Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

The Chest
hello fellow swadian, i have lately seen that alot of players is really upset about the amount of green mats dropped, or rather the lack of the green mats, and it got me wondering, what about making sure that when you actually kill the very last boss on each mode, you will get something, well my idea was in the first place that the boss would drop a chest ON the server, but coming to thinking of it that would be stupid and could be miss used, my new idea with some help from Slayer and Mystic, would be that when you manage to kill Prince, Ragnar and odin, they will drop a chest, in that chest you would be guaranteed a random green mat, here i have an idea for example, you kill the prince and this pop up on the screen you found 1x small chest, then you go to the website, and click open chest, and inside the chest is a green mat, ofcourse all randomised so that you wouldnt loot a damascus steel from prince but you have the chance of looting for example raven feather, and other loot that you may find on normal, and the same idea with ragnar odin, and possibly even thor, taking that he is such a hard bastard to kill anyway, very simply, my idea is that from every time you succesfully complete a run of something and you stay alive, you have the chance to loot something even if you are extremely unlucky. Just an idea plz dont butcher me way too much

sincerely the danish dane from denmark
I think it would be a good idea to have something like this:

Small chest - Medium chest - Large chest

Prince - Ragnar - Odin

1x RGH (Random green drop) - 1x RGH + 1x RGH - 1x RGH + 1x RGH + 1x RGH

Meaning for instance, you are alive, you kill odin, you get 1x large chest which will give you 3 random green mats, not 3 zinc shards (all though it could be possible) but 1x this, 1x that, and 1x this. Could end up with a wood of glasir, Raven feather and a water.

Other then that, I love the idea of having something guaranteed than have to go through hours for absolutely nothing.
Legendary Drops:
Eastern Katana - December 2012
Legacy - April 2014
Pike of Kings - June 2014
Stag Bow -June 2014
Rupturers - June 2014
Durandel - August 2014
Ancient Greatsword - August 2014
Valsgarde Helmet - September 2014
Penetrator - April 2015
Mnominor - April 2015
Volundr Greatsword - April 2015
I approve of this as you can finally after putting several hours into the mod to actually get something worthwhile in the game.
AFG AFG AFG

DO NOT MESSAGE ME.
how about they drop those chests and sometimes a key for the chests ? , you need the key to open the chest and get the loot
would turn nordinvasion into tf2 lol nvm
Only people who don't deserve legendaries loot them. - YuriTheRed

I looted 3 legendaries so this is most definitely true.
(31-08-2013, 03:02 PM)Pikeman link Wrote: how about they drop those chests and sometimes a key for the chests ? , you need the key to open the chest and get the loot

Disagree because then that would be pointless, you're trying to find a green mat (key) to get green mats (mats inside chest).
Legendary Drops:
Eastern Katana - December 2012
Legacy - April 2014
Pike of Kings - June 2014
Stag Bow -June 2014
Rupturers - June 2014
Durandel - August 2014
Ancient Greatsword - August 2014
Valsgarde Helmet - September 2014
Penetrator - April 2015
Mnominor - April 2015
Volundr Greatsword - April 2015
(31-08-2013, 03:02 PM)Pikeman link Wrote: how about they drop those chests and sometimes a key for the chests ? , you need the key to open the chest and get the loot

would make the same problem, you find 20 keys but no chests, vice versa, personally if i found a chest i would prolly smash it with an axe or something like that
This idea seems awesome Smile
i like this idea but how would it work?. does the chest appear on the NI web app or on the ground in game like a health pot. if you intend for it to be in-game then the end screen must be taken into account which would prevent people from looting. p.s. what if there was a chest on NI Web App that you can collect key shards for through the game and eventually build the key to open the chest? just a thought and +1 to Tjav for this awesome idea
(31-08-2013, 03:50 PM)madjosh link Wrote: i like this idea but how would it work?. does the chest appear on the NI web app or on the ground in game like a health pot. if you intend for it to be in-game then the end screen must be taken into account which would prevent people from looting. p.s. what if there was a chest on NI Web App that you can collect key shards for through the game and eventually build the key to open the chest? just a thought and +1 to Tjav for this awesome idea

I like the idea, but I veto keys. Ideally, there would be a 75-90% chance of the chest dropping for everyone (so everyone individually has a chance of getting it), and when you do, it just shows you have found 1 x Chest, which you can open from the website, to get a random green material. Considering the amount of runs completable in a day (4-6 prince runs, 3 hard, or 2 rag), I'd say it shouldn't be a guaranteed drop, but a high chance of getting it, to prevent people from spamming Prince all day, for example.

Still, good idea.
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
(31-08-2013, 02:59 PM)Slayer link Wrote: I think it would be a good idea to have something like this:

Small chest - Medium chest - Large chest

Prince - Ragnar - Odin

1x RGH (Random green drop) - 1x RGH + 1x RGH - 1x RGH + 1x RGH + 1x RGH

Meaning for instance, you are alive, you kill odin, you get 1x large chest which will give you 3 random green mats, not 3 zinc shards (all though it could be possible) but 1x this, 1x that, and 1x this. Could end up with a wood of glasir, Raven feather and a water.

Other then that, I love the idea of having something guaranteed than have to go through hours for absolutely nothing.

I like the idea, it would just mean that the 5-6 people leaching on each server would be guaranteed drops Sad
It would also lead to more admin abuse with them hopping servers to join at a wave 16 to be guaranteed drops. (Not all, but people no the ones that do it)