Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Sniper to be
I'm heavy longbowman at the moment. Only a few more class points and then i'll be sniper and I can get rid of my longbow.

I've been checking the WTB/WTS threads in this forum regularly and have come to the conclusion that sharpshooter/fiendish/hurricane bows are quite expensive! You don't find any under 300k.

How much does the warbow cost in the marketplace? And is it really worth it to go for the fiendish or sharpshooter?

Warbow in the marketplace costs 12446 gold and is definitely worth it.

Once you get to Hardmode then the gold you earn goes up very quickly so I would not worry about being low on funds.

I would suggest going for a sharpshooter as it is a really nice bow visually and it's stats are quite good. Then once you earn 1m I would suggest getting a fiendish.
You should probably get a fiendish as quickly as possible, the price of legendaries will keep rising due to higher demand as more players hit t3+. Even if goldsinks are added, the price will still rise a lot compared to other items because most crafted items just aren't as good.

I'd say the fiendish bow is definitely worth it though, since it both fires faster and does more damage than the warbow.
War Bow
Speed rating 84
Thrust damage 29
Shoot speed 59

Fiendish Bow
Speed rating: 95
Thrust damage: 33
Shoot speed: 60

Sharpshooter Bow
Speed rating 88
Thrust damage 32
Shoot speed 60

Looking at the stats I get the feeling that the Fiendish isn't much better than the sharpshooter. What's your opinion? Is 1 extra damage and a little more speed worth the much higher price?
(21-04-2012, 01:43 PM)Mort link Wrote: War Bow
Speed rating 84
Thrust damage 29
Shoot speed 59

Fiendish Bow

Sharpshooter Bow
Speed rating 88
Thrust damage 32
Shoot speed 60

Looking at the stats I get the feeling that the Fiendish isn't much better than the sharpshooter. What's your opinion? Is 1 extra damage and a little more speed worth the much higher price?

the fiendish is weaker than the sharpshooter due to the powerdraw increase but it does shoot faster. its kind of a toss up with wat is better here
PEW PEW!!!! PEW PEW PEW!!!!!!!
PK_Wolfsblood: Prince kills 2 , thor kills 1
PK_Wolfsfang: thor kills 1
PK_Wolfsclaw: prince kills 2, Thor kills 1, odin kills 1
PK_Wolfman: prince kills 1
(21-04-2012, 06:43 PM)Wolfsblood link Wrote: [quote author=Mort link=topic=2937.msg24101#msg24101 date=1335015837]
War Bow
Speed rating 84
Thrust damage 29
Shoot speed 59

Fiendish Bow

Sharpshooter Bow
Speed rating 88
Thrust damage 32
Shoot speed 60

the fiendish is weaker than the sharpshooter due to the powerdraw increase but it does shoot faster. its kind of a toss up with wat is better here
[/quote]

With all due respect, I can't quite see your reasoning behind saying that the Fiendish bow is weaker than the Sharpshooter..? From the stats provided above, the Fiendish bow does one more damage over the Sharpshooter, which, in turn, due to them both having a difficulty of 1, and the maximum effective powerdraw (despite archers having 6) is 4, no matter what way you look at it, the Sharpshooter is both slower and does less damage than a Fiendish.

I may be missing something though.

The Fiendish is a better bow, the difference between that and the Sharpshooter is much other than the speed, which is effective if you're trying to kill off targets before they get closer to your team.
[Image: GuardTennenothSig-2hat-2.png]

Add the straw hat as a usable item. I feel naked without it!
Add back Nordic armour! I have nowhere warm to sleep now!
Avatar courtesy of Tomas of Miles.
The sharpshooter bow used to deal more damage per shot because it had a higher power draw requirement, but the power draw requirement of all bows got lowered to one.
(21-04-2012, 07:58 PM)Huscarlton_Banks link Wrote: The sharpshooter bow used to deal more damage per shot because it had a higher power draw requirement, but the power draw requirement of all bows got lowered to one.

Ah so the gentleman above me was talking pre-one difficulty

That makes sense.

They should increase the requirements of the warbow and above to 2 (3?) so that we get the full power from our PD 6. It'll reduce the accuracy and hold time but both are already good enough to have them reduced. (in my opinion of course.)
[Image: GuardTennenothSig-2hat-2.png]

Add the straw hat as a usable item. I feel naked without it!
Add back Nordic armour! I have nowhere warm to sleep now!
Avatar courtesy of Tomas of Miles.
(21-04-2012, 07:58 PM)Huscarlton_Banks link Wrote: The sharpshooter bow used to deal more damage per shot because it had a higher power draw requirement, but the power draw requirement of all bows got lowered to one.

ah yes, i forgot they decreased difficulty...so disregard above statement from me
PEW PEW!!!! PEW PEW PEW!!!!!!!
PK_Wolfsblood: Prince kills 2 , thor kills 1
PK_Wolfsfang: thor kills 1
PK_Wolfsclaw: prince kills 2, Thor kills 1, odin kills 1
PK_Wolfman: prince kills 1
sharpshooter does have slightly better accuracy, as increasing bow damage decreases accuracy :/, so the hurricane has pretty poor accuracy.
Nothing is impossible, it's just a matter of determination and probability.

2nd Knight forever!

No longer active.