Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Archer slots
(17-04-2012, 03:53 PM)Birdtalon link Wrote: 60+ arrows are more than enough. Refilling takes about 10 seconds. Don't be so lazy - Meleè based chars have to heal and you have to refill.

Untrue, if you have to heal, you're doing something wrong! As much as this doesn't effect me all that much, it would mean that archers would be around for the first set of rounds without leaving their team at a loss (hard mode, better off taking a one hander and a shield in my opinion.)

I neither support nor dislike this idea, it has it's merits but it also has it's unbalances. The reason behind the crossbowmen being able to carry a crossbow in their support slot is so that they can carry a shield, granted, if I were a crossbowman, I would take two stacks of bolts, a melee weapon and their crossobow, the likelihood that I'll use a shield with auto-block (that I don't use), even against all those arrows isn't as large as most people would think.

On the other hand you've got the whole "archers have no melee prof so that they don't go into melee" - but they reduced our athletics so that we would get caught in melee..? - so why both bringing a melee weapon, chamber with your fists!

I'm not sure either way, since I am heavy infantry as well, I am able to happily block and fight back given the need to so I am a little out of whack with the whole thing.

But things like what Birdtalon said, aren't helpful at all, firing at enemies with "60+" arrows, with a constant stream means those arrows don't last long. 10 seconds is a long time when you have people waiting or if you have a swarm of enemies on your arse. "Don't be lazy" - We'll still have to refill because "120+ arrows, isn't a lot".

Please note that I say that with the utmost respect, I don't mean to sound arrogant, abbrasive and I hope you understand that's merely a counter argument from an experienced archer.
[Image: GuardTennenothSig-2hat-2.png]

Add the straw hat as a usable item. I feel naked without it!
Add back Nordic armour! I have nowhere warm to sleep now!
Avatar courtesy of Tomas of Miles.
It takes a long time to fire through a full stack of bolts. I carry a heavy barricade as 120 bolts is pretty useless.
Give a man a fish, and you have fed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will continue fishing even if you give him a fish.
- Fingus
the biggest problem i see is that alot of archers would then rather bring in extra arrows rather than a 'cade or a medic box. why? these are vital things to the team. i personally believe that if there are enough archers on the server that an individual archer doesn't have to keep up a constant stream of arrows to make sure positions don't get overrun.

my personal loadout is; fiendish,war arrows,messer,heavy cade. 60+ isnt enough for me though so i put my cade down and let someone else build it or build it myself and then go make my second pack of arrows. during the first wave, if im with a competent team, i shouldn't have to help with the first ten-twenty seconds it takes me to make that second pack. if i am needed for that first 10-20 seconds of the wave...then the team im with isnt very good. its as simple as that.

but i guess my ending argument is like the one i have towards abortion. i dont like it but i do believe that it should be the person's choice.
PEW PEW!!!! PEW PEW PEW!!!!!!!
PK_Wolfsblood: Prince kills 2 , thor kills 1
PK_Wolfsfang: thor kills 1
PK_Wolfsclaw: prince kills 2, Thor kills 1, odin kills 1
PK_Wolfman: prince kills 1
Fair enough. Then what about melee weapon in the support slot?
(17-04-2012, 06:00 PM)Wolfsblood link Wrote: the biggest problem i see is that alot of archers would then rather bring in extra arrows melee weapons rather than a 'cade or a medic box.

honestly the only way to have it all when u start is to somehow have extra slots. but thats my rant and seeing as im not actual puting forward a solution to this issue ill just stop here
PEW PEW!!!! PEW PEW PEW!!!!!!!
PK_Wolfsblood: Prince kills 2 , thor kills 1
PK_Wolfsfang: thor kills 1
PK_Wolfsclaw: prince kills 2, Thor kills 1, odin kills 1
PK_Wolfman: prince kills 1
Well, seeing the general reception of my idea, and the response from Hypernoma, I'll just say: fuck it! I'll just go Tenne style!
Dont say that. Perhaps it would help if the quivers were stocked up a litlle bit more.
Wusel @ Omnia
(17-04-2012, 08:00 PM)Patoson link Wrote: Well, seeing the general reception of my idea, and the response from Hypernoma, I'll just say: fuck it! I'll just go Tenne style!

A lost reference here I believe.

(17-04-2012, 05:53 PM)Hypernoma link Wrote: It takes a long time to fire through a full stack of bolts. I carry a heavy barricade as 120 bolts is pretty useless.

Then you wouldn't need to reload constantly, but with all our constant machine gun fire, it's more than likely that we'll shoot off more arrows than you.

But as I say, I'm impartial to the idea, it'd be nice and allow me to stop wasting my time but at the same time, the reference of "Tenne style" means that I'm used to carrying around 17 arrows.
[Image: GuardTennenothSig-2hat-2.png]

Add the straw hat as a usable item. I feel naked without it!
Add back Nordic armour! I have nowhere warm to sleep now!
Avatar courtesy of Tomas of Miles.
(17-04-2012, 03:53 PM)Birdtalon link Wrote: 60+ arrows are more than enough. Refilling takes about 10 seconds. Don't be so lazy - Meleè based chars have to heal and you have to refill.

And what happens when we get shot? We also have to get health.

As well we really can't do melee any more, or any thing. I've nearly stopped playing my sniper because a single skirmisher axe can kill me.

My suggestion would be to give archers more armor against specifically ranged attacks (and maybe crossbowmen too, not sure what their armor state is), and then I for one would care much less about having to go get arrows.

Still is annoying that a couple recruits can kill a sniper if he can't run, while most other can stand there and not get hurt.
Because archers are supposed to fire arrows not get into Meleè. Crossbowman is a Meleè/ranged class so they need to be able to bring shield/weapon + crossbow and bolts.

I just see archers always whining and we get the commando complex now where everyone wants to be powerhouses. I only ever play an archer character in things such as native where I only get to use limited arrows before I die.

I don't see how having 60 kills is still not enough when an experienced archer can rattle off headshots like there is no tomorrow.
[align=center][Image: birdtalon.png]