Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Poll: Kiting ?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
yes,pls!
62.61%
144 62.61%
no, we just want the cading.
9.57%
22 9.57%
I dont care about it.
6.52%
15 6.52%
yes, but nerf it, meaning stronger bots.
5.65%
13 5.65%
Whine whine whine
15.65%
36 15.65%
Total 230 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Kiting stuff, keep it here!
While i feel for you assassine, this is a pointless topic as the devs have long held the stance that they wish to remove kiting from this co-op Mod.

Edit: while I realise alot of ranged classes like to kite, the loot system is getting revamped(as we've heard many times) As it currently stands it pays to kite, you get a far high drop rate as it's not divided between 16 players, however, as far as I'm aware the new loot system will make more loot drop on higher populated servers (As it should) So this should eliminate one of the main reasons for kiting.

And while I occasionally like to do a bit of kiting myself with a small team, I've never understood those who 'only' kite, it just seems totally bizarre, the main pull of this mod is to fight it out as a team with other players, if you only play to kite by yourself all day every day, you really should find something else to do, no offense.
DB_Journeyman_Jon

"The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese." - Steven Wright
Quote:_The_Irish_Eagle link=topic=24666.msg171883#msg171883 date=1395957097]
[quote author=[ASSASSINE] link=topic=24666.msg171879#msg171879 date=1395956617]
just why? kiting is the most fun part of this awesome mod

Not a team player so ha ha well done Dev Team
[/quote]
Well, this is just an idea, but how would this be:
There are around 9 Hard Servers or so and there are always some with only 1-3 people who want to kite. So here is my idea(better said Patroklos´s one Tongue )
Just make 2 or 3 Servers for each mod where there are servers with only some people so around 5 slots an there are only kiting maps on that server kind of "another mod", so there the guys who do not want to play in a team can play there and do what they want. This will be a little different from the other styles to play NI.
This is just an idea, to keep some difference between the different modes in NI Wink
[Image: Tarbs.jpg]
"I wish the germans would have melt the Eiffel Tower and make tanks to kill the french" - not telling
"I ain´t gonna drop my stuff for these guys" - Wambo
"What do you call the german Secret Service? -  SS" - not telling
Kited past Loke for the first time last night in before map updates. Mission accomplished.
Prince:  31     Most kills Normal: 382    Loots:
Ragnar: 10      Best Solo                    1x Mjolnir
Loke: 14         Normal 20 COMPLETE    1x Barbuette
Thor: 4         Hard 17 incomplete      3x Grinder
Odin: 6         Ragnorak 16 incomplete
Field Marshal:1
Tbh there are many archers and pikeman who love to kite, by getting rid of this would make the mod maybe die down bit by bit (just very slowely) XD
(27-03-2014, 10:04 PM)MentalTheProtato link Wrote: But doing this would maybe die the mod down bit by bit, Long praise assassine...

Yes, for 10-20 players NI might be less attractive now. However, this mod is and has always been very team oriented, and as Jon said, this has always been the way the developers want it, so I doubt not being able to kite as properly as before will have a major impact.
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
(27-03-2014, 10:03 PM)Tarrod link Wrote: [quote author=[UK]_The_Irish_Eagle link=topic=24666.msg171883#msg171883 date=1395957097]
[quote author=[ASSASSINE] link=topic=24666.msg171879#msg171879 date=1395956617]
just why? kiting is the most fun part of this awesome mod

