Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Damage type comparison (under construction)
I've done another set of tests, with same parameters as previous ones, except with armor value of 72. This armor value was chosen because stronger hard bots and most bots in ragnarok have armor values similiar to it, or in ragnarok case, well over it.

Test 1
Goal: Damage with speed bonus using normal stab
Weapon used: Thunder Pike
Results: Thunder Pike
Average damage: 107
Average speed bonus: 61,47%
Comment: All were normal stabs into the body.

Test 2
Goal: Difference  between similiar cutting and blunt damage
Weapons used: Mjollnir, Volundr Great Sword
Results: Mjollnir Volundr Great Sword
Average damage: 78,19 Average Damage: 55,2
Comment: All hits were overheads to the body.

Test 3
Goal: Same as Test 1, except using overhead stab
Weapons used: Thunder Pike
Results: Thunder Pike
Average damage: 54,4
Average speed bonus: -17,3
Comment: All hits were overhead stabs into the body (moving into the stab for maximizing speed bonus)

In Test 1 damage values are a bit inflated due to me often getting insane speed bonuses, for some reason (going well into 80%). Realistically, average damage with good speed bonus should fall somewhere around 80-90.
Test 2 shows that, as expected, at 72 armor blunt damage preforms significantly better than cutting (around 41,5% larger damage). Speed bonus isn't written for that test since it's barely noticable (<5%).
Test 3 was a bit surprising, since it shows that overhead stab uses overhead slash damage calculations. Moving into the overhead stab results in negative speed bonuses, only way I was able to produce positive speed bonuses was forcing target to be hit by withdrawing part of animation (while moving towards target). So, if you're using overhead stab, rather stay still (moving backwards while using it also seems to decrease the speed bonus penalty).

Comparing Test 1 and Test 2, it's rather easy to see that cutting damage effectivness falls off at armor values this high, however, using speed bonus with relatively low damage weapon seems to outpreform even high blunt damage. Ofcourse, if we take into consideration that stabbing with speed bonus requires special spots, blocked stabs get you stunned, how easy it is to get chambered (which will also stun you) and general stab awkwardness, in practice it's hard to preform as good.

Note that this values only work at precisely this base damages and armor values.

Anyone who wants to see data which was used in this or has any data to give, feel free to PM me.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Damage type comparison (under construction) - by oposum - 23-12-2013, 10:45 AM
Re: Damage type comparison (under construction) - by madjsoh - 23-12-2013, 12:24 PM