Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Less ranged Nords?
Bring back the AI from when 0.5.1 was first launched, of course with tweaks I enjoyed the axe volleys and made saving last a priority when they came into melee mode.

(25-09-2013, 08:18 PM)The Cid link Wrote: [quote author=[UK]_DruggedUpTurtle link=topic=18370.msg142340#msg142340 date=1380139197]
Makes the game easier, I disagree with this!

And it's not always about winning.

How so?  I find its easier to hide behind a wall and pick off ranged Nords while a few cades can stop any melee attackers. 

Great if your a Archer, Xbow or Pikeman, but Commando not so?
[/quote]

Always breaks my heart to see this...
Not to mention Hard Mode where 3 of the 5 challenge waves are always ranged without any chance to be something different.  It can get pretty tedious.
Bort - Legionnaire
Bortcher - Warden
I agree with this, especially on maps such as swadian temple on hard, commandos are pointless, 2 shielders is all you need...
My Characters!

VLKA_Handef_Snizel - Royal Gaurd
VLKA_Handef - Master Peltast
VLKA_HybridLeHandef - Sharpshooter
VLKA_Snizel - Ranger
i dont see a problem with the amount of ranged nords in hard and ragnarok mode as is. The problem for me is with the maps. first defence and swadian town are just examples. you will find that on these maps the nords bunch up from a single direction and allow for the range to easily pick them off with a need for only 1-2 shielders if that! I propose that the maps be made harder so that the shielders and commando slashers are needed once again and you don't have people passing up maps just to get to first defence. but, then again who wants to shield these days when shielding is so unrewarding?
(25-09-2013, 11:42 PM)madjosh link Wrote: i dont see a problem with the amount of ranged nords in hard and ragnarok mode as is. The problem for me is with the maps. first defence and swadian town are just examples. you will find that on these maps the nords bunch up from a single direction and allow for the range to easily pick them off with a need for only 1-2 shielders if that! I propose that the maps be made harder so that the shielders and commando slashers are needed once again and you don't have people passing up maps just to get to first defence. but, then again who wants to shield these days when shielding is so unrewarding?

Shielding would not feel so unrewarding if it was a must have to progress, like it used to be.  Swadian town and First Defense are great maps!  How would changing two of the most popular maps improve the game?
Doesn't get the game to easy with less Nord rangers? You can better say.
"Let's add more nords every round. 10 more infantry won't get bored"  Big Grin
DB_BlackWarden - DB_BlackPeltast - DB_BlackKnight - DB_BlackPavise
Alchemist 16 - ArmorSmith 21 - BlackSmith 18 - Alchemist 8
(26-09-2013, 07:56 AM)The Cid link Wrote: [quote author=madjosh link=topic=18370.msg142376#msg142376 date=1380152558]
i dont see a problem with the amount of ranged nords in hard and ragnarok mode as is. The problem for me is with the maps. first defence and swadian town are just examples. you will find that on these maps the nords bunch up from a single direction and allow for the range to easily pick them off with a need for only 1-2 shielders if that! I propose that the maps be made harder so that the shielders and commando slashers are needed once again and you don't have people passing up maps just to get to first defence. but, then again who wants to shield these days when shielding is so unrewarding?

Shielding would not feel so unrewarding if it was a must have to progress, like it used to be.  Swadian town and First Defense are great maps!  How would changing two of the most popular maps improve the game?
[/quote]

that still doesn't change the fact that shielders get significantly less xp for a far more tedious and boring job.
(26-09-2013, 08:40 AM)madjosh link Wrote: [quote author=The Cid link=topic=18370.msg142406#msg142406 date=1380182192]
[quote author=madjosh link=topic=18370.msg142376#msg142376 date=1380152558]

[/quote]

that still doesn't change the fact that shielders get significantly less xp for a far more tedious and boring job.
[/quote]

Shielding never will be the best part of the game.  As the game is now, it does get rather boring stood doing nothing for full and semi waves.  Thats the point of this topic= try find ways on playing commando more fun again.
(26-09-2013, 09:02 AM)The Cid link Wrote: [quote author=madjosh link=topic=18370.msg142415#msg142415 date=1380184821]
[quote author=The Cid link=topic=18370.msg142406#msg142406 date=1380182192]
[quote author=madjosh link=topic=18370.msg142376#msg142376 date=1380152558]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Shielding never will be the best part of the game.  As the game is now, it does get rather boring stood doing nothing for full and semi waves.  Thats the point of this topic= try find ways on playing commando more fun again.
[/quote]

you do realise that there is no difference standing around with your shield up no matter how many range nords there are. also less range nords will no doubt make it easier for archers to kite meaning even less shielders?