Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Client Release 0.4.0 - Garlic Horse Sausage
First I'd like to say that I appreciate all of the work you have put into making this mod, and I continue to enjoy it immensely.

Now to business, as I had focused entirely on infantry before, I'll only provide feedback on it now.

The adjustments: I can live with the skills being lowered, but I have to ask why power throw is back down to 1...

We can swing swords, but we can't throw an axe... Sure it might not be accurate, but we can at least pick one up and toss it at somebody. I will now have an even deeper hatred of the archers that sit behind the invisible wall and riddle my shield with arrows. Which brings me to my next topic:

The shields: Infantry are supposed to be the guys with the shields. That's all anybody ever wanted them to do, and that's about all they were good for in hard mode... So why can't we use board shields anymore? Sure they aren't the best, but for infantry that haven't hit commando yet, they're as good as they get. (when you think of a shield wall, you think of a board shield. Not some guy holding a board shield and trying to fire a crossbow one handed, which they can't do in this game)
^ This one just seems odd to me.

Armor: I purposely chose the heavier leathers as opposed to the chain mail, as I didn't want to be a clone of my friend's character. Of the armor I had before the patch, I can wear my helmet and my gloves. Nice to know I won't get STDs from the Nords. (har har, but really, I enjoy wearing armor into battle)
My boots were the splinted greaves, and I had the cuir bouilli for my torso

I now feel like we're being pushed away from sword and board and made to focus on two handeds. This is odd to me, as like I said, we have no ranged attacks. What good is standing behind a shield wall going to do us when the longest weapon we can use now is the (tentatively speaking as I have yet to confirm this) flamberge... Which is an incredibly disappointing weapon.

Well, that's the end of my rant. Time to go Sexy and I know it on some Nords.
Thanks for reading devs. I will continue to play regardless of what others may be saying, and I support not supporting a petition.
They can take our lives, but they can never take our lamb kebobs!

Because here in Swadia, we feast!
(05-04-2012, 01:45 PM)OneEyE link Wrote: Its feels like a big Top Player nerf. Nobody invest 4,5 Million for tome thats only works one time, nobody invest 2.5 million in armor that everybody with a camel gets for free. Our hard work got destroyed with one patch ... There is no sense in working hard here when my progress gots destroyed every patch...

You took those words from my heart OneEye Big Grin I would never pay so much for res tome if i knew it would be ****** . Or for transitional armour if its on AH for 100k now!
Ok so I'll probably annoy a few people, but I got to play a couple of hour’s last night post patch and with a pretty experienced team of players. So I'm guessing the Devs do want constructive criticism.

Firstly overall I think I do see where you guys are going with this and honestly I do think the fighters were overpowered last patch with the armor upgrade, at the lower levels of Nords it was just silly that they could pretty much just stand there and take almost no damage, or so it seemed.

Of course they complained that archers were overpowered, since I re-specced to straight archer I was toast in melee. So it’s down to how you want to play, but sure it was annoying a sniper could solo kite a round. Mostly, unless a re-spawn round, if left alone I just died.

I mean it has to be about game play and it’s a team game so I’m not that fussed about being down spec’d on the sniper/archer side.

It is a pain messing about again with who can wear what armor, but I can also see where you are going I think.

I for one will miss Cav, even Nord Cav, and the knights charging on foot just doesn’t look right.

But you guys keep working on it and I don’t see this level of support on a lot of paid games.

Please fix the door on the Great Hall. I do want new maps and hey castles and such have to high on all our lists of places to play in. Port map looks good. Crafting needs some love too, but I saw above that’s coming.
Regarding Rez tome: can you not take 4 to the battlefield when you spawn?
no
Once more into the fray
Into the last good fight I'll ever know
Live and die on this day
Live and die on this day
It sucks for us that it got nerfed, but it's still pretty special that you can revive your whole team with it. What I'd like to see more is that it would take a nasty amount of time to refill it, but that it would still be possible.
I really like the new Pikeman class. I love polearms and throwing; my c-rpg char from way back when was polearm/throwing. That being said I want to reiterate that I believe a stack increase on their throwing weapons would make them more of a viable class(not much of course;an extra 2-5 or so per stack). Possibly an athletics boost for run-speed. While naked, I can run around and handle quite a bit but that leaves me very vulnerable. If I put the armor on I cant get enough distance; so of course like throwing stacks, I wouldn't want too much of an increase. As for pikeman's damage and accuracy, you hit the nail on the head. Well done, I can't wait to enjoy the extra tweaks you guys will be coming out with soon.

Thank you for loving me; I love you too,
                                                  Baby of Cakes-House of worthless
worthless_Babycakes  oh lord my swords out
Difficulty increased across the board? I like that.
Does anyone know if any other legendaries were nerfed? Just curious - I'm not necessarily against the dreaded warpick nerf.
Veteran pikemen are assholes. Makes it interesting, since they're hard to kite. They like to stab through their teammates.
I think the only fixes I expect are the obvious ones: Fix the broken armor models/textures, nerf striped armor, and fix the one-handed proficiency being better for snipers than commandos.

<3
worthless_Walter_Sobchak    You're out of your element
The sun pike got nerfed... again; its stats are now 52 cutting swing and 42 piercing thrust damage; Speed 88 and reach 180 but it can now be used with a shield. I'm here thinking why is a craftable swadian halberd better than a legendary sunpike!!!
(05-04-2012, 01:52 PM)El Capitan Tribok link Wrote: First I'd like to say that I appreciate all of the work you have put into making this mod, and I continue to enjoy it immensely.

Now to business, as I had focused entirely on infantry before, I'll only provide feedback on it now.

The adjustments: I can live with the skills being lowered, but I have to ask why power throw is back down to 1...

We can swing swords, but we can't throw an axe... Sure it might not be accurate, but we can at least pick one up and toss it at somebody. I will now have an even deeper hatred of the archers that sit behind the invisible wall and riddle my shield with arrows. Which brings me to my next topic:

The shields: Infantry are supposed to be the guys with the shields. That's all anybody ever wanted them to do, and that's about all they were good for in hard mode... So why can't we use board shields anymore? Sure they aren't the best, but for infantry that haven't hit commando yet, they're as good as they get. (when you think of a shield wall, you think of a board shield. Not some guy holding a board shield and trying to fire a crossbow one handed, which they can't do in this game)
^ This one just seems odd to me.

Armor: I purposely chose the heavier leathers as opposed to the chain mail, as I didn't want to be a clone of my friend's character. Of the armor I had before the patch, I can wear my helmet and my gloves. Nice to know I won't get STDs from the Nords. (har har, but really, I enjoy wearing armor into battle)
My boots were the splinted greaves, and I had the cuir bouilli for my torso

I now feel like we're being pushed away from sword and board and made to focus on two handeds. This is odd to me, as like I said, we have no ranged attacks. What good is standing behind a shield wall going to do us when the longest weapon we can use now is the (tentatively speaking as I have yet to confirm this) flamberge... Which is an incredibly disappointing weapon.

Well, that's the end of my rant. Time to go Sexy and I know it on some Nords.
Thanks for reading devs. I will continue to play regardless of what others may be saying, and I support not supporting a petition.

Throwing was taken away from infantry to encourage hybridizing. Nothing stops people to take two tiers of skirmisher for some extra throwing power.
Board shields were moved to crossbowman class. All the infantry shields have been considerably buffed (all of them have now about 50% more HP). I dont see how you are pushed towards two handed in correlation with the patch changes.