Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Sprint option
Considering that the houses are slaughtered to be made as garlic sausages for the fat bastard Swadian generals, I was thinking that a sprint function would be handy right now.

Calvary was once used to easily kite enemies to be easily pelted by our own archers and infantry. However, since Calvary has been removed for the game, some players find it difficult to use kiting tactics against the horde. A sprint option should be available to the players to use effective hit-and-run techniques against the horde.

To offset the balance between armour protection and mobility, the speed and duration of the sprint would determine how heavy the character's body armour is. If the player wears light armour, he would be able to sprint faster and a longer duration, which allows an advantage to less armoured players and an incentive to don those old light armours you have been keeping for so long.

Not all is dandy with sprinting as the potential abuse of its own. Thus, a limiation should be set, a movement slowdown after a sprint duration would allow the player to strategize his sprinting ability, rather than endlessly spamming his sprint, it should be used when he needs to reach a safe point. A considerable cooldown of 30 seconds would mean the player has to conserve its use at the right moments.
[Image: 2n6u4ux.png]
For the Honour of the Fallen Swadians.
Would be quite cool if possible.
Well, you already sprint once you have started running straight for a couple of seconds. But it would be great to be able to start sprinting when standing, using stamina or something.
i personally don't see the point. It would just replace the annoyance of cav and put it into archers, even more than it is now. Archers are already faster than a lot of nords, imagine if they could sprint as well. They would be, if done correctly, pretty much unkillable. unless the player loses stamina and is forced to walk/jog quite slowly.
Anyone else wish that they could play from the nords perspective?
(06-04-2012, 04:29 AM)Aventori link Wrote: i personally don't see the point. It would just replace the annoyance of cav and put it into archers, even more than it is now. Archers are already faster than a lot of nords, imagine if they could sprint as well. They would be, if done correctly, pretty much unkillable. unless the player loses stamina and is forced to walk/jog quite slowly.

(05-04-2012, 08:48 PM)Johao link Wrote: a movement slowdown after a sprint duration would allow the player to strategize his sprinting ability, rather than endlessly spamming his sprint

That's what I've said.

It offers a more tactical use to players if sprinting would slow the player down for awhile after the duration has ended, so the players can be easily caught by the enemy once the slowdown effect kicks in, which would allow the team to strategize with their sprint ability, covering the fleeing player as he sprints towards his comrades.

If this drawback isn't sufficent enough, the player has to sheath his weapon in order to use the sprint ability, but that's to be desired if it can be easily implemented.
[Image: 2n6u4ux.png]
For the Honour of the Fallen Swadians.
My mistake, after seeing so many suggestions that are "broken" i've gotten used to not reading them all. Depending on how fast he will be going when sprinting, this might be kind of cool.
Anyone else wish that they could play from the nords perspective?
If done, let it also take Athletics into account.
  *EDIT*^
Don't say ANYTHING.
What, do you expect a speech?
Quote:It would just replace the annoyance of cav and put it into archers, even more than it is now.

Naked pikemen with 2-3 bags of cursed stones. What a bore. *continues waiting for 0.4.1 to respec back to commando*
The Nords are coming; we are waiting.
--------------Vlka Fenryka<----------------
You can always respec now.
[align=center][Image: birdtalon.png]
Lend me 125k? Heheheh ;D
Nah I am waiting for respec because I assume it will fix the paper armor and <200 weapon skill Tongue I don't want to be a god, I just want to swing fast enough to get a hit in instead of blocking while sniper/sharpshooter/pike-throwing weps take everyone out (I exaggerate of course, but this is what it has felt like since the patch.)
It's not me kiting as a pike, I just thought I should point out that it's happening because sitting there dead watching someone use this tactic, takes longer and is a lot less entertaining than cav or even archer kiting, that's the bore and respeccing sooner won't fix it Wink
Though I suppose usually being last to go down as commando, it kinda would... Ohwell need money first haha spent a bunch on all new pike gear while my 300k striped armor sits there looking pretty. Was worth it to try pikeman though, it is quite a bit of fun Big Grin
The Nords are coming; we are waiting.
--------------Vlka Fenryka<----------------