Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Militia
Recently got this rank and noticed the only polearm unlocked is the 'spear', which feels useless as I am outranged by levies and farmers, so I was wondering if the range of this spear could be increased by around 10 to make it where it can barely outrange farmers and possibly levies.

Or possibly just adding a longer 2h-only spear for militia. Right now it feels like all the lower tier skirmishers are using a 1h/shield, which seems rather disappointing we can't even use decent polearms even though we're supposedly the polearm class.

Guess I'ma wait to get flamed now.  :Smile
Auf Blut gebaut
Well, there's always the Military Scythe.

I do think that the Iron staff should be moved to Militia though.

At the moment, it's an Infantry weapon for some reason.

Probably just an oversight.
(10-04-2012, 08:55 PM)Diablo link Wrote: [...][glow=red,2,300] which feels useless as I am outranged by levies and farmers[/glow] [...]

Guess I'ma wait to get flamed now.  :Smile

Its easy to outrange a Chuff with a knife, so dont tell me you couldnt outrange farmers with a spear...
Furthermore its speed makes it awesome, same for iron staff.
Well please enlighten me then because I'm completely unaware how a knife can outrange a bamboo spear.

Well god forbid I want to roleplay as a spearman haha.  Tongue
Auf Blut gebaut
just use thrust alot =/. When i was militia all i used was the regular spear until i made skirmisher and moved on to the war spear. Make sure you charge at the people and ,if you play mm, use the spinning Technic.
Anyone else wish that they could play from the nords perspective?
Not only mm players know the gay spinning technique, and you don't really need it against bots Tongue

I think you have enough when you take Military Scythe and Iron Staff (which I hope was indeed an oversight) into consideration. I myself use the Scythe (buyable for 100 on the AH or craftable) which packs a better punch than the spear.
Well regular spear has 33p for stab, which is what I use, the damage is already I think for a tier 1 rank, it's just rather short (125) polearm so you really have to get fairly close to an AI, and as most early waves seem to have longer weapons.
Auf Blut gebaut