Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Hybrid
I'd like to know what the best build would be to hit hard with the crossbow and still be able to use 2h swords.
  • Are ranks 2 & 3 worth it? Do crossbows of that rank crush through shields easily?
  • If you are a Sharpshooter and Heavy Infantry (for example), what are the best melee weapons you can wield? Can you use legendary weapons (like the Ancient Great Sword)?
  • What are the stats of the best armours?
  • Balanced hybrid build?
As Sharpshooter/Heavy Infantry I think the best weapon you can get is the Two Handed Sword. AFAIK legendaries are for Sergeant and up.
(09-04-2012, 03:22 PM)Patoson link Wrote:
  • Are ranks 2 & 3 worth it? Do crossbows of that rank crush through shields easily?

As a Sharpshooter you can crush through the shields of the fist few waves of normal mode, but then you need 3 shots with a siege crossbow... Which is not worth it since you can 1-hit those with your sword or shoot in their head or under the shield...
You can headshot them through their shield due to penetration all the way to huscarls and then your chance is lower. You just have to know where to aim Wink
Give a man a fish, and you have fed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will continue fishing even if you give him a fish.
- Fingus
Can you use the Claymore as Heavy Infantry? And another thing: do legendary crossbows deal a lot more damage than the regular ones?
(09-04-2012, 03:22 PM)Patoson link Wrote: I'd like to know what the best build would be to hit hard with the crossbow and still be able to use 2h swords.
  • If you are a Sharpshooter and Heavy Infantry (for example), what are the best melee weapons you can wield? Can you use legendary weapons (like the Ancient Great Sword)?
  • What are the stats of the best armours?
  • Balanced hybrid build?

You could go Man-at-arms(Tier 3 Xbow) + Sergeant (tier 3 infantry) + militia(tier 1 skirmisher). That would result in high athletics, high powerstrike, medium-high ironflesh, good armor(Not the best ones, but good) - And decent weapons. Pretty decent weapon proficiencies aswell, although not as much polearm and throwing as the one below, dunno about 1h/2h - Crossbows are higher in this one, though. Dunno if youi can use AGS, but i think you can use eastern katana, and dreaded war pick.

Another viable hybrid would be

Skirmisher tier 3(Heavy skirmisher) , sergeant, and crossbowman . That would result in high powerstrike ( think it was 7 or 8.. ) 10 or 9 athletics( I think it was 10), high throwing/onehanded/polearm/twohanded skill, (140-160 on all of em), medium high IF(cant remember exact) and decent armor and weapons. Although, you would not be able to wield the best Skirmisher weapons - again, dunno bout AGS.
[size=1pt]
MeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstext
MeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstext
Dreaded Warpick and Eastern Katana are both T4 only.

(09-04-2012, 08:03 PM)Huscarlton_Banks link Wrote: Dreaded Warpick and Eastern Katana are both T4 only.

Ah, well, changed in 4.0 i guess. Dreaded war pick, atleast, was usable by heavy infantry back then, no?

Oh well. Would love to see some hybrid weapons though, as i've seen some devs say, they wanna encourage hybridizing.
[size=1pt]
MeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstext
MeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstext