Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Community Manager?
I know full well that this has been done before. However, given the current state of the community and the extremities that the devs have had to go to because of this, I would like to recommend a new community manager. I played in NI in its early stages and it makes me sad to see how the mod has become. Rex in his earlier post made some valid points that were disregarded and rather than admitting to fault…blame was returned upon him because of some “grudge”. Whether or not those points were made in spite…they do hold a high degree of truth. It was once frowned upon for a dev to join a server and carry a team all the way to odin (destroying the fun, out of range of loots and exp not to mention a crash at the end largely due to high amounts of odin spears being flung between dev and boss). Here are some points that I and I believe others, would like to see addressed.

1) A stark change in our current community managers behaviour or a change in personnel
2) A shift from the dictatorship present in NI atm. The fact that I have had to make a new account for this post for fear of being shun and banned for having an opinion like rex did earlier is disgusting.
3) Devs other than kip playing the mod (if you don’t play with the community how will you know what’s best for the game?)
No doubt this account will be banned by the night and this post locked/deleted but I implore you all to speak up. Perhaps this is only me and I have been spoilt by the exceptional community manager that Barristan was but as others who have posted/commented before me have said…Hande was a terrible choice.
4) a community manager who interacts with the actual community and takes their advice on things rather than the current who doesent speak with the community and ignores their pleas/suggestions without any evidence as to why or why not!
You can choose not to play this mod... I mean it is their game.
Die Eier von Satan!
Und keine Eier!
I would like to add a few points to this discussion before responding to what you said.
  • From what I could tell, Rex had a personal vendetta against Hande, and blamed him solely for everything wrong with this mod, though I must say I do not recall the details to that post.
  • Devs cannot solo ragnarok outside of assist exp range of the players without dieing. I cannot remember ever being in a server with a developer in which said dev "destroyed the fun, out of range of loots and exp".

As for your post, I agree with you that the community is not what it used to be. I do not, however, see how this is Hande's fault. As far as I can tell, the fact that changed the community the most is simply the people in it. A lot of old community members have moved on, and even more have joined it. This changes the way a community behaves, and is not something a community manager, whether it's Hande or someone else, could do anything about, and shouldn't try to do something about either. Demanding of new people to behave the exact way their predecessors have is not fair in my opinion.

What you said about devs playing the mod,  agree with you. Seeing developers play this game is a morale boost for the players, and gives the developers a better idea as to how the community works. I would like to point out, however, is that simply because you do not see a Lord_Hypernoma or a Lord_Naozumi in the server, doesn't mean there isn't a developer present.
Then again, from what I can tell, the developers have a real life to attend to as well, and most of the time they can spend on NI goes into working on it.

But hey, that's my point of view, and as I said before, I would like to hear what makes you feel Hande is responsible for the state the community is in.
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
(22-03-2014, 01:35 PM)Fuzzy_Lumpkin link Wrote: You can choose not to play this mod... I mean it is their game.
But what is a game without players?
(22-03-2014, 01:42 PM)Maroon link Wrote: I would like to add a few points to this discussion before responding to what you said.
  • From what I could tell, Rex had a personal vendetta against Hande, and blamed him solely for everything wrong with this mod, though I must say I do not recall the details to that post.
  • Devs cannot solo ragnarok outside of assist exp range of the players without dieing. I cannot remember ever being in a server with a developer in which said dev "destroyed the fun, out of range of loots and exp".

As for your post, I agree with you that the community is not what it used to be. I do not, however, see how this is Hande's fault. As far as I can tell, the fact that changed the community the most is simply the people in it. A lot of old community members have moved on, and even more have joined it. This changes the way a community behaves, and is not something a community manager, whether it's Hande or someone else, could do anything about, and shouldn't try to do something about either. Demanding of new people to behave the exact way their predecessors have is not fair in my opinion.

