Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Poll: Kiting ?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
yes,pls!
62.61%
144 62.61%
no, we just want the cading.
9.57%
22 9.57%
I dont care about it.
6.52%
15 6.52%
yes, but nerf it, meaning stronger bots.
5.65%
13 5.65%
Whine whine whine
15.65%
36 15.65%
Total 230 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Kiting stuff, keep it here!
I think kiting needs to stay. About 1/2 of the population rely's on it and quite frankly we dont have enough people to have full servers so that eliminates teamplay. If only say 5 people are playing you can barely cade and now you cant kite. What will they do? I feels it effects the AU community the most since when they are on most servers are dead. Make up some other form or something but we pretty much need kiting.
(28-03-2014, 07:23 PM)clickeverywhere link Wrote: Kiting is a great alternative play-style that I think every player should learn, no matter the class. To discourage it would be a step in the wrong direction. Through kiting, players improve their individual skill in ways that aren't possible when playing behind barricades. It requires quick thinking, good decision making, and a bit of planning. I'm not saying these things aren't necessary when barricading and shielding -- they are necessary, which is why they should be practiced and improved. But the lax environment of the shield wall does not foster growth in these areas.

A few more things you can improve through kiting:
  • Positioning and awareness.
  • Aim.
  • CQC.
  • Knowledge of bot movement patterns.

That being said, if you join a server where players are trying to barricade, don't go off kiting. If you join a server where a player wants to just kite alone, see if that player would mind you joining. If he does, then just join another server. Joining in despite protest will just cause the other person to leave. There are plenty of servers to play on and different play-styles can be accommodated.

Now if, for example, all the servers were constantly filled without an empty server to spare, taking a server for yourself or a small group should be discouraged. Otherwise, why not just leave players who want to play alone or in groups of 2s or 3s to their own devices?
^^ Exactly.
In my opinion kiting is fine, thought what I really dislike about it is the people asking you to leave a server because they want to kite alone.. I've kited a lot myself and know that it can be irritating that people join as the run might get ruined, but I still refrain from asking people to leave as I don't feel I have a right to. Even worse is those(you know who you are) who join a normal server at wave 16, delays the spawn to wait until the bots kill the team, then spawns in the last second to kite the last waves and prince alone. When doing that you're just being a big douchebag.

As for current drops when kiting, they really are a lot superior to playing in a team(ex. nka recently got 2 lumps, a scale and a zinc shard or something in 2 hours), which is why most people kite. So if the devs really want to get rid of kiting they should make playing in a team more profitable than playing alone. Or another way to do it would be to just decrease the ammo amount for all ranged weapons a lot, though that would also nerf the ranged classes in all kinds of play styles.

Having that said, I'm still for having kiting in the mod as I find it a lot more fun and challenging and at the same time it's just up to myself how far I make it. And I've also gotten a bit tired of the usual way of playing the mod as then I just stand still shooting for some hours. And I don't really see that the "normal" way of playing the mod will change much unless they find a way to make the maps more interactive in some way.
I think there are better ways to encourage team-based gameplay than removing kiting from the mod. To get to later waves on Hard and Ragnarok by yourself was already rather difficult, and would often require a cading team to achieve. The amount of players who are good enough to kite through those later waves on their own are a small portion of the NI population anyways. Although I'm not a fan of Cav mode, adding a different style of gameplay was at least a step in the right direction and a way of keeping players engaged with the mod for a longer period of time. In a mod that is incredibly repetitive as NordInvasion is, I think that removing a different style of gameplay is dangerous and detrimental to the existence of the mod and its community.
Official Banner Update Pack - http://forum.nordinv.com/index.php/topic,25828.0.html
Perseus     (Lvl 52 Royal Guard)
Artemis     (Lvl 52 Warden)
Hephaestus (Lvl 52 Zweihander)
Ares          (Lvl 52 Pikeman Hybrid)
Hestia       (Lvl 24 Heavy Xbow)

Loots: 1x Sun Pike
Kiting should definitely not be removed in my opinion. This would be a huge problem for people without houses. How many public Odin or Rag runs are there in eg one month? Maybe 2 or even 3?
Or do You see any other way to get loots, gold and xp without good runs? With kiting You get at least the chance to get some stuff You could only get with good runs, that are pretty rare now :/
This mod needs a couple of good kiting maps!!  People that kite need to follow the rules, never ask anyone to leave the server so you can kite alone!! 

Many players are guilty of this as seen on port assault recently. 

I personally thinks its great to kite to wave 4,8 etc then to see if fill up with players.
I think you will find that kiting normal is still easy. Should 1 person seriously be able to kill the King of the nords, or even the gods?! I don't think so... Most of the maps are still able to be completed solo on normal. If you want to slay Odin, get a team together.
My Characters!

VLKA_Handef_Snizel - Royal Gaurd
VLKA_Handef - Master Peltast
VLKA_HybridLeHandef - Sharpshooter
VLKA_Snizel - Ranger
(29-03-2014, 11:06 AM)Handef_Snizel link Wrote: I think you will find that kiting normal is still easy. Should 1 person seriously be able to kill the King of the nords, or even the gods?! I don't think so... Most of the maps are still able to be completed solo on normal. If you want to slay Odin, get a team together.

Ha! I would like to see you solo Prince on current maps lol.  Its not always possible to get a team, often a hard server is full so kiting with a small team is only option.
(29-03-2014, 01:02 PM)The Cid link Wrote: [quote author=Handef_Snizel link=topic=24687.msg172094#msg172094 date=1396091174]
I think you will find that kiting normal is still easy. Should 1 person seriously be able to kill the King of the nords, or even the gods?! I don't think so... Most of the maps are still able to be completed solo on normal. If you want to slay Odin, get a team together.

Ha! I would like to see you solo Prince on current maps lol.  Its not always possible to get a team, often a hard server is full so kiting with a small team is only option.
[/quote]

Out of curiosity, have you seen all the maps yet since the last map update? Because I sure haven't, and I was surprised to see this topic spring up so quickly after the map update, with the message that all maps now disallow kiting. Did Assassine check all the maps at that point already? Not meant as an insult or anything by the way, I'm just genuinely curious.

Edit: Also,
(29-03-2014, 10:27 AM)Noname link Wrote: Kiting should definitely not be removed in my opinion. This would be a huge problem for people without houses. How many public Odin or Rag runs are there in eg one month? Maybe 2 or even 3?
Or do You see any other way to get loots, gold and xp without good runs? With kiting You get at least the chance to get some stuff You could only get with good runs, that are pretty rare now :/
How many rag runs? I see at least one per 2 days, most of the time one each day, so I don't see where the 2-3 a month comes from. If you're referring to successful runs, I think maybe a third of the runs makes it?
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
I did some testing, was able to solo to wave 19 on traders valley, wave 16 on old village and wave 17 on outskirts. And maybe if  I weren't so shit at kiting I would of killed prince...
My Characters!

VLKA_Handef_Snizel - Royal Gaurd
VLKA_Handef - Master Peltast
VLKA_HybridLeHandef - Sharpshooter
VLKA_Snizel - Ranger