Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

ARCHER - What to do when tier 4?
Hello all,
I'm very nearly level 39, and consequently, nearly tier 4 (Sniper). I'm at a loss as to what to do then?

If you could please offer me help with the following;
- What gear should I buy?
- What should my target be after I've reached level 39?
- When do I 'upgrade' to Ragnarok servers?

Sorry to seem noobish, it's my first "end game" character. So I'm looking for all the tips and insight I can get.

Thanks,
Sharky  Wink
PEWPEWPEW
DJ at  - www.mixcloud.com/retsel/ -
^^^ Lovers of Dubstep, Drum&Bass etc only!
(06-01-2014, 11:10 PM)Sharky link Wrote: - What gear should I buy?
SS bow, Rough Smallring Leather or Bear Set, War Arrows or Bronze Arrows

(06-01-2014, 11:10 PM)Sharky link Wrote: - What should my target be after I've reached level 39?

Leveling untill youre level 50..to bring in a SHC (if youre an engineer)

(06-01-2014, 11:10 PM)Sharky link Wrote: - When do I 'upgrade' to Ragnarok servers?

well..now Wink
LosT_Daenerys -Master Peltast
LosT_Khaleesi  -Royal Guard

Loots: /
To expand upon Tyrion's remarks, there's a couple of things you can do.

1. Gear
The first thing that you're gonna need is a Sharpshooter Bow. Though a War Bow isn't that bad, the SS bow is the first step to getting some potential out of your Sniper.
Soon as you have one of those, aim for War Arrows, as Bronze are pretty darn expensive, and quite a few people bring them in already, so you can easily take one arrow from them.

2. Target
If you haven't done so yet, get your support class up and running. Preferably engineer, as there are a lot more barricades required for a good run than medic boxes. To be a truly efficient engi, though, you're gonna need to get to tier 4, and get a short heavy barricade (about 300k). A SHC might also be a good alternative to buying War Arrows, if you haven't bought those yet at level 50 (level requirement for tier 4 support).

3. Ragnarok
You can move to Ragnarok pretty much from level 39 and on, although it is appreciated if you can bring something worthwhile with you, or at least know what to do when you're in. For a Ragnarok run to be successful, everyone needs to know what he's doing. If half the team's picking his nose, you won't get anywhere. If you don't have anything good to bring in, either see if you can fill an empty space as a shooter, but don't demand it over someone who could do better (AKA a Warden with a Hurricane Bow), and if there is not a slot to fill, pick up some medic boxes and keep healing, or make sure the important stuff (tomes and the like) on the ground doesn't despawn by juggling it. As long as you can do something useful, no one will argue with you not bringing in the best gear available on a Ragnarok server.

Hope that made it a bit more clear for you! Wink
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
(06-01-2014, 11:10 PM)Sharky link Wrote: - What gear should I buy?
Pick a support class. If you're a Medic (or plan to be one), then get Tier 2 (it's only 18k assist xp) and a Medic Box immediately. If you're an Engineer (or plan to be one), then work on Sharpshooter Bow followed by Short Heavy Barricade, Bronze Arrows, Open Trooper Helmet, and Bear armor set.

(06-01-2014, 11:10 PM)Sharky link Wrote: - What should my target be after I've reached level 39?
If you don't already have it, get about 70-71k melee xp to get 30 strength. In preparation for hero, work towards 300k ranged xp. To level more quickly, you can put points into melee xp too (for reference, T4 infantry requires 150k melee xp, and hero requires 300k melee xp). Get level 44 and then 49 or 52, so you can add stats from T1 (and then a second T1 or T2) of a second class to add stats. You can respec (135200 gold for a one-time respec, or donate 5 euros for a free monthly respec) for the class points at 52 if you decide to become hero or go to another class, as you want the stats while you level up and play.

(06-01-2014, 11:10 PM)Sharky link Wrote: - When do I 'upgrade' to Ragnarok servers?
You could now, but as a T4 archer, you won't be very helpful in survivability or damage. You can shoot the shield wall from safety, if you don't know how to peek yet. Do not share windows with other ranged classes, and do not stand behind them while they shoot. In general, just watch what other ranged classes do.

You will help more through your support class. Even if you aren't a medic, you can pick up another player's medic box. Then you can always spam heal near a refill inside the barricade area (heal as you refill during a wave). If the map has no refill inside the barricade area, then have the medic (or you, if you're medic) suicide at each respawn for an extra medic box to heal more than three times a wave.

