Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Map vote change
I think having multi spawn points on a map can make the game painfully slow no matter what game mode.

Take Offshore for example, its a fairly fast map to play on.  Ranged units being the main slowing factor imo. 

(05-02-2014, 09:22 AM)oposum link Wrote:Skill required to kite properly is about the same level of slashing in shieldwall (quite low), rewards are far greater and once you get a kiting map rag/hard servers won't be played on any other map.

Utter rubbish! If kiting required no skill we would have all had 20+ Prince, Ragnar and Odin kills by now.
Some things worth reading in this, thread others that should never have been said Tongue

Madjosh, I will say that some of the things you have been saying in here are among the most sensible I have seen to date Wink My crusade against kiting is due to my belief that NI should be a team game, hence no single player, and one player kiting on a server is boring for others to watch and far too often leads to fights between players with "leave the server n00b I want it for myself". Now I also do not enjoy mass-cading with 2 shielders and slashing macros but we have a few things in the pipes to play around with that...

Bolt we are not creating ANOTHER game mode at present but rather fixing the ones we have (I like to think this makes more sense). NI will not be moving to 16 waves.

This is one of my first disclosures regarding our new loot system... It is being designed to reward full teams working together. There are many changes coming but patience is key I'm afraid!

As for map votes, I will look into a system whereby it can be limited in the future but at present it will not be implemented. It's all very well players saying in theory the function won't be abused to only play one or two maps but we did remove it for a reason Wink I'll be happy to revisit the issue after our next few extensive patches.
Give a man a fish, and you have fed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will continue fishing even if you give him a fish.
- Fingus
(05-02-2014, 03:11 PM)Hypernoma link Wrote:My crusade against kiting is due to my belief that NI should be a team game, hence no single player, and one player kiting on a server is boring for others to watch and far too often leads to fights between players with "leave the server n00b I want it for myself". Now I also do not enjoy mass-cading with 2 shielders and slashing macros but we have a few things in the pipes to play around with that...

Out of curiosity, how would you like us to play the game?
(05-02-2014, 03:33 PM)VM_Sargent_X link Wrote:[quote author=Hypernoma link=topic=22681.msg164701#msg164701 date=1391613114]

My crusade against kiting is due to my belief that NI should be a team game, hence no single player, and one player kiting on a server is boring for others to watch and far too often leads to fights between players with "leave the server n00b I want it for myself". Now I also do not enjoy mass-cading with 2 shielders and slashing macros but we have a few things in the pipes to play around with that...

[/quote]A mobile shield wall is always great fun, and I wouldn't mind that being the regular thing to do.
Philosophy is questions that may never be answered,

Religion is answers that may never be questioned
(05-02-2014, 03:33 PM)VM_Sargent_X link Wrote:[quote author=Hypernoma link=topic=22681.msg164701#msg164701 date=1391613114]

My crusade against kiting is due to my belief that NI should be a team game, hence no single player, and one player kiting on a server is boring for others to watch and far too often leads to fights between players with "leave the server n00b I want it for myself". Now I also do not enjoy mass-cading with 2 shielders and slashing macros but we have a few things in the pipes to play around with that...

[/quote]
As mentioned above, I much prefer movement! I appreciate it isn't necessarily possible at present and that's why we're making big changes. For a while our response to mass-cading is to make bots harder, so players die/res to bring in more cades so we make bots harder etc etc. Changes are however incoming.

I hosted an official event a long time ago on the old castle map. We split our team into two are manned a barricade in each of the gates by the bridges. Players were assigned a barricade to man and protect while some players ran between the two providing aid where required. At wave 16 we retreated to the tower to defend for the last 4 waves. I like to think that was incredibly good fun and I recall the players on my server having fun (the players on the other server didn't have nearly as much fun obv!)

Another example was Jeldan, even with the dreaded room. Players would start outside the gates before retreating to hold the first hill. As the bots would progress players would fall back up the hill fighting as they went before eventually retreating to the room as a last stand. However it became common practice among new players to just stand in the room from wave 1 and the fun (in my opinion) was lost.

In the old days it was never about kiting the nords, but more about starting at the "front" of the map and then working your way back as the waves got harder until you reached a last 'do or die' holding point. I don't know if I will ever be able to enforce or enact the gameplay I envision but I'm not going to stop trying.
Give a man a fish, and you have fed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will continue fishing even if you give him a fish.
- Fingus
One way to do it could be to remove deployables and have maps designet for each mode with already placed destructable props placed throughout the map, so if you go to the spot at the end right away, you wouldnt make it to the last wave as the last defense would be destroyed if it were to be used vs all the waves.. Something along those lines :p Would make the maps more interactive.

If you want to try something like that I probably could help out making scene props designed for this kind of "mode" Smile

Edit: Also, Im no scripter, but if possible one could also change the spawns to the defensive gate or whatever that just has been destroyed, to prevent players from camping the first spot if that for some reason is a better one.. just throwing some thoughts out here :p
Brego that would make NI bland in my opinion and would make maps doable by 2 people just camping the pre built spots.
Philosophy is questions that may never be answered,

Religion is answers that may never be questioned
Well, obviously it would need a lot of testing to get it to work right, and the map designs gotta be good etc. but I got some ideas that might make it work out well, though I'm not too familiar with the limitations of warband so I can't say for sure..

And it wouldn't necessarily replace the old kind of mode, but be an addition to it. Probably would require a lot of work though, so probably wont happen Tongue
Quote:One way to do it could be to remove deployables and have maps designet for each mode with already placed destructable props placed throughout the map, so if you go to the spot at the end right away, you wouldnt make it to the last wave as the last defense would be destroyed if it were to be used vs all the waves.. Something along those lines :p Would make the maps more interactive.

I'd give it a try, sounds way more interesting than 2h of slashing from behind a shield wall!