Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Throwing Weapons In Support Slot
I just think it would be nice to have 3 packs of throwing weapons if possible.
[Image: gQUGcYN.gif?1]
This is a great idea - I wouldn't use 3 throwing weaps, but i think throwing weapons in support slot is a good idea.

+1
[size=1pt]
MeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstext
MeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstext
Most throwing weapons have alternative melee mode-looks like support type weapon.And since polearms now are pretty specific to pikeman class they can go in support slot too,like xbows for S.H.A.R.P.shooters.
Volh, Wotan, Vint
Every month the same whining thread about changing the support slots. Its a teamplay game and not built for solo heroes. You have to live with it  :o
Once more into the fray
Into the last good fight I'll ever know
Live and die on this day
Live and die on this day
(24-04-2012, 10:46 AM)OneEyE link Wrote: Every month the same whining thread about changing the support slots. Its a teamplay game and not built for solo heroes. You have to live with it  :o

(Sorry for out of topic now)

We haven't been talking about soloing? We've been talking about it would be nice to have throwing weapons in support slot, for when you don't need a deployable, so you can equip your regular weapons and shields at the same time. Throwing weapons can be great support, i've actually saved other players quite some times because of my throwing - The only time i wouldn't use it in support slot, is when you are doing a shieldwall, where you need deployables etc - In other situations, having a deployable in support is quite useless. And i am not a medic, so.

No solo talk.
[size=1pt]
MeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstext
MeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstext
(24-04-2012, 10:46 AM)OneEyE link Wrote: Every month the same whining thread about changing the support slots. Its a teamplay game and not built for solo heroes. You have to live with it  :o

How is that whine?

Also, how many people did you see running around with a dedicated thrower a month ago? At least try and be constructive.

Some maps it's better to run and gun than to stand behind a shielder, trapped in a corner, hoping that they will take enough its for the rest of the team to take them out. I don't like hiding behind a shieldwall with nowhere to go, because I know once that wall falls, we're all dead.
[Image: GuardTennenothSig-2hat-2.png]

Add the straw hat as a usable item. I feel naked without it!
Add back Nordic armour! I have nowhere warm to sleep now!
Avatar courtesy of Tomas of Miles.
What want to say Eye is that we have almost the same asking thread about support slot coming in circle on this forum, and what come in mind first is that if you want to remove support slot then you don't want to support your team Smile

I understand that sometimes better option is to bring one more weapon/shield/quiver, but problem is that if you allow such thing ppl will never make the effort to bring support item.

Anyway, everybody knows how to refill to have 3 (or even 4) quivers, it's just a question of time, and if you play with some mates they just have to keep one bot alive while you refill (solution found!)  ;D
[URL=http://"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2W4FsDVKMY"]"Tu vois, le monde se divise en deux catégories, ceux qui ont un pistolet chargé et ceux qui creusent. Toi tu creuse. "[/URL]
All ranged weapon ammo stacks where buffed quite a bit when we introduced the support slot to make up for the loss of it. Throwing stacks where increased again when we introduced the Skirmisher class. It's currently balanced around having a support slot.

The support slot is restricted to support items only, with crossbowmen being the only exception purely due to the common view of a crossbowman with a crossbow and a board shield. Even this is a touchy subject to me, but no other classes will have the support slot for other uses.
Yeah I don't like how Crossbowmen can't take full advantage of their build while taking a support item at the same time, but I don't see a way around it either.