Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Poll: Was this guide useful?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes.
55.56%
20 55.56%
Slightly.
25.00%
9 25.00%
No.
2.78%
1 2.78%
Plague us not with your vile scribblings, cretin!
16.67%
6 16.67%
Total 36 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Infantry Guide [Updated January 30, 2012]
FOREWORD
Please refer to Marcoux's guide for information regarding class progression: http://forum.nordinvasion.com/index.php?...469.0.html

TACTICS
The most important thing for full infantry players to do is to learn how to form a shield line. You can be horrible at Mount and Blade, have no skills at blocking or attacking, and still be a benefit to your team! Shield lines are effective because having shields on both sides of you makes it so that enemies can only effectively hit you with overheads or thrusts. Since you know this, but bot's don't, you can abuse it by spamming overheads. Here are the rules to making an effective shield line.
1. Don't be an idiot -- keep your shield up if all the bots seem to have decided they want you dead. Allow your allies to take the heat off you by killing the enemies. You won't get many kills, but at least you'll be alive (and will probably earn a load of assist XP).
2. Do not run out of position. Don't go left. Don't go right. Moving in a direction other than forwards or backwards will only serve to make your allies friendly fire themselves, which means fewer kills per second, which in turn means you accrue more damage on your shield.
3. Pick up dropped shields if yours is losing its quality. You'll find plenty of huscarls shields later on anyway.
4. Medics are also very good at maintaining shield lines with heals so help some friends (perhaps archers) get their medic boxes, or become a medic yourself (though you currently cannot heal yourself).
5. If you notice all the bots converging on one side of the shield line, move in a way that angles you to be closer to the enemy, but still capable of preventing leaks. If you move together with the shield line, it will become a curve.
6. Sometimes, it's a better idea to advance, especially against enemies with long two-handed weapons (e.g. berserkers, zweihanders). The reason for this is that their attacks do little or no damage if they are unable to execute a full swing, thus saving both shield health and possibly your life. It isn't guaranteed that you will live, but you may decrease casualties. Block swings for allies so that they may kill the enemy. Walls also block swings.
7. You can have dedicated attackers standing between and slightly behind two people who are forming the shield line. Shielders just need to hold their shields up while that person spams overheads with a weapon that has crushthrough or long reach. This is the best way to utilize a shield line.

Feinting
Feinting is a very important skill to have as infantry. Feinting involves a fake attack followed by a real attack. Since we're facing bots you don't even have to feint in one direction and then attack in an opposite direction. 60% of the time, it works every time.
3 Step Guide to feinting:
1. Swing.
2. Before your swing hits anything, block.
3. Swing again.
Why this works: Bots will drop their guard and try to attack you because they attack after they block, but their attack will not come as fast as yours (generally).

GENERAL TIPS

CLASS PROGRESSION

Refer to the infantry class progression chart created by Marcoux.
http://forum.nordinvasion.com/index.php?...469.0.html

Also, I would like to ask our fellow infantry players to help fill out Helvictus' weapon and armor progression. http://forum.nordinvasion.com/index.php?...502.0.html

EQUIPMENT

SUMMARY
ba da bing ba da BAN! -Hypernoma
A very well made guide to aid the Infantry players, although it could use some touching up around the edges, apart from that I have nothing more to say. Great job and keep up the good work.  8)
[align=center][Image: 2n6u4ux.png]
Thanks Logics  Big Grin If there are any important pieces of advice you guys feel I have missed, please comment! I'd like to improve this guide as much as possible and help the NordInvasion community. I myself am quite new to Warband and I'm sure there are those who are more experienced than I am. There is definitely room for improvement. So far, I have only been using long range cutting weapons so if anybody has any information regarding other play styles, feel free to contribute.

Also, I'd like to request some info from other players about the WPF and skill levels for recruit, infantry, and heavy infantry, so I can put those down as well (though if there is a wiki for that, it'd probably be better suited for the purpose).
It is a good guide, but it's basically still the same that has been stickied in Warband section in Taleworlds for ages. Just logical thinking and you don't need any guides whatsoever.
What I would do, is to list out the specifics of weapon and armour usage and how each of them help against the Full Invasion bots.

Give each details using which recommended weapons and how to defeat them.

Hope this helps you in expending your guide.

THen again, I could be encouraging competition for writing nerd guides*wrangles fists like a dork*.  Big Grin
[Image: 2n6u4ux.png]
For the Honour of the Fallen Swadians.
I think the stats are incorrect? The stats you see on your page are your total skills, the sergeant only adds it up. I don't know the exact stats so i might be wrong.
Good guide! Keep up the good work. If I ever gain a ton of levels I'll tell you the next melee stats.
THIS IS A SIGNATURE
Nicely done, espiecially mentioning cavalry's task on the battleifed: aggro'ing the mob, so infantry and archers can pick off stragglers and take strong defensive positions and then herd the mob into your allies trap.

Then go rampage on everything dead or alive with the name "bot".

Cavalry should always target enemies in this order:
Cavalry-archers-infantry-pikemen
Infantry like this:
Pikemen-infantry-archers-cavalry( or cavalry first if there is too much cav for the cav to handle)
And archers as following:
cavalry-archers-pikemen-infantry (since those carry shields)
Idd, I usually go for cav since they attack me, and then I go for the archers, because I really despise 'm  Tongue
Thanks for the responses, guys. A lot of this information was gleaned from instructional posts on the taleworlds forums and a lot of it is common sense, once you play the game a bit more. This is to help supplement the learning process and hopefully people will improve more quickly.

Polobow, I'll add the actual increases you get from upgrading if someone can post information on pure heavy infantry and pure infantry stats. Unfortunately, we don't seem to have many forum users.

Roran, thanks for the targeting order, I've added the infantry part to the guide (though maybe I should just put the whole thing there, as it's pretty useful to know).

Golradir, you make a good point -- kill the guys who are attacking you Big Grin I think Roran's point was more for assessing the battlefield and knowing who to kill to better benefit the team if there is nobody chasing you. Of course,  it remains important to not get too far out of position chasing baddies.