Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

[Submission] Map: Deserted Trade Route
I know it hasn't been long since my last map, but it was for practice. This one is much less glitchy and more open, and I was just too excited to make another.

Anyway, here is the story:
Once, before the war, Swadia had a bustling economy. Trade routes from Praven to Suno, Suno to Dhirim etcetera etcetera  flourished. When the Nords came knocking, the economy halted and trade routes were left untouched. You hear stories of traveling soldiers getting ambushed while traveling to and from battlefields on these roads, and now it's happening to you! Will you be able to defend the road on all sides? Will you get lost among the trees?
(Cheesy story over)

Here are some Screenshots!(Outdated, look through thread for more up-to-date pictures.)
Nords spawn on both sides of the road, among the trees. Players spawn at the log castle walls

The Code:
Code:
scn_ni_maptest7 ni_maptest7 256 none none 0.000000 0.000000 100.000000 100.000000 -100.000000 0x00000001300389800003a4ea000058340000637a0000399b
outer_terrain_plain
Up to date as of December 23, 2013.

I appreciate any feedback, even if it's telling me to stop making maps.  Wink

(NOTE:I may change things as I am never 100% happy with the final product.)
Now this looks fancy
(22-12-2013, 03:50 AM)Sir Spacey link Wrote: Now this looks fancy
Well thank you Smile
I literally have no experience with map making, but a little idea:

You should add like a broken cart on the side of the road, to show that the roads are unsafe and nords are roaming about

Maybe a little tent camp with a small campfire in the middle with a pig cooking on a spit. This could represent the brigands and bandits camping in the forest and preying on simple travelers
Nice idea.

What i think should be changed:

You need more decoration, like spacey said.
The players spawn is too easy to defend. Also you can just tome all the players in your safe camp during the waves...
And maybe add some traps between those trees, built by the bandits too catch the merchants.
You both have some very good ideas. I will try to add as many as I can, and the player spawn only has a shrine, you have to leave to get health and ammo. It's not very easy to defend. I will make it harder if you would like  ;D
I added a bandit encampment, that kills you once you enter the area of the huts. Made the forest more vibrant, and added an extra crashed cart with goods on it.

Screenshots:
will be updating the code shortly
Im working on adding a stream or river, but it's kind of ugly. There is a first time for everything Tongue.
The river is finished, the "cabin" is now an actual cabin, and nords can be sneaky Wink
The cabin.
A view of the map from the ammo station
Isn't river a little... optimistic? It's more of a stream. Tongue
Anyways, looking good, well done.
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."