Read this for other helpful information. It says hard mode, but the principles remain the same.
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.
Thank you all very much for your in-depth and detailed tips/suggestions.

(06-01-2014, 11:31 PM)Tyrion. link Wrote:
Quote:SS bow, Rough Smallring Leather or Bear Set, War Arrows or Bronze Arrows
Not to be a massive pain, but could you/anyone reading this please give me a rough total cost for that gear? Individual costs please.
Thanks,

(07-01-2014, 02:11 AM)Maroon link Wrote:
Quote:The first thing that you're gonna need is a Sharpshooter Bow. Though a War Bow isn't that bad, the SS bow is the first step to getting some potential out of your Sniper.
Is the difference immensely noticeable? As the cost of all this gear is, presumably, fairly high. I would much prefer to be useful in Ragnarok servers so as to make more money faster. So my question is;
- As you've all said that an SHC would make me being in a Ragnarok server okay, would the SS' dmg increase etc. be a noticeable difference also? I think I would prefer the SS bow as it's the visible target I've had in terms of T4 for a long time. However, I don't want to just look the part. Which would you recommend?

Thanks, Again!
Sharky  Wink
PEWPEWPEW
Too elaborate slightly further Maroon; I have just over 120k gold (I respecced to Heavy Longbowman from Heavy Crossbowman recently, spent a fair amount of money on both the respec and gear). So getting anything is going to require some saving up. Currently I'm not specced into engineering or medic, I'm going to go into engineering and (I believe) you said it's T4 to have an SHC, Getting to T4 will take some time and leveling (and thus money saving). So were, I to buy the SS bow first, then by the time I'm level 50 and T4 Engineer, I would surely have 300k+ and have also bought other gear?  (Am I too optimistic?  Tongue)

Thanks,
Sharky Wink
PEWPEWPEW

(06-01-2014, 11:31 PM)Tyrion. link Wrote:
Quote:SS bow, Rough Smallring Leather or Bear Set, War Arrows or Bronze Arrows

Not to be a massive pain, but could you/anyone reading this please give me a rough total cost for that gear? Individual costs please.
Thanks,

SS bow is ~300k, Rough Smallring is ~90k Bear Chest is ~250k Bear Boots/Gauntlets is ~130k each War Arrows are ~80k and bronze arrows are ~1.1 million

(07-01-2014, 02:11 AM)Maroon link Wrote:
Quote:The first thing that you're gonna need is a Sharpshooter Bow. Though a War Bow isn't that bad, the SS bow is the first step to getting some potential out of your Sniper.

Is the difference immensely noticeable? As the cost of all this gear is, presumably, fairly high. I would much prefer to be useful in Ragnarok servers so as to make more money faster. So my question is;
Yes the difference between the war bow and the SS bow is huge, not to mention the SS bow looks better  Wink

Quote:- As you've all said that an SHC would make me being in a Ragnarok server okay, would the SS dmg increase etc. be a noticeable difference also? I think I would prefer the SS bow as it's the visible target I've had in terms of T4 for a long time. However, I don't want to just look the part. Which would you recommend?
If I were you, I would go for the SS bow first, that will make you a proper contributor to a Ragnorak team. And allow you to gain money faster for an SHC Big Grin

My Characters!

VLKA_Handef_Snizel - Royal Gaurd
VLKA_Handef - Master Peltast
VLKA_HybridLeHandef - Sharpshooter
VLKA_Snizel - Ranger
In order of importance:
1. SS bow (300k)
2. War Arrows (100k? Less? idk)
3. Support class (either tier 2 medic or tier 4 engi)
4. Support item (medic boxes (10k) or SHC (300k))
5. Rough Smallring (body armor)
6. Other stuff like leveling, Open Trooper Helmet, etc

Really, if you don't have any of this stuff, no one will be complaining when you get on ragnarok. However, in order to be functional in an efficient team, you're gonna need some of this stuff.
And yes, there really is a big difference between SS bow and War Bow. The SS bow is just noticeably faster, and does more damage.
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
Thank you all, I have a good plan of what to do! Look forward to playing with you all on Rag servers or whatever.

Thanks again,
Sharky  Wink
PEWPEWPEW
War arrows are more like 70-80 k. And i would get support item before war arrows, but yeah SS bow is a game changing item buy it first.