Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

NordInvasion Weekly Event Discussion
Because we have servers specifically for it which are official.
[align=center][Image: birdtalon.png]

Mhhh, so why there was lot of lag on event? its 16ppl server like the others ...
I don't know why there was lag. I will need to speak with Worm about it.

Ok thanks! and keep with the nice hard work Smile
All three of the servers may have been hosted on a single box. Seeing as how they were almost full and the spread of people is quite wide, it was probably too stressed.
Captain_Stoogey
team 1 for the laggy win on that one.  Smile

p.s Reguarding the medal system...

I like it.
Warband Modder / Scener
Unity 3D Developer
Unreal 4 Developer

[WCS] WITCHCORESTUDIOS: Owner / Lead Developer

Current Standalone in progress: Warborn [ Medieval, Survival, Sandbox, MMO ] Assembled using Unity 3D 5

Contact for anything regarding anything: [STEAM]: [WCS] Warborn  [eMAIL]: witchcorestudios@gmail.com
Quote:[The medal system] was meant to be an incentive for players to try out different Roles in the events so they can earn all the medals, i.e. if you already have the attacker medal maybe you should try shielding to get that medal.

There is not hard and fast rule about who gets a medal - as you all know the game can be quite fast sometime so you dont have the time to think about who is doing really well, but you might just be able to spot that one guy building the barricades every 4 rounds or maybe the healer running back and forth all the time making sure everyone is alive or the shielder standing there like a wall not moving even though he is swarmed with enemies.

I don't really care enough to have an issue with this (yeah it would promote teamplay maybe more if the whole team got a medal, but I don't see the point in that). It does seem pretty easy for the captains to be biased however and it would also be nice if the captain could get a medal. I think a poll after the event in which every one can vote for the person who did best would be quite fun as well, but seeing you can only add one poll per thread on this forum this would either warrant a shit load of stupid threads or someone having to do annoying work on changing the poll every few days to see who is the most popular at every role.

However current situation is fun enough and I like it Smile
(24-04-2012, 10:46 PM)Kwal link Wrote:
Guarnere Wrote:[The medal system] was meant to be an incentive for players to try out different Roles in the events so they can earn all the medals, i.e. if you already have the attacker medal maybe you should try shielding to get that medal.

There is not hard and fast rule about who gets a medal - as you all know the game can be quite fast sometime so you dont have the time to think about who is doing really well, but you might just be able to spot that one guy building the barricades every 4 rounds or maybe the healer running back and forth all the time making sure everyone is alive or the shielder standing there like a wall not moving even though he is swarmed with enemies.

I don't really care enough to have an issue with this (yeah it would promote teamplay maybe more if the whole team got a medal, but I don't see the point in that). It does seem pretty easy for the captains to be biased however and it would also be nice if the captain could get a medal. I think a poll after the event in which every one can vote for the person who did best would be quite fun as well, but seeing you can only add one poll per thread on this forum this would either warrant a shit load of stupid threads or someone having to do annoying work on changing the poll every few days to see who is the most popular at every role.

However current situation is fun enough and I like it Smile

Funnily enough I have already thought of a Captain medal but I just havent had the time to implement it. Also maybe a Server medal or something might be a good idea, awarded to everyone in the server for being Prince or something.

I also did think about a public vote system but like you said it would take a lot of managing or a lot of threads - neither of which we want. So the only fair way I thought it could be done is by having the captains do it. Don't forget me and Birdtalon have the final say so if we think people are being biased to friends or house members we will pick up on it. The captains do give me an explanation as to why the medals are due, so they are justified.

Also, just so you know, if you look at the medals awarded you'll notice that out of the 3 servers running there weren't 3 medals in each category, meaning that people didn't really stand out in those Roles on some of the servers, so medals are not just being awarded randomly.
"And it goes a little something like this..."
The medals are just a spin off idea that Mr G, came up with. They are designed to praise exceptional performance in the event and not to raise any players higher than others. What matters is that you guys were all in the servers having fun together and I think that has been achieved. Expect new event thread for this weekend soonish.
(24-04-2012, 08:59 PM)Nimueh link Wrote: team 1 for the laggy win on that one.  Smile

p.s Reguarding the medal system...

I like it.

You certainly earned it, with that switch you made with me halfway through a hardmode wave, so that I could start slashing instead!

As for the medal system in general: I think it's a good way of encouraging players to participate in events in general, and to listen up and do as the captain says - which will lead to beating the invasion, if it's a good captain Smile
Don't think the individual-medal-system undermines morale at all, as there is no real life situation here - the "morale" of players playing a game comes from the fun of playing it, imo :p Players who did really good, if there are any, should be told so. And what better way than by giving them a medal?