Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Poll: Would you like to see this implemented?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yeah
70.15%
47 70.15%
Nah
16.42%
11 16.42%
Not sure
13.43%
9 13.43%
Total 67 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Different types of 'Green Drops'
Okay so... before you judge and say that the devs are working on the loot system, this is not about the current green drops ingame. Its just a minor tweak that i think would make the looting more enjoyable.

Just throwing this out there but it costs 3 Hardend metal to craft 1 Blade shard  which is fine, but what if there was a chance that a Blade shard could be dropped?
It could be 3 times more rare to loot one compared to looting a hardend metal but still be dropped by the same mobs? It would probably be most suitable for Hard mode and Rag only though.

This basic idea can be used for:

-Armour Plates  3 times rarer than HM 
-Handle              2 times rarer than HM 
-Oil                    2 times rarer than HM

-Silk                    5 times rarer than HC
-Strap                5 times rarer than HC
-Flemish String  5 times rarer than HC

-Dye                  4 times rarer than SW

(Heavy cloth and sturdy wood is more common than HM hence the 5 times more rare calculation when it requires 3 to craft)

By doing this i think it will add alot more variety into the loot drops making it feel much more rewarding and less predictable, and something like this is already in the game as you can loot 1 x old boots or you can loot Rough cloth as a item without needing 3 old boots.

This is a very basic but effective idea in my opinion and i am very much so looking forward to seeing what you guys think of this Smile

P.S i know some of my grammar may be completely wrong but i work on a site and we communicate by grunting and swearing only...

Let me know what you think!

-Thanks
Don't suicide yourself. Bradapple 07/01/2015

And last thing im gonna say is dont make my point to another way. - Gandhi
I think it would be very interesting and cool to have some new drop craftables ! we have steel being dropped so this would only make sense Smile
Dreaded War Pick - 13/05/2018 - Loke
Fell Edge - 29/06/2018 - Tyr
Dragon Halberd - 05/08/2018 - Einherjar Berserker
Zephyr - 30/09/2018 - Odin
Would like to see this implemented. Good Idea.
i honestly have no idea why people wouldn't want this? it adds variety to the mod which can never be a bad thing? I loved it when they added more shields into the game because the only we ever saw was SKS and royals but now there are so many new types which added variety so why not the mats? 

I would like some negative feedback as i am very curious..

(25-01-2014, 09:02 PM)Elmo link Wrote: i honestly have no idea why people wouldn't want this? it adds variety to the mod which can never be a bad thing? I loved it when they added more shields into the game because the only we ever saw was SKS and royals but now there are so many new types which added variety so why not the mats? 

I would like some negative feedback as i am very curious..

well the negative feedback would be that nobody really wants these as green drops when the're are obviously better ones out there maybe these could be brown drops or something like that
Only the bots who drop Hm would  be able to drop armour plates and so on and so forth

Only negative feedback I can think of is if you're looking for, say, Armor Plates, and the bots that used to be able to drop HM, now only drop Oil for you, out of bad luck (for example), not getting you much closer to your goal. But that's all very situational of course. Tongue
Sounds nice, I like it.
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
(26-01-2014, 11:13 PM)Maroon link Wrote: Only negative feedback I can think of is if you're looking for, say, Armor Plates, and the bots that used to be able to drop HM, now only drop Oil for you, out of bad luck (for example), not getting you much closer to your goal. But that's all very situational of course. Tongue
Sounds nice, I like it.

The bots still drop HM.
Legendary Drops:
Eastern Katana - December 2012
Legacy - April 2014
Pike of Kings - June 2014
Stag Bow -June 2014
Rupturers - June 2014
Durandel - August 2014
Ancient Greatsword - August 2014
Valsgarde Helmet - September 2014
Penetrator - April 2015
Mnominor - April 2015
Volundr Greatsword - April 2015
Sure, but the chances of the raw material to drop would lower a bit... Gimme a break, I'm really trying to find a way this idea can be improved. xD
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
(26-01-2014, 11:37 PM)Slayer link Wrote: [quote author=Maroon link=topic=22321.msg163287#msg163287 date=1390778037]
Only negative feedback I can think of is if you're looking for, say, Armor Plates, and the bots that used to be able to drop HM, now only drop Oil for you, out of bad luck (for example), not getting you much closer to your goal. But that's all very situational of course. Tongue
Sounds nice, I like it.

The bots still drop HM.
[/quote]

Hes talking about how if this were to be implemented, the chance of looting the raw base material would be lowered or else it would be easier to loot stuff than before.
Ex. (Made up percentages)
Before: 30% for HM to drop
After: 30% for HM to drop + 10% for the better material to drop + 10% for the better material to drop
So the only possible way to fix that would be by lowering the chance of HM to drop to accommodate the chance of the better mats to drop as well. Then what would people do with the upgraded mat if they needed tons of HM?