Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Increase drop rates (seriously)
(06-09-2013, 10:31 PM)Khalidov link Wrote: [quote author=Punishment™ link=topic=17565.msg138299#msg138299 date=1378478544]
Thought this was a team game?
Exactly. There should be drop rates increased, not decreased as it is now, depending on how many players are currently on the server.
[/quote]

drop rates aren't lower with a bigger team.
'Who needs social life if you have double experience?' -yuri
(06-09-2013, 10:33 PM)human_being link Wrote: [quote author=Khalidov link=topic=17565.msg138377#msg138377 date=1378506683]
[quote author=Punishment™ link=topic=17565.msg138299#msg138299 date=1378478544]
Thought this was a team game?
Exactly. There should be drop rates increased, not decreased as it is now, depending on how many players are currently on the server.
[/quote]

drop rates aren't lower with a bigger team.
[/quote]

The chance of a bot dropping something doesn't change, but the drop is given to one player within assist exp range. So instead of having this drop distributed between 16 people, you always get it if you solo, so your chance would be is 16x higher when soling than when fighting with a full team.
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
Still no.
(Following numbers are not accurate-will be fixed soon)
A single players spawns on a Hard server about 9 Nords (3 Soldiers, 1 Ranger, ~5 V. Soldiers/V. Pikeman). If we had two players there wouldn't spawn 18 bots and we had 10 players they woulnd't have to fight 90 nords - but rather something about 50.
So if everyone is in range of getting loot/xp, every player would get 1/10 of the loot tgat was dropped - so we can say ge 'gets' ~5 nords / as much loot as if he had killed 5 nords soloing.
So, each wave you get more loot per wave than you got if you played with 16 players.

This and the fact that soloing procresses much faster (compared to 16 players refilling/healing each wave), makes soloing attractive for people.

But i didn't say a word about 'soloing' earlier in this thread. What I said was
(06-09-2013, 02:41 PM)human_being link Wrote: Go kiting.
In my opinion soloing is boring as fuck; i personally prefer kiting with 1-3 more players sitting in a TS channel - tell me how this is not teamwork. And tell me how this is abad thing.

The loot system is a nasty thing. Sometimes you get 3 waters within a week or 3 green drops within 2 hours - but yet sometimes you'll loot only old boots for an entire week of excessive pplaying.
But there are many high (house) craftables, tons of incredibly expensive mats - so these mats OFTEN drop but as you are just one of many, many players ... - well, do you expect loot a fiendish weekly?

Aim for collecting legendaries, aim for the best equipment ever - but don't let your happiness depend on it.
When someone is looting well, he won't be like 'Yeeeaah I love the dropt rates' but when he is getting unlucky he'll say 'Damn low droprates INCREASE!!1'
So in the end there are only people starting disussions on drop rates that feel treated badly by the game.

Seriously, why bother the devs with such request? I'd rather have shared inventories for my chars and such - so just focus on really important and helpful requests.
My two cents.
(07-09-2013, 05:54 AM)human_being link Wrote: Still no.
(Following numbers are not accurate-will be fixed soon)
A single players spawns on a Hard server about 9 Nords (3 Soldiers, 1 Ranger, ~5 V. Soldiers/V. Pikeman). If we had two players there wouldn't spawn 18 bots and we had 10 players they woulnd't have to fight 90 nords - but rather something about 50.
So if everyone is in range of getting loot/xp, every player would get 1/10 of the loot tgat was dropped - so we can say ge 'gets' ~5 nords / as much loot as if he had killed 5 nords soloing.
So, each wave you get more loot per wave than you got if you played with 16 players.

Still only one boss per boss wave, no matter the amount of players...
(07-09-2013, 11:44 AM)Genpuu link Wrote: Still only one boss per boss wave, no matter the amount of players...
So what?
There should really be 16 Bosses on full server - it has to be fair  :Smile

A wave entirely comprised of odin you say? hmmm
Give a man a fish, and you have fed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will continue fishing even if you give him a fish.
- Fingus
we are doomed.....
He didn't say a wave made of multiple Thors, so we're fine. Big Grin
Characters: CC_Commando_NickyJ, CC_Ranger_NickyJ, CC_Pikeman_NickyJ, CC_Sharpshooter_NickyJ
(07-09-2013, 02:24 PM)Hypernoma link Wrote: A wave entirely comprised of odin you say? hmmm

If that means every Odin has a chance of dropping a legendary  Big Grin
(06-09-2013, 02:41 PM)human_being link Wrote: Go kiting.
Yea, it's sad to see that (in a teamplay-based game) drop(award) rates are calculated in the way that it's better to go play alone instead in going play with the team. And that's why I'm complaining.
Playing NI since December 2011