st of June.
(23-05-2012, 09:06 PM)Jeremiah The 12th link Wrote: Good luck guys, mine finish on the 21st of June.

Ooof, I don't envy you my friend, as the same to the rest of you, good luck/I hope you did well and thanks for your support! Smile

I noticed that the "NI EXP Le Lazy - Jikuu_Ryuu" section is slightly broken because of the removal of mounted xp.  This causes the script to not calculate how much assist xp to use for gold.

To correct the problem, replace this code...

[code=Original Code]
function addEvents() {
obj.getElementsByClassName('a2')[0].addEventListener('click', function(){inputEXP('assist_ranged')}, false);
obj.getElementsByClassName('a3')[0].addEventListener('click', function(){inputEXP('assist_melee')}, false);
obj.getElementsByClassName('a4')[0].addEventListener('click', function(){inputEXP('assist_mounted')}, false);
obj.getElementsByClassName('a5')[0].addEventListener('click', function(){inputEXP('assist_gold')}, false);
}
[/code]

with this code...

[code=New Code]
function addEvents() {
obj.getElementsByClassName('a2')[0].addEventListener('click', function(){inputEXP('assist_ranged')}, false);
obj.getElementsByClassName('a3')[0].addEventListener('click', function(){inputEXP('assist_melee')}, false);
obj.getElementsByClassName('a4')[0].addEventListener('click', function(){inputEXP('assist_gold')}, false);
}
[/code]

(The function starts on line 303.)
CC_Warden_Kip | CC_Sentinel_Kip | CC_Guard_Kip | CC_Zweihander_Kip | CC_Marksman_Kip | CC_Pavise_Kip | CC_Peltast_Kip | CC_Marauder_Kip | others...
(25-07-2012, 02:18 AM)Kip link Wrote: I noticed that the "NI EXP Le Lazy - Jikuu_Ryuu" section is slightly broken because of the removal of mounted xp.  This causes the script to not calculate how much assist xp to use for gold.

To correct the problem, replace this code...

[code=Original Code]
function addEvents() {
obj.getElementsByClassName('a4')[0].addEventListener('click', function(){inputEXP('assist_mounted')}, false);
obj.getElementsByClassName('a5')[0].addEventListener('click', function(){inputEXP('assist_gold')}, false);
}
[/code]

with this code...

[code=New Code]
function addEvents() {
obj.getElementsByClassName('a4')[0].addEventListener('click', function(){inputEXP('assist_gold')}, false);
}
[/code]

(The function starts on line 303.)

Yes indeed.
Thanks for saving me time and spurring me to actually sort this thing out. I've been rather busy if you haven't guessed Sad

(25-07-2012, 03:01 PM)Tennenoth link Wrote: I've been rather busy if you haven't guessed Sad

I was guessing you might have been.  I've had a fairly busy summer myself.

If there is anything I can do to help with the script, let me know and I'll try my best to help.  (I don't have a lot of JavaScript experience, but I'm working on it and can usually get some code working when I have a specific goal.)  Meanwhile, if I find anything else, I will post about it.