Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Obligatory support items on Hard and Ragnarok
Well, You're right.
Maybe there could be a special item You can only get drop chances for by having a support item equipped.
It's just a suggestion here, too  Wink
Good points by Winter and Perception. It doesn't make sense that something so crucial for Hard and Ragnarok mode be usable by the player only after they've been able to play Ragnarok mode for 11 levels. 

On normal barricades: they have their uses and can still be effective. Having normal cades is better than having no cades. It's possible to get through Hard mode with just normal barricades and barrels.
ba da bing ba da BAN! -Hypernoma
why not just buff normal cades and change the texture. people avoid placing these ugly mess of sticks because not only do they shrink at the sight of a few nord farmers but, they also do a fantastic job of getting us swadians all sticky stucky and unable to move. Heavy cades could do with a makeover as well. given the stark change in NI maps, heavy cades just arent necessary any more. Hell normal cades are more useful than them. we just don't see windows or open spaces to get shot from in the new cadeing areas that are being fed to us in the form of mush through a tube. maybe change the heavy cade to something mid tier, something less tank than an shc but more so than a normal barricade...or create something new all together...or just give us kiting Tongue
Over the issue of players not having normal cades due to laziness or lack of cooperation. Why not make an easily completable quest that rewards a normal cade?
(15-04-2014, 03:40 PM)Maroon link Wrote: Aw, man, for real? I thought developers were magical fairies that could sprinkle stardust over wishes to make them come true. Bummer.
Well i'm glad you're not a retard.
Quote:Seriously, though, I'm curious what makes you so certain the playstyle of NI won't change in a long time. I'm pretty sure that it does shift with every patch added. 0.5.1 already reduced the strength of cades somewhat, 0.6.0 introduced cavalry, an entirely new playstyle.
Increasing the cade strength totally changed the playstyle of NI (jk) still shield wall.

Who plays cav? (no one) (why?) (because theres no loot) (= useless change)

Summary: Nothing has been changed (PLAYSTYLE).
Quote: Sure, the changes I noted above are radical to say the least, and most likely impossible to code (hence the "And that's not even mentioning the boundaries of Warband's module system.")
No it's not, hence my first point about Banks. (Yes i know you're going to reply with "BUT I SAID LIKELY")
Quote:I still think fundamental changes to NI will improve it so much more than just adding restrictions to players in order to fix a less efficient system.
Fundamental changes like what? I love these changes you are suggesting, and even if you did, the devs probably couldn't code it because as my first statement, banks aint around.
Quote:Also, Slayer, people have opinions. If they don't have the same one as you, that does not automatically mean they like ass kissing.
Of course people have opinions, but if they reject the truth to get onto someone's good side, that's ass kissing, and there's too much on this forum/community.
Legendary Drops:
Eastern Katana - December 2012
Legacy - April 2014
Pike of Kings - June 2014
Stag Bow -June 2014
Rupturers - June 2014
Durandel - August 2014
Ancient Greatsword - August 2014
Valsgarde Helmet - September 2014
Penetrator - April 2015
Mnominor - April 2015
Volundr Greatsword - April 2015
Some "not quite as radical" changes that could be made:

1. Remove medic and engineer support class and allow players to equip whatever support item they want based on a tier system like riding class. Newer players are likely uncertain about which support is best for them. Currently it's a huge investment of both XP and gold to actually get a decent support item at every tier. If you ever plan to respec, that's a ton of XP spent on support classes down the drain. If you decide you don't like your support class, you do a full character respec. Some of the indecision/unwillingness to invest can be alleviated by removing the option altogether.

2. Have a separate support class respec as has been previously requested.

3. Change the support tier needed for SHC as per Winter's suggestion.

4. Increasing the requirements for Ragnarok mode.

If one or more of these options were implemented, I think we'd see more time spent in hard mode with players who are properly geared.
ba da bing ba da BAN! -Hypernoma
(16-04-2014, 04:54 PM)clickeverywhere link Wrote: Some "not quite as radical" changes that could be made:

1. Remove medic and engineer support class and allow players to equip whatever support item they want based on a tier system like riding class. Newer players are likely uncertain about which support is best for them. Currently it's a huge investment of both XP and gold to actually get a decent support item at every tier. If you ever plan to respec, that's a ton of XP spent on support classes down the drain. If you decide you don't like your support class, you do a full character respec. Some of the indecision/unwillingness to invest can be alleviated by removing the option altogether.

2. Have a separate support class respec as has been previously requested.

3. Change the support tier needed for SHC as per Winter's suggestion.

4. Increasing the requirements for Ragnarok mode.

If one or more of these options were implemented, I think we'd see more time spent in hard mode with players who are properly geared.
We're done here people, 'nuff said.
CC_Sir_Yabu - lvl 52 Wielder of the Rectal Glory
CC_Dr_Yabu - lvl 52 Pokémon
CC_Yabu_the_Hutt - lvl 52 Space Mob Member
CC_Yabudabadoo - lvl 39 Pacifist
CC_Dyabu_Unchained - lvl 10 No Comment
Visit my shop IKEY!
sry for my late responding, i have been away a few days. to solve this problem combine what click said, with the requirement of bringing in a shc/ med kit. If the player doesnt equip it, he does not get any loot -> works the same way as lvl requirement.  The very long requested lvl increase needed to join rag, backs this up, as player are far more experienced, if they finally  get to join rag. Hard mode should give these ppl enough chance of loot and it was always supposed as "the middle Mode" in between normal and rag, when it first came out.
Best Solo:
Normal 20 Completed
Hard 20 Completed
Ragnarok 19 incompleted