Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

A note about the future
(29-03-2012, 09:45 AM)Blondin link Wrote: You mean shared loot?
It's the best add on to this mod, promoting teamwork and making selfish-rambo useless.

Omg. Yea, very "best" add. I archer, and i have in round ~200-300kills, and have loot ~3 Heavy Cloth, 1-2 Hardened Metal, very rare Lump of Lead. Very good loot, yea. Therefore I was compelled to play alone on empty servers to have a single loot...
(Provided it's no April 1st joke)

You mean we don't have to put up with idiot cavalry-types who charge halfway across the map to kill the peasant we're a swing away from? Huzzah!  ;D

With the skirmisher coming in, is it likely that existing thrower-infantry characters will have their throwing capabilities nerfed? I'm currently a longbowman/sergeant on the way to longbowman/commando. Would hate to lose the agility/foot speed/infantry-only armor or be forced to use polearms as a compromise. Sure, I can learn to deal with it, but it would seem silly to lose the capacity for a 'cohort' sub-type, to be replaced by a homogenised thrower template.
Well, whatever happens is whatever happens.  Getting angry and bouncing all over the place because a change (negative or otherwise) is coming is unlikely to affect the outcome.  Though I am admittedly a bit upset about AI Cavalry being taken out of the mod (they add that needed occasional frustration and "shit" in my opinion despite their here and there exploitation), but what happens is what happens.  Also the nerfing of the player classes is a bit of a "damn it" (especially Infantry), but that isn't something I would be genuinely upset about.

Nord Invasion is a good and well done mod, and I plan to stay with it through ups, downs and what I hope to be sky rockets.  After all it is free, and who the hell am I or anyone else to bitch incessantly if the developers want to do what they want to do? Plus there is a plan...isn't there?
As some of you seem to be a bit on edge about bringing class stats down I'll explain it a bit better.

What we are planning on doing is bringing all stats down a tad, say 20-25% as a rough number. With the exception of weapon proficency which will probably be taken down a lot more since we are way over soft cap anyway.

Now this change holds true for both players and AI. And we with this change we are taking away totaly overpowered items from the AI as it will be easier for us to just balance them by bringing stats up and down now.

So in fact the efficiency of classes should stay around the same, that is our goal, the numbers will just be lower but your killing and survival power will (hopefully) be around the same as it is now.

As for Snipers, we are not talking about giving you terrible accuracy, not at all. Right now you have about 6-7 seconds or so pinpoint acuraccy at Sniper level. We are going to bring this down to around 1-2 seconds, but increase your rate of fire. The projectile speed might decrease a bit as well, we will see during testing. You will still have a lot of killing power, but crossbows will be the one who can take their time and aim for the heavy targets and archers hail down death at a rapid rate. I will also mention that more AI might decide to leave their shield at home with this patch.  Wink
Atm on a full server with 16 player, its hard to find 3 or 4 willing shielder to do a good shieldwall. Lets hope we dont lose them. If we all playing archer, skirmish or xbow teamwork wont be work...
Once more into the fray
Into the last good fight I'll ever know
Live and die on this day
Live and die on this day
Commando for life.
"And it goes a little something like this..."
(29-03-2012, 10:38 AM)Conqueror_Worm link Wrote: text

Does that mean that xbow will be better in later stages, and archer in beginning stages? Since you would think that later stages the AI would get armor... Or are you trying to balance that?
Please , dont remove horses from the Nord bots. i love raping them  :'(
Its no 1.april joke Tongue

At least now i understand that on mapplayground beach assault is now a harbor map without horsie area Tongue

And maps like caravan ambush got way better since they got an extra place which is easy to defend.

One thing i'd like to ask is what does happen with the swadian lamellar, bandedmail...: does it gets also 50% for inf or will these be skirmisher armors?

And please make the light highlander armor usable, i still got one in my Inventory Tongue

And could you please Tell us at the release the different increase of Skills and Profiencies for each class? (since ppl want to know which class/hybride got for example most power strike)

And one other thing is that the horseslot should be now support slot so that xbowman got a 4th sloth for shield  and the others for throwing weps Tongue

Edit:And please make gauntlets usable again Tongue

Edit2: And if we get all the respec, please give us also our support class xp back Tongue (im a master surgeon without tome but i like having a complete skilltree Tongue)
(28-03-2012, 07:35 PM)Tarimoth link Wrote: If I needed to, I'd pay for this mod, it's worth it.
All because of the dev team - good work, Devs! I am cavalry myself, but godamn I respect taking such hard decisions as the ones you do! Thats the attitude which will change mods and make them unique and worth playing!
Much admiration.

This.

(29-03-2012, 09:54 AM)Lost_Legend link Wrote: its hard enough already imho.

It's not hard enough when i can solo normal, and almost hardmode, considering it's supposed to be pretty hard for a team.

Several other people can, too.

(28-03-2012, 09:29 PM)_Sphinx_ link Wrote: And no more spectating kiters for 20-30mins Tongue

There's no certainty of that.
[size=1pt]
MeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstext
MeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstext