Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Bullshit
what is the point to sell very cheap weapon, if you can just sell the resources to craft these weapons expensive?

Example:
Side Sword 4000 price at auction

Items Required:
3 x Steel = 10,500 gold
1 x Wood = 100 gold
1 x Normal Grindstone = 5 gold
3 x Normal Charcoal = 15 gold
3 x Metal = 2100 gold
Item Created:
1 x Side Sword = 12720  gold!!!!
(this is if you're lucky to buy resources for crafting cheap!)

Three times cheaper! Why craft a weapon?
To increase your crafting skill.

Also, if people stop crafting weapons the price of said weapons would increase to lower supply. That would eventually mean that they are more expensive than the crafting materials, however, I would have thought that in turn increases the demand of the crafting materials pushing them further up again...

The point is to get crafting skill.
[Image: GuardTennenothSig-2hat-2.png]

Add the straw hat as a usable item. I feel naked without it!
Add back Nordic armour! I have nowhere warm to sleep now!
Avatar courtesy of Tomas of Miles.
(04-05-2012, 12:35 PM)Tennenoth link Wrote:To increase your crafting skill.

Also, if people stop crafting weapons the price of said weapons would increase to lower supply. That would eventually mean that they are more expensive than the crafting materials, however, I would have thought that in turn increases the demand of the crafting materials pushing them further up again...

The point is to get crafting skill.
Just got out of prison after attacking a man on New years eve. Excuse me for getting nervous while an Arab was counting down from ten.

What's the difference between a black and a white fairy tale?
White begins, "once upon a time,"
black begins, "y'all motherf*ckers ain't gonna believe dis shit!"
You only make a loss when you pay for all the mats. I don't know of many people who actually do that consistantly. Generally, you farm things and buy the last bits to make the craft work. As a result the mats price reflects this. Calculating from the value of the mats is not really all that accurate for much more than a general view.

If you do make an item as expensive as the mats, there is no point in buying the sword, since someone can make it and get the XP as well.

However, when I started playing side swords and Irish swords were very expensive, around 13k. So people made their own, we leveled up and then there were tons of side swords to throw onto the AH. The availability of the item effects it's value. This is of course self correcting, as no one will make them for a while. Claymores used to be cheap, so people stopped making them, the price is much higher now.