Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Odin
Right now he has a big helmet, sword and shield (unless it's changed in last weeks). But to make Odin unique and as true to Norse mythology as Thor is right now, he needs a loose hood over his head and a spear in his hands, called Gungnir. I suggest also giving him a robe, all with extremely high stats of course. I suggest giving the spear crushtrough as well.

He's also known (in the Edda and Sigmund's saga I think) for the ritual of throwing a spear over the enemy's heads as to sacrifice them. So one or two throwing spears, with maybe crushthrough and almost instant kill would be fun too.

This is all to make the last wave more special, and make Odin look more genuine, without new models being necessary.
one or two "kill all" throwing spears would be amusing...
^
Yeah and no op sword anymore which onehit shields ):
Loots:
?.?.12 - Wormbane
4.6.18 - Penetrator

[Image: 76561198058198743.png]
This is not a nerf request Jalau Tongue It's a request to make Odin look like Odin.
(09-05-2012, 10:51 PM)Kwal link Wrote:Right now he has a big helmet, sword and shield (unless it's changed in last weeks). But to make Odin unique and as true to Norse mythology as Thor is right now, he needs a loose hood over his head and a spear in his hands, called Gungnir. I suggest also giving him a robe, all with extremely high stats of course. I suggest giving the spear crushtrough as well.

He's also known (in the Edda and Sigmund's saga I think) for the ritual of throwing a spear over the enemy's heads as to sacrifice them. So one or two throwing spears, with maybe crushthrough and almost instant kill would be fun too.

This is all to make the last wave more special, and make Odin look more genuine, without new models being necessary.

Nice idea Kwal as i said ingame too. I'm kinda bored and dont feel like continue on my armor for now; so to support the idea i can try to model that Gungnir and a throwing spear by modifiying the mesh when is done.  I can show the results in 2 or 3 days i guess.
Attack of the smileys! Beware!
(24-06-2012, 12:05 PM)Ryu link Wrote:Nice idea Kwal as i said ingame too. I'm kinda bored and dont feel like continue on my armor for now; so to support the idea i can try to model that Gungnir and a throwing spear by modifiying the mesh when is done.  I can show the results in 2 or 3 days i guess.

:o sounds epic
Made this awhile ago, would this do Tongue?
I have to redo the textures (they suck Tongue) though.
Nothing is impossible, it's just a matter of determination and probability.

2nd Knight forever!

No longer active.
That's pretty cool Senni. In my opinion it looks a bit too much like an arrow with a stick beneath it though Tongue

And Ryu, that's awesome, can't wait to see what you've made. All his items should be pretty bland, Gungnir is supposed to be an old, crooked rusty spear. I think Worm would know something about this too. But it's the artist's choice of course!

E: also if it is in any way possible to model a hood like the Battle Priests have but with a part covering the left eye (Odin sacrificed his left eye for wisdom and typically covered it with a hood), that would be the best.

(24-06-2012, 12:12 PM)Senni link Wrote:Made this awhile ago, would this do Tongue?
I have to redo the textures (they suck Tongue) though.

Thats looking nice to me Senni Smile. After checking Odin and his gungnir a bit, i find out its a medium size spear so your model might be just too long, but you can modify it i think. Also we need a closer look at the tip i guess Smile. Even if you dont modify it, you might wanna try to ask devs if they can use it or not.

(24-06-2012, 12:28 PM)Kwal link Wrote:That's pretty cool Senni. In my opinion it looks a bit too much like an arrow with a stick beneath it though Tongue

And Ryu, that's awesome, can't wait to see what you've made. All his items should be pretty bland, Gungnir is supposed to be an old, crooked rusty spear. I think Worm would know something about this too. But it's the artist's choice of course!

E: also if it is in any way possible to model a hood like the Battle Priests have but with a part covering the left eye (Odin sacrificed his left eye for wisdom and typically covered it with a hood), that would be the best.

Yup, i'm modeling something simple, not too fancy, but it will have some norse letters (runes) with "Odin" and "Gungnir"on the sides of the tip. I find a translator to have the runes(letters?) i need, but i used something called "long branch" to translate because i like the looks of the letters ( Tongue ). So anyone who have knowledge of these norse runes and want to do correct writings of the words "Odin" and "Gungnir" it'd be great Smile.

For Hood, i might try to modify mesh and remake texture of one of the ingame hoods maybe(or i might just model a new one, not sure), but i cant promise anything. Also on most of the odin silluettes, he has some kind of a winged helmet, isnt it'd be better if he have something like that instead?
Attack of the smileys! Beware!