Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

shield acts as arrowmagnet
I noticed it in early game as archer and still as t4 archer. When I aim for the head of a skilled enemy I am unable to hit him! I just hit his shield.
For example on hard server wave 1 Nord Veteran Soldier: I aim for the feet and hit the middle of the shield.

So my question to get rid of it, will it be gone if I am hero or is it better to buy ss bow?
I saw assassine doing hard wave 20 solo and he was able to headshot npc's with shields raised in front of the head but i dont know which bow he used...
Atm I use warbow with bodkin arrows.
hi
ye, i was soloing King Ragnar wave as Warden (archer hero), with Ebony arrows (best arrows) and Ullrs bane (best Bow). The trick is to simple aim a bit higher than the actual head is, thats all. You just need to try it out and practice a bit with it. Best thing is to upgrade to ss bow and war arrows.
Best Solo:
Normal 20 Completed
Hard 20 Completed
Ragnarok 19 incompleted
The "arrow magnet" effect is not effected by the bow or the arrows you're using, but by the shieldskill of the bot you're shooting at. Aside from increasing the amount of damage his shield can have, someone's shieldskill also increases the coverage the shield gives you. This is probably meant to show the fact that people who are more skilled with a shield can throw their shields in the path of incoming arrows, but since an animation for that would be too much for Warband, they've stuck to making the shields magnets.
Most bots in NI do not have much shieldskill afaik, which is why you can still shoot over their shields. Some bots have more skill than others, though, and are therefore harder to shoot over the rim of their shields.
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
If every Nord didn't have shield skills, soloing with Archer would be too easy. I like a challenge, you not?
DB_BlackWarden - DB_BlackPeltast - DB_BlackKnight - DB_BlackPavise
Alchemist 16 - ArmorSmith 21 - BlackSmith 18 - Alchemist 8
(16-03-2014, 01:13 PM)CC_BlackKnight link Wrote: I like a challenge, you not?
I dont like the fact that a ranged class is completely unable to kill a skilled npc from the front over long distances while a close ranged axe thrower hits exactly where the axe is hitting. So there is no axe-/spearmagnet. Btw. spears are too fast and axes should only hit in ~50% of all cases.

@Assassine:
My crosshair is above the head but I aim on the head (arrowdrop over distance). With this technique I can headshot skirmisher very well.

@Maroon:
thx for the hint a bow will not improve this.
I believe that a few of the troops have shield skill that is too high to shoot over. For those you'll just have to wait till they come in close range and lower their shield to kill, I think.
ba da bing ba da BAN! -Hypernoma
(16-03-2014, 05:36 PM)clickeverywhere link Wrote: I believe that a few of the troops have shield skill that is too high to shoot over. For those you'll just have to wait till they come in close range and lower their shield to kill, I think.
This is true.

Good example for that are the Champion Huscarls (former Wave 4 on Hard, now Ragnarok).

Solution: Pikemen  Smile
'Who needs social life if you have double experience?' -yuri
Rag wave 4 are Chosen Huscarls, Human. :-X
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
Not everything should be easy. Ragnorak should be hard. If they didn't have these shield skills, it would be too easy.
Now you need Pikemen or Commando's and else you need to aim for the feet or wait till they try to hit you.
DB_BlackWarden - DB_BlackPeltast - DB_BlackKnight - DB_BlackPavise
Alchemist 16 - ArmorSmith 21 - BlackSmith 18 - Alchemist 8
(16-03-2014, 05:50 PM)Maroon link Wrote: Rag wave 4 are Chosen Huscarls, Human. :-X
classic.
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.