Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Requesting feedback
I would like to know a bit about the class from your experience. Which polearms are available in the marketplace (pikeman)? What are the stats of the best armour? What's the fastest polearm and what is its speed?

I want to know if respeccing from commando to pikeman is worth it.
Just one opinion, but my respec from trialing pikeman back to commando was the best decision I ever made. VLKA got up to prince wave first round after I got my commando back Wink

I wasn't on it long enough to try any legend or top tier craftables, IMO the normal (not long) Awlpike was the best weapon along with Knightly Heater shield and a bag of cursed stones. Padded Leather was best armor readily available which was horrible for the team cos they kept hitting me thinking I was a Nord Skirmisher (plus it wasn't great armor either..)

Dunno Padded Leather armor stats cos I sold it already, but it was 35 body armor I remember that much.
Respecced now but I believe fastest polearm was Quarter Staff (104 and usable by everyone anyway), Most damaging I think was Great Long Bardiche not sure somewhere between 48 and 52c, but at 88 speed.
Awlpike is 92speed, 165length and 42p thrust damage.
Knightly Heater is 100speed, 19armor, 750hp, 30x50size.

Thats about all the info I can give/remember now I am respecced. To sum up- Stay as commando. Skirm classes are still very new and will probably change a lot over the next few patches so save the gold and see what you think in a few weeks. Hope that helped Smile

The Nords are coming; we are waiting.
--------------Vlka Fenryka<----------------
(09-04-2012, 04:55 PM)zeanomourph link Wrote: Padded Leather was best armor readily available which was horrible for the team cos they kept hitting me thinking I was a Nord Skirmisher (plus it wasn't great armor either..)

Thats not why we hit you Tongue
Did the heavy barricade change classes? I didn't notice in between hollering for him to suicide on spawn waves.  ;D
Main Characters: Lanseril (L.52 Sniper), Grundus (L.52 Pikeman), Eledwyn (L.49 Commando), Rutgard (L.52 Sharpshooter)

Does your house dare to face the Prince? Take Vlka Fenryka's Dominate the Prince! challenge.
It kinda seems like this class is an amalgamation of two very different types of troops, and as such lose a lot of the effectiveness of both because of the compromises needed to merge them and to balance them against the other classes. Skirmishers and pikemen/halberdiers serve very different roles in combat. One is supposed to be involved in the middle of the melee within a formation, while the other has more autonomy and is meant to harass the enemy by the periphery with javelins, slings, and other armor defeating weapons (which could use an accuracy boost, if people can train themselves to aim a bow with precision, I think the same can be applied to people who has trained themselves to throw javelins, axes might be another matter).

What I think is lost here is the agility that skirmishers tend to have, and the supposed heavily armored halberdier not having much in the way of armor unless he or she goes down the infantry line. In fact, I feel as if the halberds would be more at home on the infantry line rather than the skirmisher. It's often the people who have the heaviest armor that can operate these best. That being said, it might work out better if polearms get their own class rather than attaching to another one.
#20108       SK_Iron_Marauder ;  Previously SK_Iron, SK_Ironhill, SB_Ironhill, Swadius_of_Ironhills
#2462148    SK_Mica ; Previously Fat_and_Ugly
#2441007    SK_Royal_Guard_Gneiss ; Previously SK_Herr_Gneiss_Preasts
#2451456    SK_Hardy_Meat_Piston
#2432942    Raicho
#2514714    Ric_Flair

(14-04-2012, 10:59 PM)Swadius link Wrote: It kinda seems like this class is an amalgamation of two very different types of troops, and as such lose a lot of the effectiveness of both because of the compromises needed to merge them and to balance them against the other classes. Skirmishers and pikemen/halberdiers serve very different roles in combat. One is supposed to be involved in the middle of the melee within a formation, while the other has more autonomy and is meant to harass the enemy by the periphery with javelins, slings, and other armor defeating weapons (which could use an accuracy boost, if people can train themselves to aim a bow with precision, I think the same can be applied to people who has trained themselves to throw javelins, axes might be another matter).

What I think is lost here is the agility that skirmishers tend to have, and the supposed heavily armored halberdier not having much in the way of armor unless he or she goes down the infantry line. In fact, I feel as if the halberds would be more at home on the infantry line rather than the skirmisher. It's often the people who have the heaviest armor that can operate these best. That being said, it might work out better if polearms get their own class rather than attaching to another one.

Wow, I agree with that one a lot . As a tier 3 heavy skirmisher , I use the polehammer to slash , really good cause its got this knockdown stat, however , one hit from the zweihander i become like 5% health,in which with accordance to the best armour a t3 skirm has .I see t3 infantry guys tank a lot from those zweis . Also i agree that it is hard to balance such a character , but then there should be a customizable seperation .For example , if you choose to be a halberd-skirmisher , you can wear heavy armour , but there should be accuracy-hindering stats on it , to only allow polearming , rather than precise throwing. On the other hand , if you choose to be a throw-skirmisher , then there should be light to medium armour , which does not have accuracy-downsizing and does not hinder mobility , but does not allow you to go to the frontlines that much.
I don't think we need to implement an accuracy penalty for armor, I think we just need to provide very heavy, yet very effective armor that can be used in conjunction in the middle of a melee like a shield wall. This would negate the advantage of the skirmisher's speed in exchange for some staying power that a halberdier is supposed to have.
#20108       SK_Iron_Marauder ;  Previously SK_Iron, SK_Ironhill, SB_Ironhill, Swadius_of_Ironhills
#2462148    SK_Mica ; Previously Fat_and_Ugly
#2441007    SK_Royal_Guard_Gneiss ; Previously SK_Herr_Gneiss_Preasts
#2451456    SK_Hardy_Meat_Piston
#2432942    Raicho
#2514714    Ric_Flair