Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Heavy INF or Heavy xbow?
Everybody says I should go Heavy xbox and that it can shoot much faster (Like as fast as a longbow?).

I looked at the stats though and its only better by a few a few points, barely anything. The armor/weapons are shit too.

Do the stats make up for that though, maybe that's what I'm not accounting for?

Heavy infantry on the other hand offers MUCH better armor/weapons, although it's not my main focus (range).

It seems the only reason to go heavy xbow is for the opportunity to eventually go sharpshooter, making all that endless game-play time finally worth it.

edit: and please don't say: Just do what you like best. If I knew that, I wouldn't be asking.

In add
So, erm, I'm guessing you're a tier one crossbow atm? For a rule of thumb, always stick to one class with one character. So upgrade a crossbowman to heavy crossbowman, man at arms, and then sharpshooter. Although the transition from tier 1 to tier 2 isn't that big, almost all the good gear in the game is used by tier 4 of a class.
Furthermore, the crossbow has only slightly less armor than the infantry, but gets good one handed and ranged back for it.
My suggestion, go heavy xbow, and then all the way up to tier 4. It's not that long a run, really.
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
Titles says: heavy inf or heavy xbox.

Right now I'm a tier 1 infantry and tier 1 xbow.

EDIT: Does xbow stat make me accurate and more powerful, or just more accurate?
Tbh your best bet is sticking to the class you want to be tier 4 at. Think about later on for the last 8 levels where you will be 0-2-3-0 where you could have tier 4 kit you only have tier 3. It takes long enough with an arb, and sinking a lot of assist into getting a powerful xbow would make it take even longer. So that's my advice go heavy Xbow

Also the kit you have at tier 2 doesn't matter as you will want to replace it as soon as you can anyway
good luck and have fun, remember other players are people too, make sure they want to help against the nord menace Wink
I can really advice going either ONLY Infantry or ONLY Crossbow. That way you get access to the really good gear (which is all for tier 4) as early as possible. If you want to switch to be only inf or xbow, best decide on that as soon as possible, because the lower level you are, the cheaper it is to get your classpoints back and go a different class.

Also, upgrading to heavy xbow (not xbox Tongue) increases your crossbow WPF, thus making you shoot faster, more accurate, and deal more damage, and you can buy better crossbows, which also deal more damage.

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
(03-09-2013, 09:53 PM)Maroon link Wrote: I can really advice going either ONLY Infantry or ONLY Crossbow. That way you get access to the really good gear (which is all for tier 4) as early as possible. If you want to switch to be only inf or xbow, best decide on that as soon as possible, because the lower level you are, the cheaper it is to get your classpoints back and go a different class.

Also, upgrading to heavy xbow (not xbox Tongue) increases your crossbow WPF, thus making you shoot faster, more accurate, and deal more damage, and you can buy better crossbows, which also deal more damage.

Crossbow damage is not increased or decreased by WPF.

On the subject, Maroon is giving very good advice. You said you enjoy ranged combat, so go for T4 Xbow, it is very powerful and useful. A crossbowman should not be playing like he was an infantry, so the weaker armor and melee weapons is not a large loss. If you feel it is, go for the aventurier hero class for stronger 1handed weapons. 
whats WPF? anyways I ended up going heavy crossbow, and I bought a custom crossbow on the market which seems signficantly better than the one in the npc marketplace.

(03-09-2013, 10:38 PM)Harlaus link Wrote: Crossbow damage is not increased or decreased by WPF.

On the subject, Maroon is giving very good advice. You said you enjoy ranged combat, so go for T4 Xbow, it is very powerful and useful. A crossbowman should not be playing like he was an infantry, so the weaker armor and melee weapons is not a large loss. If you feel it is, go for the aventurier hero class for stronger 1handed weapons.

Ah, right, "Crossbows" was the only exception to that, wasn't it?
Anyway, WPF means Weapons Proficiency, the points you can stick in a certain weapon type in singleplayer to make him better with a certain weapon type.

Actually WPF does increase damage. In native with 0 xbow with I hurt 71 with siege xbow and with 600 wpf I hurt 76 or so with same bolts and xbow.
No it does not, not on crossbows.

Code:
if weapon_type == 'crossbow':
    if raining:
        raw_damage *= 0.75
else:
    raw_damage *= proficiency * 0.01 * 0.15 + 0.85

It is possible that your target was wearing armor, which would explain a difference in damage between the two shots.