Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

The Order Of The Scarlet Blade [NA/EU][Level 32+]
Fitting the shields perfectly is always more nice to me.
[Image: gQUGcYN.gif?1]
(02-05-2012, 08:04 PM)Galen_Thalheimer link Wrote: [quote author=freiwulf link=topic=2204.msg25767#msg25767 date=1335980064]
Right the time has come our new banner will be number 2

2:[Image: TeEf2.png]

Ok, I'll clean it up and do some testing to make it look as good as possible. Don't submit the one from the poll. All I need to know is if people would rather have the lion be as big as possible for the shields and overflow the emblem, or fit the emblem perfectly, and be smaller on the shields.
[/quote]
You do what you need to and get it submitted please great work Thal
COURAGE: do one brave thing then run like hell

Long Live The Order Of The Scarlet Blade's
PK_Friewulf_shielder
(03-05-2012, 05:56 PM)freiwulf link Wrote: You do what you need to and get it submitted please great work Thal

Ok, final image is up in my original post. Last chance for comments before I submit. I made the lion as big as possible while still fitting as much of the sword as possible. The stupid round shield make centered things tough since they have decorations in the middle. If I make the whole lion fit like in the original prototype, then the lion's head is invisible.
House Thalheimer: Galen (Legionnaire), Wilhelm (Warden), Johann (Chosen Marksmen), Friedrich (Master Peltast) [Engineers]
Crafting: Blacksmith Max, Armorsmith Max, Alchemy Max, Support 22, Defender 14
NI House: The Order of Scarlet Blade Scarlet Knights
NI Banners - NI Banner Prototypes

(19-04-2012, 04:12 PM)Galen_Thalheimer link Wrote: I was thinking of ideas for it (and was playing around with some prototypes).

Would we want some more weapon types in it (spear,arrow,bolt), or still just the sword? Stylized, or more graphic?

I was thinking of having the sword through a half-broken nord helmet.

edit: Here are some mockups. Of course, it is easy to change colong/position/size of elements as I'm using an SVG file. It really just depends on what kind of keel the house wants to have. I think the dark, rich colors look good for the background. I've provided some ideas. The real decision would be what we want the primary color of the emblem/shields/heraldic armor to be. A dark red might look good and still give the "Scarlet" feel when in the smaller emblem.

If anyone wants the SVG to play with their own variants, let me know, and I can supply it.

Here is the final image unless there are comments:
[Image: NfRwp.png] [Image: 72iTt.jpg]

2012-4-21 - went through and redid prototypes with the correct layer blending so the flag texture shows up in all elements, added triple swords, added Blondin's submissions. Somebody stop me, or I'll just keep generating new ones.
2012-4-22 - reorged to put options that more people seem to be liking in the bottom grouping, added some color variants, removed skull choices
2012-4-23 - added Turpis' prototype, added new #10, action shots
2012-5-3 added final for approval

Its...its..its beautiful. Well done except, for one thing is it just me or does it look orange?
Galen, how much will you take to come work for PK?
Start the game already!
(04-05-2012, 10:59 AM)Lollo link Wrote: Can you please add my house banner? Thank you Smile

Banner A16 - Hic Sunt Leones

[Image: bannerhouse.png]

On a separate note, seeing as how another just house just used the same graphic for their new banner, do we want to go with the sword design instead?  Not to throw a wrench into the works.

Darn free clipart! *shakes fist at sky*  I can guarantee now one has the exact same sword, as I made it from scratch.

Edit: And I suppose it also begs to ask the question: is the house name The Order of the Scarlet Blade or Blades? I've seen it both. The post has it as plural, the domain name, teamspeak, etc. has it as singular. If we switched to the swords, it would seem important how many blades are actually scarlet.
House Thalheimer: Galen (Legionnaire), Wilhelm (Warden), Johann (Chosen Marksmen), Friedrich (Master Peltast) [Engineers]

Damn, I was looking forward to the new look.

Less important for me as I don't have a shield or tabbard (note to self to ask why can't archers get a tabbard? or maybe they can?).

Given we are all Swadian so similarities in banners could be forgiven, especially with a very different color scheme. But I also see what you mean. I really appreciate all the effort and personally don't mind which way we go here. More important for you who did the work or the infantry who etc., who will sport more of the design.
I don't think we have tochange it can be slightly the same, besides ours looks better then theirs Tongue  and i've nevr heard of that house.. not to be mean.
(04-05-2012, 06:00 PM)Jarold link Wrote: I don't think we have tochange it can be slightly the same, besides ours looks better then theirs Tongue  and i've nevr heard of that house.. not to be mean.

At least according to their post, they just started today, so not surprised you haven't.

Personally, I think the triple swords (with the red background,white down the middle with reversed color swords looks the best of all of them). It's what I've been playing with in Native, and it looks really good. However, the lion won. After I saw the other banner, I just wanted to let people know so they could input before I submit. If it was just "lion" being the same, I wouldn't really care that much. However, it's exactly the same lion, which looks not as good. However, we are bigger house, so it will be seen more.

Jarold/Freiwulf -- why don't you guys discuss what you want to do and let me know. The lion is ready, the swords will only take about 30 minutes to get all lined up correctly and tested.

Ok lets wait to see what other members have to say frei and I have a 12 hour time difference so its kinda hard to talk back and forth about something Tongue.

If they just started to play I kinda feel like they stole our banner when they saw our thread  :'(