Not a team player so ha ha well done Dev Team
[/quote]
Well, this is just an idea, but how would this be:
There are around 9 Hard Servers or so and there are always some with only 1-3 people who want to kite. So here is my idea(better said Patroklos´s one Tongue )
Just make 2 or 3 Servers for each mod where there are servers with only some people so around 5 slots an there are only kiting maps on that server kind of "another mod", so there the guys who do not want to play in a team can play there and do what they want. This will be a little different from the other styles to play NI.
This is just an idea, to keep some difference between the different modes in NI Wink
[/quote]
I can only see this implemented when dropsrates on those new servers are 0% and the xp every enemy gives drops to 1 xp, 1 gold, 1 assist, so you just kite for fun and not for loot
most servers start off with just a few people kitting before people bomb in to fill the rest of the server forming a run. taking away the incentive to kite will probably result in far less runs being attempted on public servers above normal mode. also I do not understand peoples passionate hate for kitting. it takes far more skill to kite than to play the boring shield wall tactic that is feed to us through a tube these days. furthermore, people in less popular geographic regions such as Asia pacific find it hard to get a team together in their time zones for a run...especially on public let alone an AU server. removing kitting for them is almost killing the game. i can understand the devs want us to make use of the shield wall tactic but for some people aforementioned, this is out of the question. there should always be one or two maps that accommodate kitting so as to stop people spam kitting all the maps but also to satisfy other peoples form of enjoyment in the game. people shouldn't be forced into playing a style that someone else wants them to play...it defeats the purpose of gaming.
(28-03-2014, 04:55 AM)madjosh link Wrote: most servers start off with just a few people kitting before people bomb in to fill the rest of the server forming a run. taking away the incentive to kite will probably result in far less runs being attempted on public servers above normal mode. also I do not understand peoples passionate hate for kitting. it takes far more skill to kite than to play the boring shield wall tactic that is feed to us through a tube these days. furthermore, people in less popular geographic regions such as Asia pacific find it hard to get a team together in their time zones for a run...especially on public let alone an AU server. removing kitting for them is almost killing the game. i can understand the devs want us to make use of the shield wall tactic but for some people aforementioned, this is out of the question. there should always be one or two maps that accommodate kitting so as to stop people spam kitting all the maps but also to satisfy other peoples form of enjoyment in the game. people shouldn't be forced into playing a style that someone else wants them to play...it defeats the purpose of gaming.
Couldn't of said it better.

People who are bad at kiting always enjoy seeing kiting being destoryed for those who like to kite which kinda sadnes me. Anyways, I myself enjoy teamplay and kiting. From helping the low levels on normal to decent hard runs or ragnarok events, I like it all. But as Josh said, there are times when you can't find a decent team to play with or there just isn't enough players to form a proper run, so people turn to kiting. Sometimes when I go kite it happened many time that the run eneded up with full team that defeted the last boss, but if kiting was completly destroyed I must say I'd drag me away from this game and probably many other people as well if they can't play the way they want and feel like. Not completely but we'd all be less active, meaning as josh said it would result in less possible successful runs.
[Image: dpcfmq0qegd53mozg.jpg]
Loki Kills: 357
Thor Kills: 330
Odin Kills: 259
Prince Kills: 401
King Ragnar Kills: 258

House Crafting: Support 39, Defender 33, Attacker 30
  Alchemist: Lvl 36
Blacksmith: Lvl 21
Armorsmith: Lvl 32
Well I don´t do alot of kiting but i don´t mind that ppl do it i often leave servers to let ppl kit alone. But i do not like when ppl do it on full or nearly full servers (it has happens several times lately) and lead the bots away on prince run to get all loot them self, showoff or what ever reason they have. Therefore kiting needs to go i think since some people (you know who you are) do it on populated servers where there is a team trying to play together.

And if You like kiting then there is always Cav mode, that is a kiting in its purest form.
Favorite word: Defenestration - The act of throwing someone or something out of a window.
Well you are right Simpleton. That happens several times on populated servers and it is really annoying.
To the cav servers. Yeah you could kite with a nice horse and a bow, because the aim was similar to the one of Native Horse while you were mounted. But now I tried to kite again, but I noticed that the aim got bigger and that disallows kiting here, too. I never kited Cav for loots, I just wanted to have some fun and to have a nice kite.
This post should not be used to moan about the Cav mode, because I know it is going to be changed with the new patch.
I hope the mod is not going to die, because a lot of people wanted to kite and now it is kind of only shielding and slashing and peeking and always the routine, but the kiting brought a bit mixy tricksy thing into the mod. And I think that some different things how to play the mod would keep this great mod alive.
Greets Tarrod
[Image: Tarbs.jpg]
"I wish the germans would have melt the Eiffel Tower and make tanks to kill the french" - not telling
"I ain´t gonna drop my stuff for these guys" - Wambo
"What do you call the german Secret Service? -  SS" - not telling