Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Voulgue - Shortened Voulgue
Hello,

Since The Shortened Voulgue got a damage value of 45, why does the voulgue got one of 40?

i mean if the shaft is longer it should also have more damage

My request is, that you change those both dmg values
They are almost the same in price. Voulge is longer, so it's easier for you to keep your distance from bots, but you trade damage for the safety. Shortened voulge is significantly shorter, thus more risky to use against bots and that's why it does more damage.
There is no need for a change.
The longer a weapon is, the slower you will swing with it, thus you deal less damage. At least that's how I see it.
(08-04-2012, 05:40 PM)Patoson link Wrote: The longer a weapon is, the slower you will swing with it, thus you deal less damage. At least that's how I see it.
In some cases perhaps, but also think the principle of leverage; the longer the lever the greater the output force.
Give a man a fish, and you have fed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will continue fishing even if you give him a fish.
- Fingus
(08-04-2012, 05:40 PM)Patoson link Wrote: The longer a weapon is, the slower you will swing with it, thus you deal less damage. At least that's how I see it.

Yes, but that's dealt with by the speed bonus and swing mechanics. Any weapon doesn't deal as much damage as if getting it up to speed, in short mentioning weapon length only deals with how long and arduous it takes to gain momentum in the weapon, which is again, already included in the swing mechanics. The damage stat that is associated with weaponry is I think more closely linked to the peak momentum and the damage that the weapon can inflict.

A long weapon will likely be heavier, but taking into consideration the momentum that it gains once it has reach the same killing radian of the arc it's going to deliver much more power than a shorter weapon.
#20108       SK_Iron_Marauder ;  Previously SK_Iron, SK_Ironhill, SB_Ironhill, Swadius_of_Ironhills
#2462148    SK_Mica ; Previously Fat_and_Ugly
#2441007    SK_Royal_Guard_Gneiss ; Previously SK_Herr_Gneiss_Preasts
#2451456    SK_Hardy_Meat_Piston
#2432942    Raicho
#2514714    Ric_Flair

and also the centrifugal force is higher Smile
Voulge should have higher damage in trade for its speed , instead of just having reach. The reach or length of weapon is in balance itself . Forexample , in close quarters , the voulge cannot hit an enemy due to the walls , rather a voulge can be more effective. On the other hand however , the voulge in an open-spaced map could be more useful than a shortened voulge. - The length itself is in balance , so there isn't a need to take away damage , or rather not increase it.