Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Possible new normal barricade, newer version of the Aegis Shield fix
Hi guys!
I've been working on an optional replacement for the Normal Barricade after discussing it with some of you yesterday. It's basically a modification of the SHC, which looks a lot less sturdy, and consists more of gaps than of actual wood.
Here is a BRF file with the model, and an auto-generated collision mesh (which is probably too high-res, may want to look into that). Here's some screenies of it in OpenBRF as well (as I couldn't get it to work in game):

Lemme know what you think of it!

Edit: Newer screenies!

On another note, a while ago I have posted an updated version of one of the brf files (NI_Senni.brf to be exact), with some fixes for some of the new swords, and for the Aegis Shield. I have since had to update that Aegis Shield fix, as I had forgotten to do the lod's of the shield as well. I have now made another update on it, as I balls'ed up the lod fix in the first place. The newest version can be found here, and it should correctly fix the Aegis Shield once and for all. That's all for now, I hope you like it!
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
Thanks for the aegis shield fixes, I'm sure the whole community will be happy to see it working right.

On the topic of your barricade, it's got a good triangular shape to it, but the poles in the middle would collapse if you left it alone. If you can excuse my MS paint skills, here is my suggestion into the replacement. (didn't want to make a model since you're on top of it)
It still kind of keeps the "spacious" appearance of the normal barricade and keeps this triangle shape you got going on, but the solid post at each of the triangle ensures the bots should be able to swing and hit it.

[Image: jt94RsI.png]

YunYun "I would do a lot of things to your face"
Yuri "Yes, Yes! Use me!
Takeo  "hey hey, I'm man on trust"
Diamond "I'm not an idiot!"
Hande "it makes you to be my.. son ?"
Kip "Mmm, I love unbuilt cades on stairs"
Rammy "Pls"
Deer https://i.imgur.com/Kj0lb8N.png
Tarrod "should I show you my biceps or wat"
Hm, yes, that makes more sense than my design. Tongue
I'll try and see how that goes. Thanks for the feedback.

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
Righto, I've changed it around a fair bit, adding a third set of logs holding it together, and getting rid of the middle hanging thing.
Here's some screenshots of it without texture (WIP): I was thinking of using the texture of the Platform and Heavy Platform for the boards on the logs, with some added nails of course.
Any ideas on how to improve this (might reduce the size of the boards, actually)?

Looks nice. Can you tell when this is ready ? I would like to test this soon.
I'm currently in the last stages of texturing another model I made a while ago, I'll get to the barricade as soon as that's done!

Sounds good.  :-*
Right, here's the result of some quick textureworking:

[Image: 42f11c1c42a10fb6218beac735ea8d5e.png]

The ropes look rather hideous, but I can't find a good way to make em look like actual ropes.

i do not know if my opinion is asked for here, but it looks kinda odd that the boards are just sticking to the logs, maybe add some kind of "nails"
(07-04-2014, 04:15 PM)Hablam link Wrote:i do not know if my opinion is asked for here, but it looks kinda odd that the boards are just sticking to the logs, maybe add some kind of "nails"

That... Is actually a very good point. I haven't thought of adding that when I made the texture.

I've slightly adjusted the color of the logs by the way, which one would be better?