Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Engineer and FirstAid Professions
(30-11-2011, 04:29 PM)Johao link Wrote: [quote author=Roran link=topic=180.msg1340#msg1340 date=1322662632]
I'd rather not have a medic, since that didn't exist in medieval, but a surgeon.

Engineer&surgeon are 2 new primary proffesions.

Engineer:
While building you are interrupted by damage or a bot running into you. Building "sturdy" things take the longest time, "tents" the average, and "large" things take the least amount of time. To build something you need resources. Primarily wood for "sturdy" and "large" barricades, and "cloth" for tents.
Ability to repair fences, barricades and tents.
Builds barricades (spikes, fences)
Builds covers (deployed shields, deployed siege shields)
Builds healing tent (heals twice or 3/4th of the speed as a cooking pot)
Builds weapon depot (Refills ammo twice or 3/4th as fast as normal ammo refill. Also heals shields. It's a tent)

All those are destructable. Buildings take more damage depending on type:
Tents: (made for bonusses) will take 2-7 hits.
Sturdy (made to halt enemy troops) will take a lot of damage.
Large (made to provide cover against ranged fire) will take lots of piercing damage, but 3-15 hits against cut or blunt damage.

Surgeon:
Ability to see other player's health.
"Ressurects" downed players with low hp and very slowly. You are interrupted by damage, or a bot running into you.
The hp the ressurected person increases and the time needed to ressurect decreases with higher skill.
Creates professional/sterile bandages (consumable that you can use to heal yourself or others. Refills more health with higher tier bandage. Best bandage heals about 90%)
Poison (Shared with alchemist. Your cutting/piercing weapons do extra damage. Apply on webpage. Blunt weapons cannot be poisoned)

and secondary skills:

First aid:
Creates quick bandages/bandages (consumable that you can use to heal yourself or others. Refills more health with higher tier bandage. Best bandage heals about 50%)

I see I have competition in the advisory section *wrangles fists*  Smile
Yarr Wink

But I can see you do have some great detailed ideas on the engineer and surgeon class.

About Engineer:

I think repairing items isnt an option, since alot of coding has to be implemented to even barely make it work, so maybe it might be of use in the long term.
agreed.

Deploying covers should be on the engineer, there seem to be an overflow of deploy shields nowadays.

There has to be a build limit on all these stuffs.(1 for all, 2 for defense barricades), so the engineer is not that overpowering. To the disadvantage, he does not get new armour or advance to the third class(but that can be discussed later on). I meant engineer not as a class, but as a proffesion. But your idea sounds good aswell. I agree on the limit, but the barricades shouldn't be that limited. I see 1 group of spikes blocking exactly the width of a door in the native MP map in which you have the harbour with boats etc.. (forgot name)

I disagree with the object strength that you stated. The enemy horde is difficult, but not overpowering to heavily rely on engineers. Have destructible tents in 2 hits, sturdy barricades in 5-6 hits, and no large barricades to balance the engineer class. "Large" barricades are siege shields (those big wooden shields with a small opening in it), deployable shields, primarily made to block ranged fire.

Refill depots should be 3/4 the speed to refill the player ammo/health since a surplus of these refill areas would mean that players dont have to share.
Perhaps make them 3/4th of the speed but have several different components, so multiple players can heal with one tent or refill with one tent. (see a catapult in cRPG, where you have weels, a handle to fire, a handle to reload, a handle to change direction, ....

Surgeon:
Player's health, it works on some single-player mods, but I'm not sure if it works in multiplayer.

Resurrection is almost an impossible process. The player actually disappears when killed, and coding the resuurection skill would take ages for the NI team.
Okay, I expected that actually, but it as worth trying Wink

I remember throwable first-aid kits from China battlefield mod with an AOE healing effect. If possible, make first aid-kits without an AOE to immediately heal onto the targeted player and an AOE medkit for group healing. Healing power should be scarce enough to balance out health refills back in base but useful enough to survive another attack.

First aid-kits without AOE can be in packs of 3 per slot, healing 8 hp

First aid-kits with AOE can be in a big pack only, healing 20 hp in a small radius for 6 seconds.

Sounds ok, but I never played it, dunno what you mean, but sounds ok Tongue
[/quote]
(30-11-2011, 04:29 PM)Johao link Wrote: I remember throwable first-aid kits from China battlefield mod with an AOE healing effect. If possible, make first aid-kits without an AOE to immediately heal onto the targeted player and an AOE medkit for group healing. Healing power should be scarce enough to balance out health refills back in base but useful enough to survive another attack.

First aid-kits with AOE can be in a big pack only, healing 20 hp in a small radius for 6 seconds.
China battlefield, good times Big Grin, but i don't think these healing things would fit in here Sad
Well maybe instead of having players die, we can put them in some sort of stasis when they get down to 1hp. Then a surgeon can come over and revive them (unless the respawn wave already passed)
I was the first Horse-Archer you know?
(30-11-2011, 11:27 PM)Melvarius link Wrote: Well maybe instead of having players die, we can put them in some sort of stasis when they get down to 1hp. Then a surgeon can come over and revive them (unless the respawn wave already passed)

I actually have a theory of how player revival could be done in game ... it is only a theory though and would probably require a fair amount of coding, but it is on my radar Smile

Of course theres also the cheap way, have a secondary shrine that people can pray at which revives a random player Smile
(30-11-2011, 11:31 PM)Jez link Wrote: [quote author=Melvarius link=topic=180.msg1383#msg1383 date=1322695667]
Well maybe instead of having players die, we can put them in some sort of stasis when they get down to 1hp. Then a surgeon can come over and revive them (unless the respawn wave already passed)

I actually have a theory of how player revival could be done in game ... it is only a theory though and would probably require a fair amount of coding, but it is on my radar Smile

Of course theres also the cheap way, have a secondary shrine that people can pray at which revives a random player Smile
[/quote]

I'm guessing there is a 250 gold catch for reviving someone....

(30-11-2011, 07:36 PM)Golradir link Wrote: [quote author=Johao link=topic=180.msg1352#msg1352 date=1322670548]

I remember throwable first-aid kits from China battlefield mod with an AOE healing effect. If possible, make first aid-kits without an AOE to immediately heal onto the targeted player and an AOE medkit for group healing. Healing power should be scarce enough to balance out health refills back in base but useful enough to survive another attack.

China battlefield, good times Big Grin, but i don't think these healing things would fit in here Sad
[/quote]

I have a much better idea though. Remember the Persistant World Doctor profession? They actually use these 'doctor knifes'(basically a dagger with 'healing' attack properties) to heal any horse or player. While this might be a more viable approach ro realism, it's an unlimited 'weapon' and its rather quite difficult to heal heavy armour players(due to it's low attack-heal damage)

On the record about engineers, I think there should be three types of barricades, the already dependable deploable shield, the fence barricade that has a wide length but no archer cover and can withstand about 9 hits, and the siege shield should withstand about 7 hits. The fence barricade and siege shield should not be immediately deployed once thrown, but have to be built(in this case, hold F for a short while) to set up the defense.

The servers should have a build limit for these barricades (perhaps a maximum of 8 ). Three full engineers should be sufficent enough for a full improvised defense site.

I also have another defensive idea for the engineer(or another profession so not to make the engineer the limelight). Explosives or fire bombs(in forms of large barrels) can be placed on the ground and be destroyed, setting off explosions/fire in a small radius, killing anyone in the vicinity, even players themselves. Archers (or a suicidal melee) can destroy the barrel when the enemy gets close.
[Image: 2n6u4ux.png]
For the Honour of the Fallen Swadians.