Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Huscarl Shield
Since the 0.4.0 patch, I have noticed that a lot of people, including me are missing the Huscarl shield. That thing is just a beauty. I understand that the devs are trying to stop players looking like Nords and more like Swadians, which is fair enough, I agree with that.

However, in every single conflict there has always been spoils of war, and what I am proposing is that the Huscarl shield should be a spoils of war drop from Troopers and Huscarls exclusively (and Hard Mode equivalent). I don't think it's unreasonable to have one Nordic item drop, especially since it's the best looking shield in the game (in my opinion).

What do you guys think?
Dogs of War's Alpha Male.
Agreed.
ok, let devs make huscarl shields as a drop from Odin.
"Deer": i want to go to sleep, but i might wake up and not have a house anymore
"Deer": and CC would have grown
"Deer": i wish people would pay me to do things i dont know how to do
It's no more silly than Warlords dropping an axe made of volcanic rock.
Captain_Stoogey
It's not silly at all. At least the Huscarl shield is relevant to the mod. The Obsidian Axe was stupidly irrelevant.
In my opinion, i think the removal of nordic armor for us is stupid Smile
I believe the reasoning is to keep bot items separate from player items so that balancing is easier to accomplish. If the items we are able to use are the same as bot items, the devs wouldn't be able to change one without changing another. I am rather fond of the shield myself, but it's for the greater good.
ba da bing ba da BAN! -Hypernoma
(08-04-2012, 12:33 AM)clickeverywhere link Wrote: I believe the reasoning is to keep bot items separate from player items so that balancing is easier to accomplish. If the items we are able to use are the same as bot items, the devs wouldn't be able to change one without changing another. I am rather fond of the shield myself, but it's for the greater good.

Well now that you've put it that way, that actually makes a great deal of sense. Didn't think of it like that.
They can also create 2 items with the same mesh.  Wink
(08-04-2012, 05:12 AM)bobthehero link Wrote: They can also create 2 items with the same mesh.  Wink

they could but mnb has a limited amount of items that can be used at any time and personally id rather have that space used for something other than an identical shield with different stats
PEW PEW!!!! PEW PEW PEW!!!!!!!
PK_Wolfsblood: Prince kills 2 , thor kills 1
PK_Wolfsfang: thor kills 1
PK_Wolfsclaw: prince kills 2, Thor kills 1, odin kills 1
PK_Wolfman: prince kills 1