What you said about devs playing the mod,  agree with you. Seeing developers play this game is a morale boost for the players, and gives the developers a better idea as to how the community works. I would like to point out, however, is that simply because you do not see a Lord_Hypernoma or a Lord_Naozumi in the server, doesn't mean there isn't a developer present.
Then again, from what I can tell, the developers have a real life to attend to as well, and most of the time they can spend on NI goes into working on it.

But hey, that's my point of view, and as I said before, I would like to hear what makes you feel Hande is responsible for the state the community is in.
i have been in a server wave 16 on rag with hande almost at 500 kills...the server was lagging a lot not to mention him running out and killing outside assist range. next up, the community manager should interact in a healthy way with the community. it is this behaviour that has been fed in the community as of late tat was not tollerated in the past. people will behave in a community the way they see others behave and tbh we don't have anyone setting an example atm.
Meh ... Whilst i probably could agree on not a lot of community interaction for all we know there could be something in the pipeline planned ? It would be nice to see more devs in-game interacting with players but that's in a perfect world and the Devs are most probably already struggling with balancing time between fixing / improving the mod and trying to have a life outside of NI. Despite popular belief Devs have to earn money to actually live since they aren't Immortal. And coming home after a long days work , having to fix stuff and deal with player issues leaves little time to have fun and interact as i'm sure they would love to.  Wink
Dreaded War Pick - 13/05/2018 - Loke
Fell Edge - 29/06/2018 - Tyr
Dragon Halberd - 05/08/2018 - Einherjar Berserker
Zephyr - 30/09/2018 - Odin
From my point of view, having Hande in a server with 500 kills is more an exception than a rule. I have seen him in public servers plenty of times, and almost always he's either joking around with trickster smoke bombs, or slashing at the shieldwall with whatever weird weapon he has chosen to take with him that day.
(22-03-2014, 01:58 PM)AnonymousHero link Wrote: the community manager should interact in a healthy way with the community. it is this behaviour that has been fed in the community as of late tat was not tollerated in the past. people will behave in a community the way they see others behave and tbh we don't have anyone setting an example atm.

What kind of behavior are you referring to here? You say that a community manager should interact with the community, then jump to "it is this behavior that has been fed in the community". Are you saying that a lack of interaction has led to the community's behavior? If so, what kind of behavior from our community managers could have stopped this change?
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
(22-03-2014, 02:12 PM)Maroon link Wrote: From my point of view, having Hande in a server with 500 kills is more an exception than a rule. I have seen him in public servers plenty of times, and almost always he's either joking around with trickster smoke bombs, or slashing at the shieldwall with whatever weird weapon he has chosen to take with him that day.
[quote author=AnonymousHero link=topic=24480.msg171090#msg171090 date=1395496738]
the community manager should interact in a healthy way with the community. it is this behaviour that has been fed in the community as of late tat was not tollerated in the past. people will behave in a community the way they see others behave and tbh we don't have anyone setting an example atm.

What kind of behavior are you referring to here? You say that a community manager should interact with the community, then jump to "it is this behavior that has been fed in the community". Are you saying that a lack of interaction has led to the community's behavior? If so, what kind of behavior from our community managers could have stopped this change?
[/quote]
a kid without parents/teachers vs a kid with parents/teachers...which is more likely to interact in a socially acceptable way?...use your brain a little. if there are no standerds being set then of course people will run in anarchy derp
(22-03-2014, 02:06 PM)Ramos_Caoliki link Wrote: Meh ... Whilst i probably could agree on not a lot of community interaction for all we know there could be something in the pipeline planned ? It would be nice to see more devs in-game interacting with players but that's in a perfect world and the Devs are most probably already struggling with balancing time between fixing / improving the mod and trying to have a life outside of NI. Despite popular belief Devs have to earn money to actually live since they aren't Immortal. And coming home after a long days work , having to fix stuff and deal with player issues leaves little time to have fun and interact as i'm sure they would love to.  Wink
hande has been a community manager for over a year now
I really don't see your problem, the devs work really hard to improve and fix NI.

I have never had a problem with devs unless they place silly cades down in events Big Grin (Hyper Tongue)