Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Increase melee XP/gold multiplier + rewards for the shielders
I know that I'll get called an idiot (mostly because that 90% of players prefer playing ranged classes) but here I write anyway.

This feature request is about increasuing melee xp/gold multiplier. Why? In order to balance the amounts of XPs and gold that players recieve. My proposal is to add to recieved amout of melee XP/gold a multiplier of x5/x10. And I'm not talking about adding it to Normal mode because it would be unfair (hey, it's all unfair to infantry now) to the others. I'm talking about Hard and Ragnarok mode where at the Odin's wave players playing ranged classes have 200 kills and commandos have like 20 of them. 5x for the Hard mode and 7x for the Ragnarok

Another request that I... request is a system of the awards for the shielders. How would it look like? I thought about it (I invented it) while writing the first part of this post. I thought about 2 options:
  1. Shielder recieves the XPs and gold for the damage (invent some multiplier) that his shield recieved and the "damager" is killed
  2. Shielder recieves the XPs and gold for the damage that his shield recieved

Please remember before commenting that each shield has its "armour" amount that decreases recieved damage.

What do you thing about this all? Share your opinions!

Cheers

PS:
(08-09-2013, 10:50 AM)clickeverywhere link Wrote: There is some truth in what Khalidov says though. Commandos sacrifice their attack potential so as to shield for the team, and this results in slower experience and gold gain for them (as opposed to slashers and ranged classes who kill for the most part). There are other roles that sacrifice their own gain for the benefit of the team (such as the people who act as medics and juggle items). In this way, infantry can be perceived as a "difficult" class.
PS 2: It's a teamplay-based game (mod) so every team-working player should be rewarded in a fair and equal way.
Playing NI since December 2011
This has been suggested before, but your variation hasn't been.

One major problem with your idea about XP being assigned on how often a shield takes damage is that sometimes shields don't take damage... With 3 shielders, 4 commandos behind and 3 pikemen behind that, as well as ranged shooting the shield wall. A shielder some times won't take many hits during a wave. Also, the thrid shielder is often off to the side, only taking 50% of the hits, it is often only 1 shielder taking the majority of the hits. Also second suggestion is very open to abuse, people would just AFK with their shield up and let it get hit, or there will be 2 people on a server hitting each others shields.

As it has been said before by myself and many others, yes it sucks that some times shielders/healers get little praise for the sacrifice they make, but it is a team game and someone needs to do it if the team wants to get far. It is up to the other players to share the load, by either helping out in other ways, or switching with shielders/healers so it isn't the same people doing it all the time. (Though that will never happen, as a good portion of NI players are selfish or simply don't want to play an infantry class for example, but sadly that is the game we choose to play).
Definitely looking into a way to make medic/shielding/non aggressive roles more appealing.

Might be worth looking into reducing how much xp + gold is gained through kills. (more for assist)
Nothing is impossible, it's just a matter of determination and probability.

2nd Knight forever!

No longer active.
(08-09-2013, 01:45 PM)Senni link Wrote:Definitely looking into a way to make medic/shielding/non aggressive roles more appealing.

Might be worth looking into reducing how much xp + gold is gained through kills. (more for assist)

Like no kill xp at all? I like the idea of purely only assist xp. No benefit for being the one who gets the kill. People would still kill the nords as well, that is the point of the game...
(08-09-2013, 01:45 PM)Senni link Wrote:Definitely looking into a way to make medic/shielding/non aggressive roles more appealing.

Just make sure you raise the assist value a bit more then if thats the case, or levelling up will be a PAIN.
Legendary Drops:
Eastern Katana - December 2012
Legacy - April 2014
Pike of Kings - June 2014
Stag Bow -June 2014
Rupturers - June 2014
Durandel - August 2014
Ancient Greatsword - August 2014
Valsgarde Helmet - September 2014
Penetrator - April 2015
Mnominor - April 2015
Volundr Greatsword - April 2015
(08-09-2013, 12:25 PM)Khalidov link Wrote:
  • Shielder recieves the XPs and gold for the damage (invent some multiplier) that his shield recieved and the "damager" is killed
  • Shielder recieves the XPs and gold for the damage that his shield recieved

Not sure I quite understand, but this could be easily abused, if myself and a friend joined a server and just stood their hitting each others shields, then repairing as the shield would break, we would still get the gold and assist.
My Characters!

VLKA_Handef_Snizel - Royal Gaurd
VLKA_Handef - Master Peltast
VLKA_HybridLeHandef - Sharpshooter
VLKA_Snizel - Ranger
Completely agree with Ragnash's post. The way to work around for this problem could be through a rotation between roles.

As for Handef's concern, I think for the first part:
(08-09-2013, 12:25 PM)Khalidov link Wrote:
  • Shielder recieves the XPs and gold for the damage (invent some multiplier) that his shield recieved and the "damager" is killed
I think Khalidov is suggesting that the damage the enemy Nord causes to a shield should be taken into account for calculating assist experience. If that's the case, there would still remain the potential for abuse (join a server and let a nord hit your shields until they break) but this could be deterred by adding a cap on the hypothetical exp and gold possibly gained through this bonus modifier.

As long as this method is less efficient for leveling/gaining gold than normal methods, it might not be a problem.
ba da bing ba da BAN! -Hypernoma