Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Top tier pikeman armour
I know about 1 legendary and 4 house crafted pikeman chest armours. Now as far as Eastern Full Scale has impressive stats and looks great all house crafted armours (except of gold lamellar armor which is usable only by marouder) look bad. When i saw fulcrum for the very first time i thought it was some kind of low tier armoursmith craftable and that someone is running around with sarissa and VHTA but in shitty armour. Eastern scale is just ugly, like its model was unfinished. Chainmall over leather looks ok (barely ok), but is better than heavy plated only by 2 points and only on chest segment, while is crafting cost is high. My chances of looting full scale are close to none and i don't want to craft something that i can't stand looking at.
So my question is: are there any other top tier pikeman armours that i don't know about?
Personally I like the look of the Eastern Scale very much...and If I could afford it, I would craft it Tongue
LosT_Daenerys -Master Peltast
LosT_Khaleesi  -Royal Guard

Loots: /
Hm, got two possible solutions for you:

1. Just get one of those "ugly" armors and exchange the model with one that you like better. (e.g. Fulcrum looks like Halfplate on your screen.)

2. Make a better looking model and submit it to the mod. Wink
Eastern Scale looks very hmm gloomy? like its texture was in very low resolution. Maybe you have any screenshots where it looks better than in house crafting topic?

1. Just get one of those "ugly" armors and exchange the model with one that you like better. (e.g. Fulcrum looks like Halfplate on your screen.)

In reverse order: 2. sadly i have no idea about modeling 1. This sounds like a solution! How would i do such thing?
(27-11-2013, 06:22 PM)Usain_Bolt link Wrote: Eastern Scale looks very hmm gloomy? like its texture was in very low resolution. Maybe you have any screenshots where it looks better than in house crafting topic?

In reverse order: 2. sadly i have no idea about modeling 1. This sounds like a solution! How would i do such thing?

1. Open up your Warband directory (steam/steamapps/common/warband), and open modules, and then NordInvasion.
2. Open the file called "item_kinds1.txt" in Notepad or something.
3. Look up the armor you want to fix by using Ctrl + F.
4. When you find your item, it will look something like this:
Quote: itm_ao_vai_1 Eastern_Robes_over_Lamellar Eastern_Robes_over_Lamellar 1 ao_vai_1 0  16842765 0 6553 704643236 7.000000 100 0 35 15 9 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
5. The underlined part is the name of the model, this is the one you'll want to replace.
6. Now, look up the name of the item you want to replace it with, and copy the italic bit, such as:
Quote: itm_swadian_halfplate Swadian_Halfplate Swadian_Halfplate 1  swadianhalfplate 0  16777229 0 532 704643236 32.000000 100 0 72 32 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
7. Paste it over the underlined bit in the armor you want to replace, and be careful not to change anything else.

That should replace the model for the item.
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
Thx Maroon i'll try that out Smile