Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Grammar Problems
I have noticed that people are rather sloppy in their writing. While not an RPing forum, it would still be nicer to look at if people used good grammar in their posts.

Here are some tips, and, while amusing they are relevant and useful if you take the time to read through them.

1. Don't use no double negatives.
    2. Make each pronoun agree with their antecedent.
    3. Join clauses good, like a conjunction should.
    4. About them sentence fragments.
    5. When dangling, watch them participles.
    6. Verbs has to agree with their subject.
    7 Just between you and I, case is important, too.
    8. Don't write run-on sentences they are hard to read.
    9. Don't use commas, which are not necessary.
    10. Try to not ever split infinitives.
    11. Its important to use your apostrophe's correctly.
    12. Proofread your writing to see if you any words out.
Start the game already!
Aye aye! Though it is understandable that there are many people here who aren't native English speakers, I'm sure we can help them improve by pointing out errors.
ba da bing ba da BAN! -Hypernoma
Here are a couple of good sample sentences.

1) I will go now and install now all of games.
2) There are a good number of people wanting to be the them.
3) Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Captain_Stoogey
(24-03-2012, 06:36 PM)Sparhawk link Wrote: ...While not an RPing forum...

RPing section would be nice. I haven't done one of those in a *long* time. But yes, seriously, grammar, punctuation and spelling are extremely important. Or at least use punctuation. Giant run-on sentences give me headaches...
SB_Talgion_Cheeseliker (Commando/Militia)
SB_Hyrpyndyrpyn_IV (Skirmisher)
(24-03-2012, 08:41 PM)clickeverywhere link Wrote: Aye aye! Though it is understandable that there are many people here who aren't native English speakers, I'm sure we can help them improve by pointing out errors.

Nicely of course... Wink
Start the game already!
It was implied!
ba da bing ba da BAN! -Hypernoma
Good tips, but as a non-native English writer/speaker, I found it a bit hard to understand most of it.

I'll admit I wasn't the best at grammar, but I think I have learned to "hear" what is right or wrong.

My point is that if I'm having trouble understanding, I'm guessing I'm not the only one. Maybe some examples would help? English grammar and syntax differ from my native language, so it's not as easy as "translating" the grammar rules.

Lastly, I guess I could go back to school (but I'm too cool?) or just look it up. But since you wanted to educate the NI community, here's your chance Sparhawk Wink
True, I will have to work on some examples for each of those rules then. I can understand why it would be difficult to get what they mean if you are not born English speaking.
Start the game already!
As much as I may love to, I'm not sure we can force proper grammar upon the NI community Tongue Irregardless (go controversial language!) I wish you the bestest (wooo incorrect superlative) of luck!
Give a man a fish, and you have fed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will continue fishing even if you give him a fish.
- Fingus
(25-03-2012, 02:16 PM)Hypernoma link Wrote: As much as I may love to, I'm not sure we can force proper grammar upon the NI community Tongue Irregardless (go controversial language!) I wish you the bestest (wooo incorrect superlative) of luck!

We may not be able to force it upon them, BUT WE CAN DROWNED THEM IN IT!!!! Mwahahahah!
Start the game already!