Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

whats the best shield
whats the best shield for sergeant and commando
ive yet to come across an answer to this ( i asked the same q) but what i can tell u is that highlander shield isnt one!! ( i learned from my mistake =( ) Possible commando shields would be either swadian steel shield or heavy round shield, i still dont know which ones better.
All of the Commando shields on the Marketplace have the same stats apart from the size of them, which makes them equal in taking damage.

They are currently better than the craftable Swadian Kite Shield, but I understand this will be addressed in next patch.

"And it goes a little something like this..."
what about swadian STEEL shield?
The Swadian Steel Shield is aimed at Sergeants. I don't know which shields are available to Sergeants as I do not have a char at that class and the equipment has changed recently.

I can tell you though that in order to establish which one is better you need to look at the following stats:

Body Armor - This is the number that determines how much resistance the shield has. The bigger the number, the higher the resistance, the less damage your shield will take per hit.

Hit points - This is how much health your shield has. The higher the number the more damage it can take overall.

The Swadian Steel Shield has 16 Body Amour and 480 Hit Points. Based on the above you should be able to work out which one is better.

MrG has been studying shields lately i see..  :Smile
Lol ye I'm really sad.

But as a shielder I need to know what I'm working with  Wink
A shield's hit points represent its protection against all types of damage, whereas armour is only effective against weapons which do not have bonus against shields.

If your shield has high armour, it will endure a lot of hits from swords (for example), but, if you want a shield that resists axes, the more hit points, the better, since weapons with bonus against shields ignore armour.
(18-04-2012, 05:50 PM)Patoson link Wrote: A shield's hit points represent its protection against all types of damage, whereas armour is only effective against weapons which do not have bonus against shields.

If your shield has high armour, it will endure a lot of hits from swords (for example), but, if you want a shield that resists axes, the more hit points, the better, since weapons with bonus against shields ignore armour.

There were many discussion about this, and last one was that weapons that have bonus against shield double the damage but doesn't ignore armor, that's why a guy with 13 shield skill have an indestructible shield (against any type of weapon).

But anyway, the most hit point a shield have the more resistant it will be Smile
[URL=http://"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2W4FsDVKMY"]"Tu vois, le monde se divise en deux catégories, ceux qui ont un pistolet chargé et ceux qui creusent. Toi tu creuse. "[/URL]
Anyone know a build that has most shieldskill ?