Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

My Windows Detected a Hard Disk Problem...
Well, sorta in a clickeverywhere moment now... I think my Hard Disk might be failing on my craptastic laptop which I use for shits and giggles. Sadly I don't think I can do anything but wait for it to fail and replace it, anything I can do? Smile
(20-10-2013, 05:20 PM)Renji link Wrote:Well, sorta in a clickeverywhere moment now... I think my Hard Disk might be failing on my craptastic laptop which I use for shits and giggles. Sadly I don't think I can do anything but wait for it to fail and replace it, anything I can do? Smile

Securing your important data on an external drive, replacing you HD before it crasehs finally, check your disk with , for example , the following programm : http://www.chip.de/downloads/CheckDrive-...52601.html
Wusel @ Omnia
It died sadly after making the post. The basic functions are there, but not my other needed functions. The dreaded "PXE-E61: Media Test Failure, Check Cable
PXE-MOF: Exiting INTEL PXE ROM
Operating System Not Found"
has now plagued me. I'll be on my other laptop I guess. I need it fixed Smile
Out of curiosity, What model laptop is it? Some PXE errors are fixable
VLKA_Benschie - Royal Guard, lvl 22 Alchemist
VLKA_Tanngnjostr - Master Peltast, lvl 16 Blacksmith
VLKA_Tanngrisnir - Marauder, lvl 19 Armorsmith
VLKA_Victim - Warden, lvl 37 Arrow Magnet
if you have the money handy for a spare harddisk, I would run a test it after you have applied a backup of that current hard disk.

That way the hard drive will be under pressure to identify if the component is on the verge of failure or it's just an error that has cropped up.
HDtune is a well none one, go onto a PC utility site and they will have some tools you can use.
Lenovo g560 which has been working for 2-3 years. I have money for a new hard drive so I'll just be installing a new one in as the old hard drive died. Now to fix my god damn other laptop from crashing at the start of warband.
(22-10-2013, 12:03 AM)Renji link Wrote:Lenovo g560 which has been working for 2-3 years. I have money for a new hard drive so I'll just be installing a new one in as the old hard drive died. Now to fix my god damn other laptop from crashing at the start of warband.

3 years is a decent life span for a laptop thats used for gaming (unless I just have the worst luck with anything remotely technical). Why don't you just save up for a desktop? (stahp buying ur guns) Remember to install windows 7, don't need none of that windows 8 bullshit.
Desktops ftw!  8)