Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Sharpshooter is a bit disappointing
There is no real point going sharpshooter instead of sniperĀ  :-\.sniper has higher damage(power draw bonus)sharpshooter has nothing like power draw,sniper has higher rate of fire(sharpshooter has reload time) only thing sharpshooter has going at this point is accuracy.This is only my opinion of course,what do you all think about this class?
i think it makes me look like a boss rather than having some tiny bow? Anyway i guess you right. Is it still in a "BETA" form?
Anyone else wish that they could play from the nords perspective?
Shooting Nords with bolts using psychic powers (invisible xbows), what's not to like?
(05-04-2012, 03:59 AM)Aventori link Wrote: i think it makes me look like a boss rather than having some tiny bow? Anyway i guess you right. Is it still in a "BETA" form?

Theoretically, this whole mod is in 'beta' Tongue
Siege Crossbow does 75p damage, that is more than any archer can hope for.
We also have a problem with all the new models. For some reason the meshes are not appearing in-game. As soon as they are there will be lots of awesome toys to play with!
Give a man a fish, and you have fed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will continue fishing even if you give him a fish.
- Fingus
(05-04-2012, 11:19 AM)Nemeth link Wrote: Siege Crossbow does 75p damage, that is more than any archer can hope for.

Mmh, not with power draw up and a hurricane bow.

See, power draw increases bow damage by 14% ( i heard it was 8% in this mod ) per power draw you have.

Crossbows dont.

Meaning that (assuming its 8% per powerdraw) a hurricane bow deals:

36p + 8x6(%) (assuming 6 power draw) = 36+48% = 53.28P + 10p(bronze arrows) = 63.28P ( Assuming the 10 pierce is post-powerdraw )

so 63.28 pierce vs 75 pierce - 75 pierce shoots once every 4 sec(maybe slower), 63,28 pierce shoots once every 1 sec.

Damage per second on bow: 63.28

damage per second on crossbow (assuming 4 sec break between shots): 18,75

This is fine, cause the crossbow is the one whos supposed to SNIPE down enemies, killing them with one shot, so ofcourse lower damage per second, but they should have a visible increase in damage per hit, imo.
And erh.. I saw a crossbowman shoot a serf.. Twice.. Before he died. (Tier 4 crossbowman, with that invisible crossbow)

Im not complaining - Im not a crossbowman , im just theorycrafting .. I did leave out some factors. (Like bolts damage bonus, shoot speed etc) And i did not try out crossbowman, so i dont know the exact reload time etc.
[size=1pt]
MeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstext
MeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstext
Siege crossbow is about 4 seconds. Others are much faster and as I stated above, it will change once we can work why the new crossbows are not working. I can promise you that crossbows will be more damaging than bows. Also that math is irrelevant. Crossbow isn't going for dps but for the damage upon contact. Also factor in projectile speed, downhill bonus, shot to the face etc etc and it becomes an entirely different sum.

I also don't really see why people are moaning. I'm playing crossbow just now and loving it so much more than archer.
Give a man a fish, and you have fed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will continue fishing even if you give him a fish.
- Fingus
Ok nice xbow have 75dmg because steelbolts not good only +2 dmg.. meaby change this? hmm +5dmg?
(05-04-2012, 12:40 PM)Filthy The Kid link Wrote: [quote author=Nemeth link=topic=2367.msg20151#msg20151 date=1333624758]
Siege Crossbow does 75p damage, that is more than any archer can hope for.

Mmh, not with power draw up and a hurricane bow.

See, power draw increases bow damage by 14% ( i heard it was 8% in this mod ) per power draw you have.

Crossbows dont.

Meaning that (assuming its 8% per powerdraw) a hurricane bow deals:

36p + 8x6(%) (assuming 6 power draw) = 36+48% = 53.28P + 10p(bronze arrows) = 63.28P ( Assuming the 10 pierce is post-powerdraw )

so 63.28 pierce vs 75 pierce - 75 pierce shoots once every 4 sec(maybe slower), 63,28 pierce shoots once every 1 sec.

Damage per second on bow: 63.28

damage per second on crossbow (assuming 4 sec break between shots): 18,75

This is fine, cause the crossbow is the one whos supposed to SNIPE down enemies, killing them with one shot, so ofcourse lower damage per second, but they should have a visible increase in damage per hit, imo.
And erh.. I saw a crossbowman shoot a serf.. Twice.. Before he died. (Tier 4 crossbowman, with that invisible crossbow)

Im not complaining - Im not a crossbowman , im just theorycrafting .. I did leave out some factors. (Like bolts damage bonus, shoot speed etc) And i did not try out crossbowman, so i dont know the exact reload time etc.
[/quote]

Wow... You einstein ??? Nice Big Grin