Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Scabbard Model Errors
Hello there, quick message here, mostly towards the devs.
I was scrolling through some items earlier today, and I noticed (and some of you probably have also done so) that quite a few of the 'new' items (from 0.5.0, mostly) have scabbards that are a little buggy.
For example, all the "Steel" swords (Steel Bastard Sword, Steel Bastard Crusader's Sword, etc) show a sword still in the scabbard when you draw the weapon, making it look like you have two weapons on you. This is because the scabbard version of the weapons are not animated to have an empty scabbard. A few more examples are the Wulfsbane, Excalibur, Hero's Mercy, Tempered Steel Falchion. All in all, about 15-20 weapons seem to be missing their animated scabbards.

A few other items, like the Elegant Flamberge, do work correctly in that manner, but have some leather strips attached to it, which would connect to the player's belt, but the scabbard is carried on the back, which looks very... odd. If you guys want me to, I can post some screenies, but I can't be arsed to do so right now. Tongue

Thanks!

Maroon
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
Yea I kinda dissappointed when I crafted the Heroes Hope and found out the ingame it doesnt have the scabberd
Hm, just fix it? Takes about 10 minutes max. to fix per sword.
(28-12-2013, 03:12 PM)-Perception- link Wrote: Hm, just fix it? Takes about 10 minutes max. to fix per sword.

I could, but I wanted the devs to know this first, soon as I found out.
Besides, I don't feel like making a different version of every one of these 15-20 swords.

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
Well, the "real_..." ones are pretty easy to fix, the other ones further down the list (illustrious and such) could be quite a pain, since their textures are spread across several materials.
Still, unless I am asked I ll leave this to someone else..
If you're referring to the swords which have the handle, blade, and scabbard separately in OpenBRF, those do seem to work in game (Illustrious didn't have any issues for me at least).
But yea, unless someone asks me (aside from you, ofc), I'll just leave this here. Tongue

Blame Senni.

On another note, if either of you want to do it, I will shower you in love and kisses.
Give a man a fish, and you have fed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will continue fishing even if you give him a fish.
- Fingus
Arrighty, here is the simple version with the fixed scabbards in a separate brf file: Click me.

And, in case you're too busy/lazy to merge the brf files, here is the NI_Senni.brf file with the scabbards fixed. (Knight Helmet and Horned Helmet, the one used by ragnar's wardens, re-textured with warband textures as well, since the current ones are ugly.)

Seems like you owe me a kiss.  :-*
Merging brf files is AWFULLY hard work Wink

:-*
Give a man a fish, and you have fed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will continue fishing even if you give him a fish.
- Fingus
Well, i've had quite a dispute with a certain person once, based on that topic= but it is all deleted and forgotten by now, hopefully.  Tongue

@Maronn
Whats it with the elegant flamberge, youve mentioned that one too? If you spot any other non-working scabs (ive only checked the NI_Senni.brf so far) post here/let me know on steam.