Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Why Always 'PM Me Offer'
Why is it that after being absent for 8 or more months, that when i try checking market value of royals steel cutter etc etc, i go check prices in trading section, and what do i find?

nothing but people trading Via PM, on ALL items.. no more bartering, no more seeing what others offer after you make your offer.

It is very frustrating trying to find out what things are worth atm, so i can save up/ sell something without expecting too much/ being ripped off.

We need to go back to being a bit more open as a community with our trading, else players like me and newer players will never truly be able to keep up with what items are actually worth.

Rant over - but someone please explain why the NI community has grown so privative with its trading?

Thanks  - Bacon Lover
people like to keep trades private mostly. it also keeps spamming on post to a minimum. most new players ask about to find out how much things cost it you want to find out more about prices and what not add me on steam and I can get you reacquainted with the game. this is a pretty bad explantion so I hope some one does a better job then me.
Steam is:Hawkens
(09-09-2012, 02:37 AM)Sparhawk link Wrote:
Posting rules

Dos:

1: Players are allowed to post encouragement.
2: You may offer advice, ONLY if it is asked for by the creator of the thread.
3: Please do as much trading VIA PM as you can. 4: You may inquire as to current bids on items in the thread, but please keep spam to a minimum.
5: Thread owners, please keep an updated "Highest offer" in your original post.
also this
I prefer PM's over posting because I can reuse the thread afterwards without having unrelated posts in my topic= I also get an email notification when I get a PM which tends to speed up trades.
Legendaries Looted:
-One Handed Battle Axe
-[Image: Geralt]
Posting offers publicly allows for others to look at your offer and undercut you (if you're selling) or outbid you (if you're buying). It can start a bidding war and drive the price of the item you want up. Also, people are easily influenced by offers that they see from others, and it may lead to everyone in a thread giving low prices for an item, despite the owner valuing the item at a higher price. There are also those who would try to manipulate prices by having their buddies make outrageous offers in an attempt to increase the perceived value of an item.

Raw material cost is generally higher than the cost of purchasing a pre-crafted item (unless it's something that is newly released and rare). The beauty of the NI market is that most items derive value from the players, and prices will vary depending on the person you ask.

I can tell you now as a player who has played this game for a significant period of time, nobody can truly know what an item is worth. Consider for yourself how much you would be willing to pay for an item. Each player has his or her circumstances, and these circumstances should shape how you value items.
ba da bing ba da BAN! -Hypernoma
I understand and agree with alot of it... but it just makes it so difficult to value items when you come back to a game with a completely different market value on items from when you stopped playing.

When i was playing sulphur was 32k lead was 43k, fafnirs 115k,  bear fur 80k etc etc yarda yarda.

now i come back to where valuable items are now worth a fraction and the old 'cheap' items are the new valuable, just finding it quite frustrating to find out how much i should value my prebuilt items at, and it has put me off of putting anything up for sale, incase i end up selling something for a fraction of its price... the only reason why im annoyed with this tbhTongue

Thanks for the replies though guys, your time spent trying to help out is very appreciated Smile
I think a bit like you, which is why I always put up in my threads what I bought/sold the items for.
CC_Sir_Yabu - lvl 52 Wielder of the Rectal Glory
CC_Dr_Yabu - lvl 52 Pokémon
CC_Yabu_the_Hutt - lvl 52 Space Mob Member
CC_Yabudabadoo - lvl 39 Pacifist
CC_Dyabu_Unchained - lvl 10 No Comment
Visit my shop IKEY!
(19-02-2014, 11:50 AM)Yabu link Wrote: I think a bit like you, which is why I always put up in my threads what I bought/sold the items for.

Same here!
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
(16-02-2014, 07:36 AM)Hawkens link Wrote: people like to keep trades private mostly. it also keeps spamming on post to a minimum. most new players ask about to find out how much things cost it you want to find out more about prices and what not add me on steam and I can get you reacquainted with the game. this is a pretty bad explantion so I hope some one does a better job then me.
Steam is:Hawkens
[quote author=Sparhawk link=topic=5889.msg49571#msg49571 date=1347158237]