Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Teamplay tips
Hello, lads! I'm writing this because, since friendly-fire is such a pain in the arse while set to reflective, I'm tired of teammates being detrimental to me, rather than helpful. I've had teammates getting in my way so many times it makes me want to hack the system and change FF to normal.

When you want to help a teammate (or just steal his "frag"), at least give your teammate some space. Most of the times a teammate has come to "aid" me, he stands between me and the bot instead, or moves to where I'm swinging, resulting in me hurting myself (and the bot hitting me in the process too).

So, autoblocker newbies, please be a bit more considerate when you play in a team.

[rage_mode=0]
I can see your point Patoson, it is indeed a massive pain in the arse if people don't know what they're doing and I have had many an accident with both my arrows and sword as allies are unaware. Sadly, I know this for a fact, you're used to other mods where the players have to be careful of not hitting each other because it will have severe consequences to the other person, this, in my opinion and I've stated it before, in some not so gentlemanly methods, is the best form of team damage because it means that if you run in to help someone, you have to JOIN them and not just take over.

To clarify what I mean, with reflective friendly fire, it's difficult to tell if your ally has hit you, because you don't get effected, it means nothing to you, so you're completely blasé and just charge right in.

If you have normal team damage, you'll think twice about running in front of that blokes sword, because it'll hurt you, like it should do, you will be so much more careful with how you approach enemies.

There have been quite a few occasions when people have fired a projectile/swung their weapon, and sadly I've been in the way, they've caught me across the face and they've crumpled into a heap, whether or not it was my fault, that I ran in the way of the arrow, whether or I dived in to save that player, whether they missclicked at spawn, I still feel guilty. I have 7 head armour and people can happily one shot themselves (Sorry Blondin! Big Grin) even though it's 10% reflective damage.

Reflective damage just means that good players caught in bad situations, for example, fighting off a troop of enemies singlehandedly and a peasant pops in and gets in the way, you suffer for it, you take 10% of the damage that they would have taken with a full swing, the lighter their armour, the more damage you take, it could mean the difference between life and death for them.
It effects higher level players far more than the lower ones, if you're a low level and you hit a highly armoured ally, you don't feel anything and it's like nothing happens, but if a high level player lops into a peasant, they get quite the shock.

Bad situations like that can turn a fight on their heads and cause your team to lose so in the end, reflective team damage might be a nice thing for lower ranked/damage players, their "demi-god" allies will feel a hell of a lot more pain. Killing a peasant with normal damage doesn't hurt the team as much as a peasant killing a high level player with reflective.

I hope that came out right, I saw the time and realised I need to get a move on to get into work on time, I don't have time to proof read what I've writen but I hope it at least makes some sense! Tongue

Tenne.
[Image: GuardTennenothSig-2hat-2.png]

Add the straw hat as a usable item. I feel naked without it!
Add back Nordic armour! I have nowhere warm to sleep now!
Avatar courtesy of Tomas of Miles.
The best team-play tactic I have is luring Zwei's through my allies. Works like a treat.
(11-04-2012, 04:32 PM)Jikuu_Ryuu link Wrote: The best team-play tactic I have is luring Zwei's through my allies. Works like a treat.

Less effective team damage I suppose.
[Image: GuardTennenothSig-2hat-2.png]

Add the straw hat as a usable item. I feel naked without it!
Add back Nordic armour! I have nowhere warm to sleep now!
Avatar courtesy of Tomas of Miles.
(11-04-2012, 04:13 PM)Patoson link Wrote: ... moves to where I'm swinging, resulting in me hurting myself ...

Use a frying pan  ;D
I have to agree, in as much as you would want to carry the whole team right at your back and march forward to victory, it would be such a pity when you are placed with people and players who are not that familiar with how things are and should be done in terms of going with people around your team.

Probably one of the most common points by which players should be positioned is how you could get swordsmen working toward a whole unit kind of thing.
As an archer I would have a far higher head shot count if we had full FF damage.  I would also be branded that "DAMNED TKer"  :o

The game is imperfect, and so the Mod has those problems too.  We all just have to make do, and laugh about it.  It is a game.  Game are supposedly fun.
:o  [glow=red,2,300]Missed it by.....  THAT MUCH.[/glow]  :o

[glow=red,2,300] FOR PONY!!! [/glow]
I think a big thing that needs to be learned is to not jump/stand in front of archers. why? because if you are some trumped up commando with and insane amount of amour and i hit you in the head with my fiendish bow....im guaranteed as dead
PEW PEW!!!! PEW PEW PEW!!!!!!!
PK_Wolfsblood: Prince kills 2 , thor kills 1
PK_Wolfsfang: thor kills 1
PK_Wolfsclaw: prince kills 2, Thor kills 1, odin kills 1
PK_Wolfman: prince kills 1
Another problem for archers are when other archers BM and walk in front of each other.  Usually there are reasons why archers are standing far back from a wall, like letting a lot of archers shoot through the same opening or getting more angles for shots.
(14-04-2012, 12:04 AM)Wolfsblood link Wrote: I think a big thing that needs to be learned is to not jump/stand in front of archers. why? because if you are some trumped up commando with and insane amount of amour and i hit you in the head with my fiendish bow....im guaranteed as dead

I feel like Patoson was blaming infantry ppl that don't know how to fight together, not about archer that pew pew non stop and cry because the infantry guys that hold all the bots made a move resulting on that 20 meters far away archer taking a hit.
If you don't want to take FF damage just stop pew pewing and learn to aim Smile

Otherwise I somehow agree with you Tenne, but I think that in the kind of game we are playing, reflective damage is the best solution, with almost 100% no griefing, I was surprise at first time I played NI and was not a big fan, but now I consider this could be a solution in other mod.
Oh and yes, it was a great pleasure to shot you in the head!! Smile
[URL=http://"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2W4FsDVKMY"]"Tu vois, le monde se divise en deux catégories, ceux qui ont un pistolet chargé et ceux qui creusent. Toi tu creuse. "[/URL]