Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Poll: Kiting ?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
yes,pls!
62.61%
144 62.61%
no, we just want the cading.
9.57%
22 9.57%
I dont care about it.
6.52%
15 6.52%
yes, but nerf it, meaning stronger bots.
5.65%
13 5.65%
Whine whine whine
15.65%
36 15.65%
Total 230 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Kiting stuff, keep it here!
Madjosh and Tarrod basically named all the reasons for this, but below is the most important part pro kiting:

(28-03-2014, 09:04 AM)Tarrod link Wrote: but the kiting brought a bit mixy tricksy thing into the mod. And I think that some different things how to play the mod would keep this great mod alive.
Greets Tarrod
Somehow its a snipers job to hit and run, thats what they are made for, supposed to do. i dont think this mod should force ppl to stick to a certain gameplay (e.g: Cading) as this gets boring over time (reasons are all named by madjosh). although i can understand ppl reasons for everyone cading (loot sharing etc..), not everyone should have to stay in the cades, if they feel uncomfortable with staying there (e.g: Bots getting through and wiping the rest of the team). Furthermore its lowers the pressure on the shieldwall, and gives a higher chance of getting through the wave for everyone in the server.
Best Solo:
Normal 20 Completed
Hard 20 Completed
Ragnarok 19 incompleted
Quote: link=topic=24666.msg171960#msg171960 date=1396008815]
Madjosh and Tarrod basically named all the reasons for this, but below is the most important part pro kiting:

[quote author=Tarrod link=topic=24666.msg171953#msg171953 date=1395997453]
but the kiting brought a bit mixy tricksy thing into the mod. And I think that some different things how to play the mod would keep this great mod alive.
Greets Tarrod
Somehow its a snipers job to hit and run, thats what they are made for, supposed to do. i dont think this mod should force ppl to stick to a certain gameplay (e.g: Cading) as this gets boring over time (reasons are all named by madjosh). although i can understand ppl reasons for everyone cading (loot sharing etc..), not everyone should have to stay in the cades, if they feel uncomfortable with staying there (e.g: Bots getting through and wiping the rest of the team). Furthermore its lowers the pressure on the shieldwall, and gives a higher chance of getting through the wave for everyone in the server.
[/quote]

But it's not like kiting and cading were the only 2 options available. Sometimes, whenever I feel like playing NI, but not like waiting for 15 mins to spawn, only to sit behind some shielders, I go on a cavalry server, and try and solo my way through there. I enjoy doing so, as it's a bit of practice for my horse riding in Warband, and I guess you feel the same about kiting as I do about cavalry, but there were some major advantages to kiting that shouldn't be there, in my opinion, the biggest one being drops. So I still support the devs' decision to get rid of kiting, but I'm saying it's not the only alternative to cading up.
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
(28-03-2014, 12:39 PM)Maroon link Wrote: [quote author=[ASSASSINE] link=topic=24666.msg171960#msg171960 date=1396008815]

but the kiting brought a bit mixy tricksy thing into the mod. And I think that some different things how to play the mod would keep this great mod alive.
Greets Tarrod
[/quote]

But it's not like kiting and cading were the only 2 options available. Sometimes, whenever I feel like playing NI, but not like waiting for 15 mins to spawn, only to sit behind some shielders, I go on a cavalry server, and try and solo my way through there. I enjoy doing so, as it's a bit of practice for my horse riding in Warband, and I guess you feel the same about kiting as I do about cavalry, but there were some major advantages to kiting that shouldn't be there, in my opinion, the biggest one being drops. So I still support the devs' decision to get rid of kiting, but I'm saying it's not the only alternative to cading up.
[/quote]

Why would anyone kite, if there isn´t a chance of getting drops? You all know how damn expensive items are nowadays. For instance, I´m trying to craft the Imperial Armour Blue atm, I need 250 Lumps. How shall I get them if I´m only playing in a team, where the chance of getting the drop yourself is lowered? That´s why I support Nkas and Joshs posts; don´t remove kiting.

