Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Poll: Timer before new wave-how long?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
5-10 sec
20.00%
7 20.00%
10-20 sec
37.14%
13 37.14%
20-30 sec
17.14%
6 17.14%
nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope
25.71%
9 25.71%
Total 35 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

DONT KILL LAST or timer before new wave
I think 10 or 20 sec timer before every wave should be fair enough to heal,restock on ammo or build up some barricade and be ready for next assault.That should solve DONT KILL LAST!!11 YOU KILLED LAST YOU AFROAMERICAN I REPORTED YOU problem since some people cant read or dont read chat messages at all.That moments when 1 killed bot ruins all cunnin' planz almost always messes up whole game.Fighting with ranged units near spawn since they can hardly be kited  away and suddenly getting surrounded by berserkers dont look nice too.
Volh, Wotan, Vint
I would agree that a built in "break" between, at the very least, boss waves would be helpful.  I would put an end to "holding" the last kill, players "death restocking" at the end of boss waves, and the drama that can happen when new players are not aware of these current gameplay work arounds.  If this can be done I am not aware, but never hurts to ask.

cRPG automatically restocks/heals everyone that survives a wave.  While this simplify things it would not work for NI.  The requirement to restock, and eat to heal/be healded, are fun challenges for a survival type game.  It has been mentioned that these functions take a very long time.  Due to that it might be worth having a 30 second rest between waves, or atleast between the end of a boss wave and the start of the next wave.

Look forward to any discussions that this thread might create.
:o  [glow=red,2,300]Missed it by.....  THAT MUCH.[/glow]  :o

[glow=red,2,300] FOR PONY!!! [/glow]
I like it the way it is really. A timer is unnessercary and it's a lot more exciting to have to rebuild on the fly.
[align=center][Image: birdtalon.png]
A timer would not be necessary if you'd just give an automatic restock after boss waves. Because this suicide thing after boss waves is just stupid.
An automatic restock would make the game -way- too easy.
[align=center][Image: birdtalon.png]
(24-04-2012, 04:58 PM)Birdtalon link Wrote: An automatic restock would make the game -way- too easy.

We already have an automatic restock, it's only new or lazy players that don't suicide on boss waves. So what's the difference? I just think it ruins the immersion to suicide every fourth wave and wish the game mechanics didn't force me to do that.
Automatic restock would have various problems. Consider this: what should happen to players who deploy items like barricades and then pick another item off the ground? Does the item they picked up from the floor get removed and replaced with a new barricade? Do you lose items you pick up or will your current equipment just be restored? If the first case is true and the player is restored to his original spawn state, the player will lose items they retrieved from fallen enemies or allies, which would be detrimental for various situations (e.g. those who pick up additional shields to play as shielders, archers who use the extra quiver trick, engineers who pick up medic boxes to heal the team). If the second case is true, then you would still have to respawn in order to obtain new barricades. Currently, players also respawn to give other people legendary weapons to use, so a simple restore won't stop them from respawning. Even with automatic restoration, I think suicide every fourth wave would still occur due to the need for new barricades/heavy barricades and distribution of items. Respawning every boss wave may be extraneous for archers who just wish to resupply on arrows, but for players working as a team, bringing additional heavy barricades and medic kits is a requirement for success. Additionally, would the automatic restore fix every shield a player is carrying even if it is not currently being held? The anvil currently does not so I can only assume it is a limitation of the Warband engine.
ba da bing ba da BAN! -Hypernoma
(24-04-2012, 04:03 PM)Birdtalon link Wrote: I like it the way it is really. A timer is unnessercary and it's a lot more exciting to have to rebuild on the fly.

This.

(24-04-2012, 04:58 PM)Birdtalon link Wrote: An automatic restock would make the game -way- too easy.

And this. Big Grin
[size=1pt]
MeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstext
MeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstextMeaninglesstext
The only waves i think it would make sense for there to be a timer on would be boss waves. It would make sense for them to get another assault ready when one of their leaders just bit the dust
any sort of timer would destroy the fast pace which makes this game so much easier to play then Deluge. really I can't play deluges invasion because of how much time they give you to prepare, its easy and boring.