Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

First Person or 3rd Person?
Sorry for making a new topic I just couldn't find anything on this. So i recently got my archer to T4 and i still have trouble deciding what is better to play in and get used to, any input would be nice.
I use third because you can see your sides easier. Never used first tho but I recommend third.
as someone who has played an archer in crpg(if u think archery is hard in this game u should give that mod a whirl) i would alternate between both constantly.

first off suns is correct in that you have much more spacial awareness in third person on top of the fact that you can see where your arrow is arcing for the really long shots and you are not quite sure how high you aim. the only problem with third person is that you have to compensate for an offset reticule. for some reason it continues to assume that your camera is still at eye level with your character and will be approximately half an inch lower than it should. so all that is needed is for you to raise your reticule slightly when shooting in third person.

this means that for third I would mostly use it when shooting those shots where im not sure how high i should aim (I.e. super long range shits) or for danger close shots when a melee person was right on top of me.

first person has its advantages in the you're accuracy will be much higher do to the reticule being in the correct spot. this assumes of course that you know exactly where to shoot for the distance.
downsides are of course tunnel vision and being unable to see how your arrow is arcing and where it landed.

this means that i actually used first person quite often but only when i knew the distance i was shooting and when i was fairly sure i wasnt going to get ganked from behind (which still happoned pretty often)

TLDR; both are good but situational.
PEW PEW!!!! PEW PEW PEW!!!!!!!
PK_Wolfsblood: Prince kills 2 , thor kills 1
PK_Wolfsfang: thor kills 1
PK_Wolfsclaw: prince kills 2, Thor kills 1, odin kills 1
PK_Wolfman: prince kills 1
I use 1st when i know where the bots are coming from / 3rd if I'm in the open,or  more likely if my narcissism kicks in and i want to see the glorious original WS legendary known as the lady dress 8).
NickyJ: I'm doing a bed run.
NickyJ: And before you ask, no, you're not invited./
Hypernoma: "Scotshroom smells"
1st person if your shooting from Fortress undersiege top peeking spots and 3rd person if your doing point blank shooting
i prefer to shoot in 1st person because its easier to line up a shot and switch to 3rd person when im moving around or looking around corners
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

-Albert Einstein
First person for archery, third person for melee is how I have always played Warband!
My Characters!

VLKA_Handef_Snizel - Royal Gaurd
VLKA_Handef - Master Peltast
VLKA_HybridLeHandef - Sharpshooter
VLKA_Snizel - Ranger
(22-01-2014, 12:26 AM)Wolfsblood link Wrote: as someone who has played an archer in crpg(if u think archery is hard in this game u should give that mod a whirl) i would alternate between both constantly.

first off suns is correct in that you have much more spacial awareness in third person on top of the fact that you can see where your arrow is arcing for the really long shots and you are not quite sure how high you aim. the only problem with third person is that you have to compensate for an offset reticule. for some reason it continues to assume that your camera is still at eye level with your character and will be approximately half an inch lower than it should. so all that is needed is for you to raise your reticule slightly when shooting in third person.

this means that for third I would mostly use it when shooting those shots where im not sure how high i should aim (I.e. super long range shits) or for danger close shots when a melee person was right on top of me.

first person has its advantages in the you're accuracy will be much higher do to the reticule being in the correct spot. this assumes of course that you know exactly where to shoot for the distance.
downsides are of course tunnel vision and being unable to see how your arrow is arcing and where it landed.

this means that i actually used first person quite often but only when i knew the distance i was shooting and when i was fairly sure i wasnt going to get ganked from behind (which still happoned pretty often)

TLDR; both are good but situational.

Besides that crpg crap, that is well explained and a good suggestion for experienced players.
Wusel @ Omnia
you just wish u were pro enough to be a crpg fag like me  Tongue
PEW PEW!!!! PEW PEW PEW!!!!!!!
PK_Wolfsblood: Prince kills 2 , thor kills 1
PK_Wolfsfang: thor kills 1
PK_Wolfsclaw: prince kills 2, Thor kills 1, odin kills 1
PK_Wolfman: prince kills 1
I always use third person, i don't like 1st person view but you should play as you feel best Wink