Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Base Defenses and Utilities
jez and his team has done a great job implementing the new enemy waves in V0.26, the horde is actually a threat now to the players and there is some teamwork and tactics being used to defeat the enemy hordes. However, the home base is not Utilized well, in my opinion, with only health and ammunition refills, and the vast open space (except for the mountain pass) would mean that players are exposed to enemy calvary and archer fire.

The Swadian Village and Beach assault maps proved to be a disadvantage for players on foot with the lack of cover. Setting up temporary defences should balance out the insanity of charging calvary or arrow fire. The deployable shields are extremely useful and a right step towards basic defence, but more variety of defensive options would keep things more interesting for base defense.

1. Building barricades for the beach assault map: Whilst there is an ongoing discussion for engineers being able to deploy portable barricades, I feel that there should at least be some buildable defenses that players can plan ahead and spend some time (pressing F just like the refills  ) preparing these barricades. One or two destructible "fence barricades" should at least give the players something to consider defending in the base.

2. Stones(Blatant rip-off from full invasion  ;D): Stones are only handy for one thing, killing peasents. Infantry that lack some sort of ranged attack could at least rely on these stones to at least assist in the team in taking out some enemies before closing in. Searching for stones should be faster than the refills, but only a few (3 or 5) can be scavanged.

3. Repair shields: Now I'm confused why isnt this implemented. If players have a good shield and its already worn down by several assaults, they should either get an enemy replacement(risky at times) or fight without it(suicidal against ranged hordes) or repair back in base. Shield 'refills' should be slightly faster than the other refills.

4. Anti-infantry Siege Equipment(Perhaps I'm going overboard with this one):Having a fire ballista or catapult could be an interesting change. A player can spend a considerable amount of time to load the siege weapon(which makes the player defenseless) before firing it at a fixed position. A blackened spot would be the place where the projectile would be fired, causing a small area effect when it hits onto that spot, capable of killing bunched enemies. Although there might be FF issues on this one.

[Image: 2n6u4ux.png]
For the Honour of the Fallen Swadians.
(30-11-2011, 12:52 PM)Johao link Wrote: 4. Anti-infantry Siege Equipment(Perhaps I'm going overboard with this one):Having a fire ballista or catapult could be an interesting change. A player can spend a considerable amount of time to load the siege weapon(which makes the player defenseless) before firing it at a fixed position. A blackened spot would be the place where the projectile would be fired, causing a small area effect when it hits onto that spot, capable of killing bunched enemies. Although there might be FF issues on this one.

Like a grenade from Fire and Sword?
THIS IS A SIGNATURE
I wanna be able to buy my own bots which gives me all the exp and gold they get.

Would be pretty cool, but hard to make Smile

Edit: Grammer fix Wink
http://forum.nordinvasion.com/index.php?...180.0.html

I've posted some of your ideas (the ones that are good imho) for an engineer class
(30-11-2011, 03:00 PM)apsod link Wrote: I wanna be able to buy my own bots crossbowman which gives me all the exp and gold he gets for kills Big Grin

Would be pretty cool, but hard to make Smile

Now that.. gives me another idea.

But I'll save that for later, too many ideas that the NI team has to look into.  :-*

(30-11-2011, 02:15 PM)jaaash link Wrote: [quote author=Johao link=topic=184.msg1328#msg1328 date=1322657529]
4. Anti-infantry Siege Equipment(Perhaps I'm going overboard with this one):Having a fire ballista or catapult could be an interesting change. A player can spend a considerable amount of time to load the siege weapon(which makes the player defenseless) before firing it at a fixed position. A blackened spot would be the place where the projectile would be fired, causing a small area effect when it hits onto that spot, capable of killing bunched enemies. Although there might be FF issues on this one.

Like a grenade from Fire and Sword?
[/quote]

More... of the cannon in F&S, but its fixed so it can only fire in one spot, teamwork would be needed to herd those horde into the fire radius. Of course the radius should be small enough to take out 3 or 4 enemies at once and taxing enough that loading a projectile takes you some time out of combat to balance it out.
[Image: 2n6u4ux.png]
For the Honour of the Fallen Swadians.
Sadly, Jez really wants the shield refills to stay within the shrine Sad
I was the first Horse-Archer you know?