To be honest, I´m mostly kiting in this mod, together with Nka, and yet I´m not in a huge advantage regarding the drops. Ask Nka or other ppl kiting constantly, drops are still rare or at least the drops of high-valued materials.
alpha got it right, its destroying the idea of  the sniper class, based on the reasons stated in the other posts. We have had this dicussion 2 years ago aswell, i would like to quote Hyper here, (as the topic is locked, ill just post the link to it along with what he said: http://forum.nordinvasion.com/index.php?...979.0.html) " generally if i see people moan excessively at archers doing their job i will kick them to teach them better manners Wink enjoy those boss waves!". Basically those maps where "destroyed" because ppl were impatient waiting, dont wanne see bots lured away, but seeing this post and reading through it i think archer kiting should remain possible. 2 years ago it remained possible, so why would we want to change it now?
Best Solo:
Normal 20 Completed
Hard 20 Completed
Ragnarok 19 incompleted
Quote: link=topic=24687.msg171971#msg171971 date=1396014771]
alpha got it right, its destroying the idea of  the sniper class, based on the reasons stated in the other posts. We have had this dicussion 2 years ago aswell, i would like to quote Hyper here, (as the topic is locked, ill just post the link to it along with what he said: http://forum.nordinvasion.com/index.php?...979.0.html) " generally if i see people moan excessively at archers doing their job i will kick them to teach them better manners Wink enjoy those boss waves!". Basically those maps where "destroyed" because ppl were impatient waiting, dont wanne see bots lured away, but seeing this post and reading through it i think archer kiting should remain possible. 2 years ago it remained possible, so why would we want to change it now?
^^ Keep kiting alive!
If kiting was'nt around, i wouldnt play this mod  :'(
Instead of Nerfing all of the maps to make them Anti Kiting and forcing people to cade wall How about just greatly increase the Area in which you receive Assist XP? Because atm the looting Area around a bot who gets killed is far to short (IMO)... Then there will be nothing wrong with kiting, if everyone is in range then everyone can get loot and the kiters don't get everything that is dropped. Also people wont be annoyed when a skilled pikeman or sniper Kites as they know they wont be missing out on any  loot...

-This would also Help New players level up which will be helpful for improving the Mod community

I might be missing something that could easily make this idea never work but yeah just an idea  Smile
Don't suicide yourself. Bradapple 07/01/2015

And last thing im gonna say is dont make my point to another way. - Gandhi
Dont let sniper class die!!  :Smile  kite is part in ni so why Change it :/
Takeo: you never stalk my profile?
boss11: nah Big Grin should i haha^^
Takeo: yeah you punk
boss11: you near my window and look at me or
Takeo: not just looking
(28-03-2014, 12:39 PM)Maroon link Wrote: [quote author=[ASSASSINE] link=topic=24666.msg171960#msg171960 date=1396008815]

Greets Tarrod
[/quote]

[/quote]

Those with the ability and patience to kite far enough that loot actually matters deserve the extra loot chance imo.
Kiting is a great alternative play-style that I think every player should learn, no matter the class. To discourage it would be a step in the wrong direction. Through kiting, players improve their individual skill in ways that aren't possible when playing behind barricades. It requires quick thinking, good decision making, and a bit of planning. I'm not saying these things aren't necessary when barricading and shielding -- they are necessary, which is why they should be practiced and improved. But the lax environment of the shield wall does not foster growth in these areas.

A few more things you can improve through kiting:
  • Positioning and awareness.
  • Aim.
  • CQC.
  • Knowledge of bot movement patterns.

That being said, if you join a server where players are trying to barricade, don't go off kiting. If you join a server where a player wants to just kite alone, see if that player would mind you joining. If he does, then just join another server. Joining in despite protest will just cause the other person to leave. There are plenty of servers to play on and different play-styles can be accommodated.

Now if, for example, all the servers were constantly filled without an empty server to spare, taking a server for yourself or a small group should be discouraged. Otherwise, why not just leave players who want to play alone or in groups of 2s or 3s to their own devices?
ba da bing ba da BAN! -Hypernoma